Sat 21st May: SL: Hull FC v Wigan Warriors KO 15:00

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/05/22 at 14:30

6 hours ago, Just Browny said:

It was a good prediction but you revised it mid-game, sorry.

😂 That's just because I get very negative when I see things starting to go wrong and assume the worst. I've seen Hull blow it so many times before.

41 minutes ago, meast said:

😄 

I love it when people make in game predictions wrong

And I love being proved wrong in cases like this!

Hull were so dominant in the first half and playing some excellent rugby and yet we only led by 6. When Wigan tied it up I was sure I'd seen this movie before and it was inevitable that we would throw it away. Errors and penalties were creeping in and our composure was slipping. Thankfully I underestimated our resolve and we closed the game out well.

Edited by MZH
  • Like 1

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Some really good tries from Hull. When on form they have threats all over the pitch and Connor is exceptional on his day. Also some woeful defending from Wigan for a couple of tries (Bibby clocking off for the Tuimavave try is a shocker).

The table doesn't lie and there's not much separating Wigan, Huddersfield and Hull so far this year. Hull perhaps just a little more inconsistent. Wigan, despite being the best attacking side this year have a very porous defence which is preventing us from making it a clear cut top 3 and keeps us in the chasing trio.

No idea how this was arranged but what a fantastic gesture for Tommy Leuluai to present Danny Houghton with a special commemorative jersey to mark his 400th appearance for Hull FC.

May be an image of 3 people and indoor

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

22 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

No idea how this was arranged but what a fantastic gesture for Tommy Leuluai to present Danny Houghton with a special commemorative jersey to mark his 400th appearance for Hull FC.

May be an image of 3 people and indoor

What a brilliant photo.

Thought the game was outstanding too. One of the most entertaining I've seen in some time. Really pleased that Wigan brought a strong side and they didn't hold back either. It was a tough, physical game with some cracking tries from both sides.

Good to see a fair few away fans in the place too. Contributed to a terrific atmosphere. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On 22/05/2022 at 13:00, Old Frightful said:

Happy to be proved wrong with my prediction.

Fair play to Wigan, even 7 days before a Cup Final, they really dug in and fought hard. Disappointing that we didn't put the game further out of reach early doors with three tries but no conversions. Reynolds will have been delighted to have scored the 4th try as he's under increasing pressure to perform, I'd rather he had grounded the ball earlier though as despite under no pressure, he looked very close the the dead ball line when scoring. With Wigan crossing for a couple it was disappointing to go in only 6 points to the good at arf tarm.

Jake Connor providing the final pass for all of Hull's four first half tries.

Game was level early doors second half but Tuimavave put us back into the lead with a try I need to see again. Crossfield kick was left to bounce and he picked it up and ran down the blindside inches from the touchline, bit of unusual slack defending from the Pies. A Gale DG and Satae crash over try eventually finished Wigan off after Farrell increased the nerves with a try.

A couple of things really disappointed me, Connor Wynne had a fantastic game but showed naivety when making a terrific break then playing the ball before a Hull acting half could get there, allowing the Wigan defender to simply pick the ball up. The other thing was one of the first half Wigan tries, Hull covered well in defence but then two defenders turned their backs on the play and conceded a soft score.

Aside from that though, generally pleased with the display, thought the Hull players showed a great team spirit and were generally unrecognisable from the shower that played in the Derby.

I'm still not sure what happened with the Tuimavave try. It was like some magic trick where he made the ball disappear. I don't think the defenders had any idea where it was..

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

21 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Reynolds up before disciplinary it seems. Any idea why? I wasn't at the game as I was on holiday (and couldn't get much signal either for commentary 😐)

There was an incident at the end where he ran the ball out of play to end the game and a Wigan player (Smithies I think) tackled him anyway even though he was clearly in touch, nothing bad about it, just needless. Reynolds responded by throwing the ball in his face, which is what the other contrary behaviour charge was. I thought i had had seen yesterday that there was no further action though.

On 22/05/2022 at 07:26, JohnM said:

Hopefully Hull will have left lots of lumps and injuries to take into next week.

That's the spirit! Good to see that the idea of deliberately injuring players hasn't gone out of fashion.

Behave yourself, knocks are part of the game and every player carries them from week to week

Well done on taking deliberate offence, have a cookie.

1 hour ago, Ant said:

Behave yourself, knocks are part of the game and every player carries them from week to week

Well done on taking deliberate offence, have a cookie.

Have you been on holiday?