Dragons spreading their wings

Their foot print growing by the day. Their womens’ team took place in the ‘9’s event held at Victoria Park in Warrington recently and they qualified for the next stage to take place at Salford next month.

Elsewhere the clubs Handi side (Wheel chair team) will also cross to England in July at the Hull Arena along with other Super Leagues sides. The Catalan side are well represented in the national side which will take place in the World Cup come November,

• Like 11

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Great stuff Audois. 

What do you think would happen if Bernard Gausch pulled out of the club, do you think there’s enough momentum there now to carry on as they are, or would they be in trouble? 

• Confused 2

Just now, Eddie said:

What’s confusing about my question there Oliver /Hela/ @Jughead?

Confused as to why you’re constantly negative or searching for a crumb of negativity. Catalans have at least four sides encompassing Super League, Elite 1, the womens game and the wheelchair game, as highlighted in this thread and rather than commenting on the threads topic, you’re straight in with the usual dose of negativity and doom-mongering.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nigel Fax said:

Eddie, Couldn't that same question be asked for most clubs? what would happen to Huddersfield if Ken Davy pulled out etc?

Absolutely. This thread is about Catalans though. 

17 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Confused as to why you’re constantly negative or searching for a crumb of negativity. Catalans have at least four sides encompassing Super League, Elite 1, the womens game and the wheelchair game, as highlighted in this thread and rather than commenting on the threads topic, you’re straight in with the usual dose of negativity and doom-mongering.

What are you babbling on about, it’s a valid question if the club are bankrolled by one person. I’m certainly not a doom merchant either, so stop making stuff up. 

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What are you babbling on about, it’s a valid question if the club are bankrolled by one person. I’m certainly not a doom merchant either, so stop making stuff up. 

It’s completely irrelevant to this thread and the same doom merchant stuff you spread across the forum and it’s tiresome but hey ho, that’s you. 

5 minutes ago, Jughead said:

It’s completely irrelevant to this thread and the same doom merchant stuff you spread across the forum and it’s tiresome but hey ho, that’s you. 

Give over lad, stop making stuff up. If you’re not interested in which clubs are self sustainable and which aren’t then just don’t comment. I am, which is why I asked the question. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Give over lad, stop making stuff up. If you’re not interested in which clubs are self sustainable and which aren’t then just don’t comment. I am, which is why I asked the question. 

I mean people just need to look a few posts up this thread or the one where you moaned about people talking about…Warrington Wolves. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I mean people just need to look a few posts up this thread or the one where you moaned about people talking about…Warrington Wolves. 

That was clearly a joke. In at least two of your previous incarnations on this forum you’ve seemed to have a strange obsession with me, putting confused emojis next to a lot of what I say, which nobody else does so I can only conclude that you are the problem. I’d prefer that it stopped tbh, just ignore what I write if you don’t like it. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Trying to get back in track...

Well done Catalans. Building an even bigger club every year. Are they still looking to complete their stadium rebuild? Think there's just that final stand to go to tie it all together.

I heard the local authorities are trying to get them to groundshare with USAP at the Rugby Union ground Aime Giral so that the soccer team can move into Gilbert Brutus. 

33 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

I heard the local authorities are trying to get them to groundshare with USAP at the Rugby Union ground Aime Giral so that the soccer team can move into Gilbert Brutus. 

its gone a bit quiet on that, what is the latest?

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Great stuff Audois. 

What do you think would happen if Bernard Gausch pulled out of the club, do you think there’s enough momentum there now to carry on as they are, or would they be in trouble? 

Eddie, if Audois chooses to answer your question, he is undoubtedly better placed to do so than me.

My thoughts - admittedly from, geographically, afar - are these.

The Guasch family business is in food.  People always need food, so a food business, subject to being competently run, is well placed to see out the problems of a recession.  So lack of cash may be less of a problem for the Guasch business than some others.

Bernard Guasch isn't just a rugby fan who fancies the local spotlight through handing out a bit of financial largesse; unlike (I think) most current SL chairmen, he played the game, as did his dad and as does his son.

