Sat 21st May: SL: Hull FC v Wigan Warriors KO 15:00

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/05/22 at 14:30

46 minutes ago, boris74 said:

Fancy a good performance by Hull. Suspect we will have Reynolds and Gale in the halves which doesn't fill me with as much confidence as it probably should!

I think Reynolds might be dropped and Gale selected in the halves. Hodgson needs to start thinking about whether either will be offered deals for next year and I suspect neither will. They both need to start pulling up trees but I rather doubt either is capable tbh.

It's nearly always a tough game vs the Pies and I don't think this will be much different. It's the perfect opportunity for Gale to turn territory into points to prove his worth and with that in mind I reckon we'll fall a bit short.

Hull 16 Wigan 22.

• Like 1
With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Tottenhamitis is the new Wembleyitis, so a home win looks likely to me. 

A very good point and one I have to admit I'd not considered.

Hull 16 Wigan 22.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

If Hull don't win this then it's a very poor result. Wigan are good but not special. At home I would back us to win anyway. We really should have won the away fixture. Throw in the cup final next weekend and we really should get the job done here. Hull by 12

A whirlwind start from HFC, denying Wigan possession for most of the first 20 minutes. Wigan are belatedly getting into the game, and it is Hull FC 18:12 Wigan after 35 minutes.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thrown away again by Hull. Totally dominant in the first half and then as always the errors and needless penalties start creeping in. Only one winner from here and they aren't wearing black and white.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MZH said:

Thrown away again by Hull. Totally dominant in the first half and then as always the errors and needless penalties start creeping in. Only one winner from here and they aren't wearing black and white.

A minute after I say that Tuimavave scores a (very scrappy) try to put Hull back in front. I'll take the credit for that one 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Result - Hull FC 31:22 Wigan.

HFC get a much-needed win, and Wigan get a good tough test before the CC Final. Not too bad all round.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 18/05/2022 at 23:00, MZH said:

If Hull don't win this then it's a very poor result. Wigan are good but not special. At home I would back us to win anyway. We really should have won the away fixture. Throw in the cup final next weekend and we really should get the job done here. Hull by 12

Well I wasn't far off. We played well on the whole, but we let Wigan back in the game with silly errors and indiscipline. We were better than a 9 point win in reality.

13 hours ago, MZH said:

Well I wasn't far off. We played well on the whole, but we let Wigan back in the game with silly errors and indiscipline. We were better than a 9 point win in reality.

It was a good prediction but you revised it mid-game, sorry.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

14 hours ago, Ant said:

Hopefully Hull will have left lots of lumps and injuries to take into next week

Good result all round for the Giants tbh 😉

Hopefully Hull will have left lots of lumps and injuries to take into next week.

That's the spirit! Good to see that the idea of deliberately injuring players hasn't gone out of fashion.

Edited by JohnM

4 hours ago, JohnM said:

Hopefully Hull will have left lots of lumps and injuries to take into next week.

That's the spirit! Good to see that the idea of deliberately injuring players hasn't gone out of fashion.

Behave John, he didn't say that at all.

Hoping that Wigan might have picked up a few injuries as a result of the game admittedly isn't exactly in the spirit but Ant clearly wasn't wishing injuries caused intentionally on the Wigan players.

He's hoping that Hull will have caused injuries to players, which by any measure is an unpleasant wish, I reckon.

Ok, he didn't use the word deliberately, but then again, he didn't use the word "accidentally" either.

Edited by JohnM

Happy to be proved wrong with my prediction.

Fair play to Wigan, even 7 days before a Cup Final, they really dug in and fought hard. Disappointing that we didn't put the game further out of reach early doors with three tries but no conversions. Reynolds will have been delighted to have scored the 4th try as he's under increasing pressure to perform, I'd rather he had grounded the ball earlier though as despite under no pressure, he looked very close the the dead ball line when scoring. With Wigan crossing for a couple it was disappointing to go in only 6 points to the good at arf tarm.

Jake Connor providing the final pass for all of Hull's four first half tries.

Game was level early doors second half but Tuimavave put us back into the lead with a try I need to see again. Crossfield kick was left to bounce and he picked it up and ran down the blindside inches from the touchline, bit of unusual slack defending from the Pies. A Gale DG and Satae crash over try eventually finished Wigan off after Farrell increased the nerves with a try.

A couple of things really disappointed me, Connor Wynne had a fantastic game but showed naivety when making a terrific break then playing the ball before a Hull acting half could get there, allowing the Wigan defender to simply pick the ball up. The other thing was one of the first half Wigan tries, Hull covered well in defence but then two defenders turned their backs on the play and conceded a soft score.

Aside from that though, generally pleased with the display, thought the Hull players showed a great team spirit and were generally unrecognisable from the shower that played in the Derby.