Fri 20th May: SL: Salford Red Devils v Castleford Tigers KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/05/22 at 19:30

Croft, Lafai, Sneyd, Ackers, Burgess all outstanding there. Watkins looked sharpest I've seen for years too.

Edited by Just Browny
  • Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Padge said:

Another entertaining game.

A distressing tendency, for some.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Another excellent,  entertaining game, with a couple of fantastic trys, and what a pass that flick was.

Wonderful to see the players lining up to sign autographs at the end for the kids, what an incredible image that is, the RFL need to push that clip out to every single media outlet.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

Another excellent,  entertaining game, with a couple of fantastic trys, and what a pass that flick was.

Wonderful to see the players lining up to sign autographs at the end for the kids, what an incredible image that is, the RFL need to push that clip out to every single media outlet.

They want to show it in contrast to pitch invasions and flares. (Only joking)

• Haha 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, DavidM said:

Ah , the 70s

Parkas and flares very much a current ensemble round Wigan.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Not got a clue what Croft's on about but it sounds clever.

On 18/05/2022 at 12:37, The storm said:

Even tie this one with salford having a good win against leeds

Im not sure if salford bring enough to super league so castleford by 6 to 12

I sed Solfod wud win be 10, but I wos rong!!! 

• Like 1

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

Well I enjoyed that, some great play, don't think I've seen a 20/40 this season before.

Just quietly going about business, bench very light today was worried when I saw it but hey I have a big smile

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Croft, Lafai, Sneyd, Ackers, Burgess all outstanding there. Watkins looked sharpest I've seen for years too.

Tonight was actually the quietest he's been since his return but he has been instrumental in our change of fortunes recently.

Thought we were a mixed bag tonight however, when the attack click (which it is doing increasingly), we're a great side to watch.

If it wasn't for the news about King Vuniyayawa I think we'd have a real chance at the play-offs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ray Cashmere said:

Tonight was actually the quietest he's been since his return but he has been instrumental in our change of fortunes recently.

Thought we were a mixed bag tonight however, when the attack click (which it is doing increasingly), we're a great side to watch.

If it wasn't for the news about King Vuniyayawa I think we'd have a real chance at the play-offs.

Salford have to go into the market for a replacement for King, threadbare in the forwards.

2 minutes ago, DG70 said:

Salford have to go into the market for a replacement for King, threadbare in the forwards.

I would agree.

Ormondroyd has been excellent in fairness and I do rate Luckley & Wells plus Dupree coming in is a boost. However, Akauola just isn't good enough and Burke has been poor this season. Add in Gerrard who has been solid but nothing more and we'll need a lot of luck to get through the season with that group of middles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

This is exactly the kind of broken play/not robots game that *some people* say we need more of and was what was great back in the day.

I'm enjoying it a lot.

Me too - I was there tonight. Great game - good atmosphere too !!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Sadly the good things don't often make the headlines!

This is true but it's the RFL's job to look at ways of making the sport look good beyond the obvious skills, athletics, speed etc er come to think of it they don't do that either!

When I saw CAS' pack and bench the monstering strategy played versus a game plan to stop their threats

Injuries will play a large part in the season and P&R and I'm still hoping SRD get grown up enough to have a full blown crisis like Leeds one day!

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

The morning after reflections.

Odd that I am only getting to take pleasure from this now. 

But that felt like an ordeal for me. Gawd knows why, maybe the sticky weather, being with newbies, even perhaps distant memories of being a kid, feeling rancid, at my uncle's long long full on Catholic wedding, whilst wearing a jumper similar to Cas's yellow/grey kit.

Or just that it was a hard fought, tense, game for Cas and SRD.

Another good shift by Salford. Defence was Ok, lots of energy and the attack, the New Rowleyball, is fast, slick and decisive.

SRD took their chances and made something of them. Some fine tries and that Lafai offload!

Couple of points. 

Inside the ground, a mere 5300 makes the AJ Bell feel full.

Congratulations to SRD for the schools event.

The newbies are already wanting to see the next game against Wigan.

That vegan roll is surprisingly edible.

Who has tapped Harvey?

And who is Sebastian?

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

The morning after reflections.

Odd that I am only getting to take pleasure from this now. 

But that felt like an ordeal for me. Gawd knows why, maybe the sticky weather, being with newbies, even perhaps distant memories of being a kid, feeling rancid, at my uncle's long long full on Catholic wedding, whilst wearing a jumper similar to Cas's yellow/grey kit.

Or just that it was a hard fought, tense, game for Cas and SRD.

Another good shift by Salford. Defence was Ok, lots of energy and the attack, the New Rowleyball, is fast, slick and decisive.

SRD took their chances and made something of them. Some fine tries and that Lafai offload!

Couple of points. 

Inside the ground, a mere 5300 makes the AJ Bell feel full.

Congratulations to SRD for the schools event.

The newbies are already wanting to see the next game against Wigan.

That vegan roll is surprisingly edible.

Who has tapped Harvey?

And who is Sebastian?

It looked really good all the Salford players signing things for the kids. 

• Like 1