He also created  the Catalans Dragons in their current form.  I am not sure any other SL chairman can claim that of their club.  Others, I think, are the current custodian of the chairman's position, but with predecessors; and let me stress, there is nothing wrong in that.

Unlike the families of probably all other SL chairmen, Bernard Guasch's had to flee their homeland and will be grateful to France for taking them in; but he remains proudly Catalan.

All that enthusiasm manifests itself on a specific web page on the company's website; I am not sure any other SL chairman's business does that (but, if I am wrong, I would be interested to know which one[s]).  Here is the link:

Guasch - Qualité & Tradition Catalane - Passion Rugby (guasch-viandes.com)

So, I conclude from all the above that Bernard Guasch is arguably the least likely SL chairman to walk away from their club.  If, sadly, ill health forced him to quit, I imagine his son would continue in similar vein.

All that said, I think that Les Dracs - arguably like TOXIII - have an impressively wide range of sponsors from both the public and private sectors; I count 17 on their website.  To quote the saying, their is strength in numbers.

I hope that provides a reasonably substantial response to your question.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Eddie, if Audois chooses to answer your question, he is undoubtedly better placed to do so than me.

The Guasch family business is in food.  People always need food, so a food business, subject to being competently run, is well placed to see out the problems of a recession.  So lack of cash may be less of a problem for the Guasch business than some others.

Bernard Guasch isn't just a rugby fan who fancies the local spotlight through handing out a bit of financial largesse; unlike (I think) most current SL chairmen, he played the game, as did his dad and as does his son.

He also created  the Catalans Dragons in their current form.  I am not sure any other SL chairman can claim that of their club.  Others, I think, are the current custodian of the chairman's position, but with predecessors; and let me stress, there is nothing wrong in that.

Unlike the families of probably all other SL chairmen, Bernard Guasch's had to flee their homeland and will be grateful to France for taking them in; but he remains proudly Catalan.

All that enthusiasm manifests itself on a specific web page on the company's website; I am not sure any other SL chairman's business does that (but, if I am wrong, I would be interested to know which one[s]).  Here is the link:

So, I conclude from all the above that Bernard Guasch is arguably the least likely SL chairman to walk away from their club.  If, sadly, ill health forced him to quit, I imagine his son would continue in similar vein.

All that said, I think that Les Dracs - arguably like TOXIII - have an impressively wide range of sponsors from both the public and private sectors; I count 17 on their website.  To quote the saying, their is strength in numbers.

Gausch is a legend!

Thanks to @Wiltshire Warrior Dragon for putting some meat on the moans!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Bernard is the figurehead for the local Catalan business community,if Bernard dropped dead tomorrow (God forbid no) the club would just carry on.

The Dragons are in an incredibly strong position sponsorship wise.

Bernard has the trust of the local business community etc to run the club.

Paul

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Dragons Handi winning Saturday against Montauban. Getting ready to take on the England sides in Hull next month.

Pics here tell it's own  story - they're growing and becoming a major feature of the Dragons story.

http://www.catalansdragons.com/photos-1034-1112-finale-handi-dragons/

Edited by audois
  • Like 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

On 18/05/2022 at 14:08, audois said:

Their foot print growing by the day. Their womens’ team took place in the ‘9’s event held at Victoria Park in Warrington recently and they qualified for the next stage to take place at Salford next month.

Elsewhere the clubs Handi side (Wheel chair team) will also cross to England in July at the Hull Arena along with other Super Leagues sides. The Catalan side are well represented in the national side which will take place in the World Cup come November,

It should surprise no one that the French lead the way in TGG but I think it does even so.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 18/05/2022 at 19:15, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Trying to get back in track...

Well done Catalans. Building an even bigger club every year. Are they still looking to complete their stadium rebuild? Think there's just that final stand to go to tie it all together.

They'd have to knock down the swimming pool to do that so I doubt it's ever likely?

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

They'd have to knock down the swimming pool to do that so I doubt it's ever likely?

That won't happen the pool is on a long term lease to GS EVENTS from Lyon who are also a shareholder in the club.

Any stadium rebuild will be on the opposite side.

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN