😞 MATCH REVIEW PANEL | Connor Jones has received a two match ban for a dangerous throw.

The ban will take effect from next week. 

#UTR | #BlueWall

Im Fev and im proud

8 minutes ago, Maureen T-k said:

😞 MATCH REVIEW PANEL | Connor Jones has received a two match ban for a dangerous throw.

The ban will take effect from next week. 

#UTR | #BlueWall

That's actually a relief. Many have received much longer for tip tackles whether intentional or not.

Typical disciplinary, I saw it ---- Yes it deserved 10 minutes but it was far from dangerous, |I am a Fev supporter but I also believe in fair play and this was NOT a ban offence.

2 minutes ago, haskey said:

Typical disciplinary, I saw it ---- Yes it deserved 10 minutes but it was far from dangerous, |I am a Fev supporter but I also believe in fair play and this was NOT a ban offence.

Agreed but we move on, feel sorry for Connor though

The bigger implication is that we will be without our 2 first choice hookers for the next couple of weeks. Matty Wildie is looking at a few weeks, at the very least if his rib(s) is/are broken. 

I suppose with Jonny Ford coming to contention now, one of the HBs like Morgan Smith could carry out the role, Jack Bussey has also played there in the past but his role is very different now. 

Am I missing someone obvious? 

No one obvious and if Smith gets injured it would be a problem.Only players suited to 9 Bussey or maybe Davies but you would not want to move them from their present positions where they play consistently well.I think you could roll the dice and play Hepi at 9.He is very mobile and quite nippy in the middle with a decent pair of hands.

37 minutes ago, Andrew Vause said:

Simple solution we just bring back Tom H

44 minutes ago, Andrew Vause said:

The bigger implication is that we will be without our 2 first choice hookers for the next couple of weeks. Matty Wildie is looking at a few weeks, at the very least if his rib(s) is/are broken. 

I suppose with Jonny Ford coming to contention now, one of the HBs like Morgan Smith could carry out the role, Jack Bussey has also played there in the past but his role is very different now. 

Somebody put in a different thread that Wildie hadn't broken anything and might be available for White Hart Lane. He's in the squad this weekend, though that doesn't tend to mean much with 21 names needed.

It might make Mac's life easier in the short term in that he doesn't have to outright drop Smith to bring in Ford, he can keep him in the team at hooker. Smith came on as a replacement hooker at Batley and has played the position a fair bit in the past. He's the likeliest to switch you'd think.

Bussey would certainly solidify the defence if he played hooker against Leigh's big pack and he has played big minutes at 9 before. Whether Mac would want to switch him is debatable but we have plenty of options at back row if he did want to switch Bussey to hooker and imo he'd be a better choice than Davies, who looks a square peg in a round hole at 9 and is far more effective at other positions.

One thing about Ford...he's played almost exclusively on the left side for Toulouse as far as I can remember, certainly in recent years. Jacks seems firmly established for us in that position so if it's Smith to give way Ford might need to get used to playing on the right hand side.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 1

Either Wildie must be ok or Tom Holmes can't be recalled from Sheffield, otherwise it doesn,t make sense? To go into the 1895 final with just Smith for no.9 and relying on Ford to hit the ground running would be a massive gamble.