Doncaster City

Anita Bath

14 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t think they like it.

I am guessing the issue is that the agreement and rent costs for Hornets to use Spotland were negotiated by former Chairman Chris Dunphy who was very pro Hornets. The present football Chairman is less supportive and probably wants the terms of the agreement altered, to be quite honest I think the time has come to consult with Mayfield and look at a plan to develop their ground, I am sure there would be government grants available to do just that, the football club clearly dont want Hornets at Spotland, despite the not inconsiderable amount of money they get from bar takings on Hornets match days. You would think Rochdale Football club would be grateful for any extra revenue no matter how small. Clearly not the case, which is of course their prerogative.

Edited by Athleticgrounds
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Athleticgrounds said:

I am guessing the issue is that the agreement and rent costs for Hornets to use Spotland were negotiated by former Chairman Chris Dunphy who was very pro Hornets. The present football Chairman is less supportive and probably wants the terms of the agreement altered, to be quite honest I think the time has come to consult with Mayfield and look at a plan to develop their ground, I am sure there would be government grants available to do just that, the football club clearly dont want Hornets at Spotland, despite the not inconsiderable amount of money they get from bar takings on Hornets match days. You would think Rochdale Football club would be grateful for any extra revenue no matter how small. Clearly not the case, which is of course their prerogative.

They’ve picked the perfect time to alienate the rugby following section of the towns sporting fans. “ How to win friends and influence people “ Not. As you say relations between the two clubs were on the up until recently. The only thing that has changed as far as I can see is the football club now have a new board. I’m not familiar with their board. Are any of them local people ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ornit4ever said:

Sadly it would appear that this is affecting our attendances as we can no longer sit in our preferred seats.

That, of course, does not help Hornets but in some ways it’s not good for the Dale.

I don’t expect this excellent board of ours that we have to air the dirty linen in public and I’m sure all will be revealed in due course.

It’s very frustrating for the fans in the meanwhile.

Its not good for anyone in reality.

What is clear the situation is significantly impacting Hornets (effectively a community partner & customer), and not just in terms of bums on seats. This would appear to be a very clear contradiction of what RAFC are trying to sell themselves as, a community centric organisation.

Maybe the pressures associated with a lack of a benefactor or investors, coupled with their ongoing decline on the pitch and also well documented legal wranglings (which could be costly in more ways than one) has made them pretty desperate. Hornets may have been seen as an easy target........

Edited by The Hornet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They’ve picked the perfect time to alienate the rugby following section of the towns sporting fans. “ How to win friends and influence people “ Not. As you say relations between the two clubs were on the up until recently. The only thing that has changed as far as I can see is the football club now have a new board. I’m not familiar with their board. Are any of them local people ?

More local than the Hornets board.  It really doesnt add up, a football club in need of funds trying to get rid of a tenant that allegedly is a source of substantial revenue.

With folks on hear now speculating ( someeven “guessing”) about the explanation it is time some facts were made public.

20 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

More local than the Hornets board.  It really doesnt add up, a football club in need of funds trying to get rid of a tenant that allegedly is a source of substantial revenue.

With folks on hear now speculating ( someeven “guessing”) about the explanation it is time some facts were made public.

What is your issue with the Hornets board? 

Be clear, are you suggesting these guys who let’s not forget our CEO and board at the time approached to take us on, not the other way round should walk away?

Let’s also not forget the state the club was in at that time, and also the fact their take over bid was unanimously voted for without a single vote against. 

You need to give your head a wobble with some of the constant snipes you aim at good Rugby League people who for no other reason than a love for the sport, put valuable time and money into it, and have stabilised us and furthermore despite covid (unforeseen) and major central funding cuts have backed the coach and put a competitive team on the park, with players and household names that Rochdale could previously only have ever dreamed of.

Final question for you, when the club was failing badly in 2019 as a society and reached out to potential owners / investors, how many Rochdale based potentials stepped forward with concrete proposals to take it on??? 

