Fri 20th May: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Toulouse Olympique KO 19:45

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Toulouse Olympique

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/05/22 at 19:15

TO lose again to a drop goal. I know at the end of the season it will be 2points lost again, but pushing Wigan and Huddersfield to a drop goal win won't count for much. Still, some progress playing away on the rain.

• Like 3

Bit embarrassing for Fartown to need a last minute DG, but I suppose a lot of their players were going at half throttle ahead of next weekend.

TO are game but just keep coming up short over 80 minutes. Relegation and coming back up in a year or two might be better for them as an outfit long-term.

16 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Bit embarrassing for Fartown to need a last minute DG, but I suppose a lot of their players were going at half throttle ahead of next weekend.

TO are game but just keep coming up short over 80 minutes. Relegation and coming back up in a year or two might be better for them as an outfit long-term.

Nowt embarrasing there, we were the 2nd best team and didn't deserve to win, we only really stepped up in the last 20 minutes as we were in real danger of going into the cup final on the back of a loss, Toulouse were excellent tonight and deserved something out of it, playing like that will surely mean picking up points and wakey in dire trouble soon.

A positive for us was that we just don't accept defeat these days

A negative is a possible leg injury to Olly Russell, though with Will Pryce back available next week could be worse.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hello said:

Another close defeat for TO, almost as if the sporting gods want to hold RL expansion back 😗

I'm hoping Wakey keep imploding and TO pick up a couple more wins

Hopefully Ollie Russel will be okay for next week 

• Like 2

I thought it was a sign of Huddersfield's increased professionalism that they won. They played a strong side and maintained the integrity of the competiton. They also boosted their top 4 hopes. 

• Like 3

Not sure if it Watto or a combination of Hill and Cudjoe who spurred our lads home but Leroy especially was constanly shouting and coaching for the last 20 at least, even telling Jerry where to stand on a couple of occasions as if he doesn't know!, Chris was clapping and patting away everyone in the middle.

We could've accepted defeat and used next week as an excuse but we dug in in the end, previous sides would have lost that for sure.

As i said previously take nothing away from Toulouse who were superb, their backs have some real pace and were all very good.

Edited by daz39
  • Like 4

On 19/05/2022 at 23:08, meast said:

Could be a close game this, I suspect, subconsciously Huddersfield may have a slight eye on the final, Toulouse will have no such worries.

I like to think Watto has instilled a bit more professionalism into them and a bit more mental strength too 

And so it proved.

We were second best in a lot of that contest, Toulouse were superb, pinning us back with good defence, strong carries or the boot of Norman, we struggled to make much headway, they were quick off the line and in our faces, shutting down our playmakers.

But we found a way to win, again, we showed good desire and effort to get back into the game and also to find that will to win it.

Had Toulouse won, I wouldn't have begrudged them at all, whether we did have our minds on next week who knows? either way it was a flipping tough battle in awful conditions.

But a win is a win and it keeps us right up there and on with 4 wins on the bounce going into a cup final.

Play up Huddersfield!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Not sure if it Watto or a combination of Hill and Cudjoe who spurred our lads home but Leroy especially was constanly shouting and coaching for the last 20 at least, even telling Jerry where to stand on a couple of occasions as if he doesn't know!, Chris was clapping and patting away everyone in the middle.

We could've accepted defeat and used next week as an excuse but we dug in in the end, previous sides would have lost that for sure.

As i said previously take nothing away from Toulouse who were superb, their backs have some real pace and were all very good.

Compare that to last year when we had similar games where we had Sezer and Gaskell strolling around moping and sulking.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Really hard luck for Toulouse, i was there last week the general feeling is if they get relegated then it will be very difficult to come back up.

Its been a long haul and everyone is exhausted.

Licensing ?

Paul

Hi.  Why is that the general feeling? I would have thought with their crowds and investment, and looking at how they won the Championship easily last time they would be good favourites to go back up.  Are there factors I don't know about, or is it human nature pessimism?