Leigh away

town2018

19 minutes ago, Town Army said:

London might be thinking the same about us 

They'll be stupid if they don't but I said 'i' and I stick by that, we don't get beat.

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Good effort lads, thought the score flattered Leigh and we could have had a few others. Daft that there is such a huge disparity between the top and bottom in this league.

Even allowing for the 10 missed conversions as well. 🤠

• Haha 1

Skill of the game is to score near the posts and turn 4 into 6,

Sorry for all your foreigners and money you weren't up to it,

Look forward to seeing you at our place, when we have points on the board and our kicker might make all the difference.

My annual 800 mile round trip visit from the Highlands so looking for a miracle.

11 hours ago, clogdance said:

Even allowing for the 10 missed conversions as well. 🤠

Maybe you should sign another overseas player who can take conversions, might as well get the full 13 on the pitch.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Maybe you should sign another overseas player who can take conversions, might as well get the full 13 on the pitch.

Inu is from overseas and normally kicks em from all over the park , lucky for you he had an off day 😝

just shows though, even in the amateur stronghold of the Wigan/Leigh area they are still having to bring in overseas players as there isn't enough quality in the local game to sustain Wigan, Leigh, Swinton, Rochdale and Oldham.

Not sure how we would do it, but I reckon the only option for us is to try and identify players from down under who could use Town to showcase their skills with a longer term view of getting a contract in Superleague.

We had some absolute belters in the past who went on to player Superleague, so I can't fathom out why we can no longer afford overseas players when other clubs with smaller budgets seem to be able to bring players over every season.

I wonder if the RFL have ever undertaken a study into the number of players produced locally to support their local pro club?

1 hour ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

just shows though, even in the amateur stronghold of the Wigan/Leigh area they are still having to bring in overseas players as there isn't enough quality in the local game to sustain Wigan, Leigh, Swinton, Rochdale and Oldham.

Not sure how we would do it, but I reckon the only option for us is to try and identify players from down under who could use Town to showcase their skills with a longer term view of getting a contract in Superleague.

We had some absolute belters in the past who went on to player Superleague, so I can't fathom out why we can no longer afford overseas players when other clubs with smaller budgets seem to be able to bring players over every season.

I wonder if the RFL have ever undertaken a study into the number of players produced locally to support their local pro club?

Great idea in theory  but I believe it's quite costly to fly them over and provide accommodation etc.