Edited by The Hornet

I don’t know just as I don’t know the answers to the other questions posed on here but never answered

there must be a reason crowds have dropped by 2/3rds despite a vast improvement in the team performance.

I don’t have the answer…do you?

20 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

I don’t know just as I don’t know the answers to the other questions posed on here but never answered

there must be a reason crowds have dropped by 2/3rds despite a vast improvement in the team performance.

I don’t have the answer…do you?

So once again despite making derogatory comments about the clubs board you fail to back them up.

In terms of the crowds I don’t have the answers as I’m a supporter not a board member, however it’s pretty clear the situation is most definitely hurting us. I do also know it’s a fact that last years attendances got inflated by promotions, free tickets and give aways etc, such as the community counts digital ticketing initiative for all community clubs in the area which generated gates of 1400 and 1200 for some games which ordinarily would be in the low 100’s and padded out most other gates also.

Due to the present situation all promotions and growth opportunities disappointingly are being lost and having to be shelved I’m told which is sadly more evidence if it was needed that we are being hampered by restrictions. 

If we are being honest what we are seeing is the reality if we didn’t already know of just how poor the match going supporter numbers are. This is nothing new or indeed a reflection on the current team as at a fans forum i remember it was stated the average in Championship in 2019 was less than 900. With this in mind 4/500 in L1 would make sense without promotions and freebies etc? 

It is disappointing considering the team is challenging at the top of the table, and there is so much positivity and great work going on by all at the club and particularly around the ladies, wheelchair, academy and community engagement in general which is second to none in my opinion. 

Edited by The Hornet

2 minutes ago, The Hornet said:

So once again despite making derogatory comments about the clubs board you fail to back them up.

In terms of the crowds I don’t have the answers as I’m a supporter / volunteer and not privy to what’s going on but what I do know for a fact is last years attendances got heavily inflated by promotions, free tickets and give aways etc such as the community counts initiative the club ran which generated gates of 1400 and 1200 for some games which ordinarily would be in the low 100’s.

What sadly we are seeing is a reality of just how poor the current fan numbers are, this is nothing new as at a fans forum i remember attending it was stated the average in Championship 2019 was less than 900.

It is disappointing considering the team is challenging at the top of the table, winning games and so much positivity and great work going on around it’s ladies, wheelchair, academy and community engagement which is second to none. 

Great Buzz going on at Hornets at Hornets (SORRY) with some brilliant efforts from supporters / volunteers. complementing the board efforts. Commented on by the Chairman this week.  Rochdale Hornets need people like you HORNET. Others who shall remain nameless 😂 are clearly not enjoying the ride. although I would imagine they have not paid any fare !

23h  · 

Doing some fantastic work these guys and pound for pound the best supporters in the game 🐝
All Hornets is a must join for anyone with any degree of interest in Rochdale Hornets or indeed the sport of #RugbyLeague in #Rochdale generally 🐝🏉🤝
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Joe 90 said:

Great Buzz going on at Hornets at Hornets (SORRY) with some brilliant efforts from supporters / volunteers. complementing the board efforts. Commented on by the Chairman this week.  Rochdale Hornets need people like you HORNET. Others who shall remain nameless 😂 are clearly not enjoying the ride. although I would imagine they have not paid any fare !

23h  · 

Doing some fantastic work these guys and pound for pound the best supporters in the game 🐝
All Hornets is a must join for anyone with any degree of interest in Rochdale Hornets or indeed the sport of #RugbyLeague in #Rochdale generally 🐝🏉🤝

All brave behind keyboards.

They all have the option of asking Andy, Ste Kerr or the other directors face to face at games directly but probably don’t go. 

We may not be big in numbers but 99.9% of supporters appreciate what’s going on and are fully behind the club. As you say there is a real in it together approach and some great work going on by all connected. 

