Joey Leilua

Tubby

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

their all important to any ambitious team and its fans😀

That's true G but in reality some are more important than others

• Like 1

3 hours ago, POR said:

Yup. Losing the NRC final to Halifax ten years ago hissed me off for a few days but it quickly wore off.

I'm still struggling with losing the fire interrupted grand final in 2010. I'd still be in therapy if promotion was decided on it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, POR said:

We have a very shrewd coach and I am sure he will take everything into consideration in his team selection.

Briscoe is one of our best players gives his all however rovers problem lays at the door of his team mates who hardly ever give him any cover or support when left alone to deal with the high bombs.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, eltel said:

Briscoe is one of our best players gives his all however rovers problem lays at the door of his team mates who hardly ever give him any cover or support when left alone to deal with the high bombs.

Spot on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eltel said:

He made numerous errors yesterday. But I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this.

Went straight down the tunnel, did not even clap the support. Very poor. Think we should cut out losses and get shut.

14 minutes ago, haskey said:

Went straight down the tunnel, did not even clap the support. Very poor. Think we should cut out losses and get shut.

We can't while Harcastle is out injured and i suppose we would have to pay his contact money.Mac does need to get more out of him though.at present he does not look good value for money.

• Like 1

I don't criticise players for having a bad game when they've done their best but when they are not giving 100% theres no excuse. Leilua shows now and again what he can do but its nowhere near enough. Ive said on another thread that Gale and Hardcastle should \ would keep him out of the team but I would even bring in Pickers / Doyle (killer to centre ?) and reshuffle the backs even without them. As far as his defence goes he turns like the Queen Mary and where have those big hits gone  ?

Overweight overpaid overrated.  

If any fickle smug Leigh fans are here to gloat i would put Macdonald in the same category though

25 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

I don't criticise players for having a bad game when they've done their best but when they are not giving 100% theres no excuse. Leilua shows now and again what he can do but its nowhere near enough. Ive said on another thread that Gale and Hardcastle should \ would keep him out of the team but I would even bring in Pickers / Doyle (killer to centre ?) and reshuffle the backs even without them. As far as his defence goes he turns like the Queen Mary and where have those big hits gone  ?

Overweight overpaid overrated.  

If any fickle smug Leigh fans are here to gloat i would put Macdonald in the same category though

A lad i played with had never picked a rugby ball up as he went to a school that played football.Only open age Conference level.He asked if he could come training with us Tuesday and Thursday nights and we said ok.We were short one week so gave him a go.He couldn't pass and we had to give him a soft pass as his handling ability was limited.But after a couple of games the coach couldn't drop him.He tackled his heart out and would take the ball in time after time.Most of all if someone made a good tackle he would pat them on the back and say well done,for team spirit he was invaluable.I have played with and against County and the odd international player but the one i remember most of all is PERCY.50 years since i packed up but he is the one i remember most.

• Like 1