Leigh away

town2018

3 hours ago, town2018 said:

I see that zac olstrum played for elbra yesterday looks like another local has returned to his community club 

It’s shameful if true. We talk about building for the future, sign these young lads then don’t play them. You can’t blame them for leaving. You could understand it if the players getting picked ahead of them were miles better but they’re not. 

• Like 3

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

It’s shameful if true. We talk about building for the future, sign these young lads then don’t play them. You can’t blame them for leaving. You could understand it if the players getting picked ahead of them were miles better but they’re not. 

Wonder if we have explored dual reg with SL teams but for our players to play on their reserve sides? 

I think we need to get a reserve side set up, I know money is a barrier but why not partner with haven? Fringe players or those returning from injury get a game against decent opposition, Cumbria storm produced some excellent players

• Like 1

See no Mal Steele in the 21 or 19  is he injured.

Some new combinations in the starting 13, Oscar at standoff as some have suggested.

Good to see Jamie being rested to come back for the London game.

Good to see Bickersdyke back.

Hope the experimentation works and we can put in a spirited performance without a cricket score.

Anyone else getting  broken commentary on this game. I’ve just knocked it off 

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Thanks Andrew didn’t know if it was just mine. 

• Like 1

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

This team are huge right across the pitch. Don’t think they need the help of 6 again or a penalty every set 😩. Young Walker giving it his all probably tackling double his weight every time. Ferguson unstoppable.  The commentator is shocking , slating Town all the time. He must have been expecting something different to us today. 

• Like 1