I’m not rich but will keep buying my season ticket, merchandise and paying into all hornets and squad builder and doing my bit while enjoying the ride fully appreciating what might have been had these guys not come in 👍

Edited by The Hornet
  • Like 1

Whats to say those questions have not  been asked at games? All we know is they havent been answered.

I expect Paul Omerod would have been prepared to answer them but he resigned from his director role in March. The club website still has him listed as being on the board under the title of president. 

Also a bit odd that you imply someone would need to be ‘brave’ to ask the questions at a game. Should we fear the consequences of asking members of the board simple questions about the running of the club? How about the distribution of shares? Though I expect that can be answered through other sources.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Whats to say those questions have not  been asked at games? All we know is they havent been answered.

I expect Paul Omerod would have been prepared to answer them but he resigned from his director role in March. The club website still has him listed as being on the board under the title of president. 

Also a bit odd that you imply someone would need to be ‘brave’ to ask the questions at a game. Should we fear the consequences of asking members of the board simple questions about the running of the club? How about the distribution of shares? Though I expect that can be answered through other sources.

Still no response as to what exactly your agenda against the Hornets board is all about then….

You wont get answers asking questions on Internet forums hiding behind a username. Why not try a platform such as Twitter which the club actually uses and post under your real name / identity so that the Chairman / board members / staff can respond to you accordingly and put to bed any silly mischief making or BS for you if needed.   

While you fail to answer direct questions I will keep responding as best I can for you with facts if it helps.

According to companies house distribution of shares is as per the original proposal that the consortium put forward ahead of the take over. The ownership detail has also been confirmed in official club comm’s since (see statement provided below incase you overlooked it) but you would already know that if you was a member of the old society and voted or indeed your a big fan and follow the clubs official website and / or social media accounts…..

In respect of Paul Ormerod refer to the statement made on the 3rd of April which clarifies his reasons for stepping out of board duties. He remains fully committed as a part owner on an equal basis to the other guys and is fully behind the club and vision 👍🐝

ROCHDALE HORNETS PROVIDE POSITIVE FINANCIAL UPDATE

2638.jpg

Rochdale Hornets recently posted its latest financial results which cover an extended period between the 15th of June 2020 and the 30th of November 2021 – the date of conversion on Companies House – to the accounting period at the end of the 2021 season.

Rochdale Hornets Rugby League Football Club Limited (PLC) is owned by shareholders Andy Mazey, Anthony Sheridan, Pete Smith, Paul Ormerod, and Richard Heyes. Members agreed to convert the Rochdale Hornets Rugby League Football Club Society Limited (IPS) to the new entity in December 2019 with Incorporation taking place on the 15th June 2020. 

The accounts largely cover the period of trading through the pandemic, which had an adverse effect on turnover for the 18-month period. However, through prudent financial planning we are pleased to report a pre-tax operational profit of £33,488 and a pre-tax profit of £177,180, the difference derived from a director loan of £143,692 which is now fully written off. Whilst this is positive news, we are cautious that it does not represent a normal season of trading and given the changing landscape of rugby league we must continue to be prudent in our planning. The board would like to take this opportunity to thank all fans, sponsors, and partners for their generosity and support whilst navigating the 2020-21 season.  

As many may know, life-long Hornets fan Paul Ormerod is Chairman of the Rochdale Development Agency. Given the pressures on time from being Chairman of RDA, he feels the need to reduce his day-to-day responsibilities to Hornets and has stepped down from the board. Paul said: “Over the past year or so the RDA has obtained considerably more government grants than both Oldham and Bury combined, nearly £200 million, and there are further major developments in the pipeline. The club is in safe, well-managed, hands and regrettably I just don’t have the time to give Hornets my proper attention” 

Paul remains club President and is honoured to support Hornets in this role. The club’s accounts, made available online by Companies House, confirm that Paul has now written off his outstanding loan to the club.  He announced this intention a couple of years ago, having already written off a sizable loan in 2019.  Following financial advice received by the club, the opportunity arose for Paul to write off the outstanding amount.  Paul himself said: “No significance should be attached to this. It is purely and simply a tidying-up exercise to fulfil the promise I made”. 

