Who said Tom J isn’t injury prone?

There is all kinds of speculation surrounding this at the moment. If he has picked up another injury again , then it really makes you wonder if his body can take it much longer. On the otherhand there is plenty of speculation that other factors may be at play.  Whichever way its bad news for Trin

14 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

There is all kinds of speculation surrounding this at the moment. If he has picked up another injury again , then it really makes you wonder if his body can take it much longer. On the otherhand there is plenty of speculation that other factors may be at play.  Whichever way its bad news for Trin

Players are at the mercy of the training, rehab and conditioning available at their clubs. Some players with constant niggles will figure it out and stay on the field at other clubs and vice versa. Not saying this is 100% the case at Wakefield but it does happen in a lot of sports.

36 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Players are at the mercy of the training, rehab and conditioning available at their clubs. Some players with constant niggles will figure it out and stay on the field at other clubs and vice versa. Not saying this is 100% the case at Wakefield but it does happen in a lot of sports.

in the 70s teams used to seem to field the same 13 plus 1 sub week in week out - most of them prob didnt even know they had a hamstring to pull - over conditioning and toning the body to limits that are not natural is part of it all now unfortunately 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Didn't know Lolohea was appearing in brochures?

Advertising how good you can become once you leave the Rhinos.😇

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

if tom j was browsing through a tui brochure he would end up with sunstroke 

I was able to post saying this topic want really something worth bragging about, but then I read that and laughed to myself so guess I'm a bad person 🤣

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

if tom j was browsing through a tui brochure he would end up with sunstroke 

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

Didn't know Lolohea was appearing in brochures?

Yep it's called the challenge cup final programme 😉

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Are people taking pleasure in his injuries to point score over others?

Fans of club adore player. Player leaves. Fans of club bag player.

My favourite is that the next cab on the rank is a better player.

8 hours ago, LlanWests said:

I wonder if its to do with his running style? Maybe he strides out too much, maybe he needs to cut his stride length down and push behind him more, more like Papenhuyzen.  

I think he's suffering more from concussion issues these days.  Never been the same since Willie Isa had no case to answer. 

• Haha 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 minutes ago, Curly perm said:

Who’s saying that? 

Saw a few posts on twitter - Murphy is better etc. It is the same with every club it seems when they lose a player. 

Raiders fans slagging off Batemen is a good example saying Hudson Young was better.

5 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Saw a few posts on twitter - Murphy is better etc. It is the same with every club it seems when they lose a player. 

Raiders fans slagging off Batemen is a good example saying Hudson Young was better.

I think its fair to say right now Murphy isnt better, however the way he is developing i also think its fair to say he could soon be equally as good. 

2 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I think its fair to say right now Murphy isnt better, however the way he is developing i also think its fair to say he could soon be equally as good. 

He is a great prospect but some fans are so fickle when it comes to a player moving on - that's not just Wakefield. Johnstone has been loyal to Wakefield for a long time and probably has taken unders to stay at his hometown club for last few years. His stats and highlights reel are pretty amazing. 

I think Murphy will be looked at by a number of clubs here and in the NRL already. They need to upgrade his contract and pay him what he's worth as a priority if they want to retain him.

27 minutes ago, Scubby said:

. Johnstone has been loyal to Wakefield for a long time and probably has taken unders to stay at his hometown club for last few years. 

Think you are being a tad unfair there Scubby. Wakefield have xtuck by the lad through two extremly long injury lay off's . Both were serious and could have easily ended his career. It was a huge gamble to take as he may have not come back to being anything like the same player.

Some of the so called bigger clubs could habe been far more ruthless and quickly ditched him as a liability and moved on.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Are people taking pleasure in his injuries to point score over others?

I’m certainly not, even though I started the thread.  The reason I did start this thread was the stick I was getting on another thread when I suggested he was a risky signing, Wakefield fans piled in saying no he isn’t.  Sadly he is, I take no pleasure in saying that, good player when he’s fit - I wish him well.

• Like 1