Andy Mazey, Chairman of Rochdale Hornets, commented: "We opted to extend our accounting year to coincide with the playing season, making it easier to report our financial position to the RFL as part of the Return on Investment regulations. The accounts show a pre-tax profit which is a continuation of prudent financial planning. We are ready for the opportunities and challenges that we will face in the coming years, due to changes in the way the sport is funded. It is therefore vital we continue to grow our crowds, commercial revenue’s and our community engagement as we continue to  build for the future.

“On behalf of the board I would like to extend my gratitude and thanks to Paul for all his hard work and I look forward to continuing to work with Paul as Hornets President. Fans should join me in thanking Paul for the financial support and security he has provided the club over many years.”

“From a football perspective, Matt and our backroom staff and players have had a very good pre-season and we are confident that a successful season is upon us. Our ambition is to return to the Championship and as a board we will continue to support all areas of the business and on-field preparations, without compromising our strong financial position. The changes in rugby league are well documented and now is the time for fans to really get behind the club and help increase crowds. TOGETHER we will succeed.”

Edited by The Hornet
  • Like 1

Why would anyone ask questions in person when the answers are off the record, and can be refuted at any time.

Answers are needed  to questions that are part of the public record. Its called accountability….like you have at an AGM when there are shareholders beyond the board of directors. You dont get accountability through the bottom of a beer glass.

Sadly at Hornets it appears a club was ‘bought’ for 100 quids worth of shares spread equally across five directors with no opportunity for existing fans to buy shares. 20 quid per director - thats less than an annual membership to the supporters association.

The AGMs will be fun….held in a phone box?  Any questions from the floor?  There is no ‘floor’.

22 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

Why would anyone ask questions in person when the answers are off the record, and can be refuted at any time.

Answers are needed  to questions that are part of the public record. Its called accountability….like you have at an AGM when there are shareholders beyond the board of directors. You dont get accountability through the bottom of a beer glass.

Sadly at Hornets it appears a club was ‘bought’ for 100 quids worth of shares spread equally across five directors with no opportunity for existing fans to buy shares. 20 quid per director - thats less than an annual membership to the supporters association.

The AGMs will be fun….held in a phone box?  Any questions from the floor?  There is no ‘floor’.

Still ducking my question…..

Your either not the sharpest or mischief making so I will again spell it out to you with facts as best I can. 

The consortium agreed to take on the club (we approached them) and that comes with all its legal and financial liabilities and a huge commitment which the fan owned model could no longer meet. The club was effectively worth nothing but the consortium not only agreed to take it on and give it a future but committed to funding a competitive team on the field and developing it off field which it’s clear they are doing. 

As it was a company conversation it needed a limited company to convert the society into. Standard set up of limited company is generally 100 shares and usually valued at £1 per share. As there are five investors / owners on equal basis they clearly decided to divide the share capital pro rata (20% x 5). 

The club has no property or assets so is effectively worthless. Anyone who puts their hard earned and valuable time into a rugby league club for no gain (and be clear having known directors and chairmen of the past there is no gain and they are a cash cow) deserves respect in my opinion. 

Had you bothered attending the fan engagement sessions at the time or voted you would know the answers to all the questions your now asking.

For accuracy the facts as reported at the time…..

Rugby league: Hornets’ supporters unanimously back ownership change

10 December 2019

Members of Rochdale Hornets have voted to transfer ownership of the club to a consortium led by Andy Mazey.

A total of 136 members - 69% of the total membership - all voted to back the move, with no opposition.

It is the first step towards the group taking control of Hornets, with a further vote now required to verify the move on 23 December as part of the supporter-owned regulations that the club currently operates under.

Mazey – who will take a 20% stake alongside fellow directors and owners Tony Sheridan, Richard Heyes, Peter Smith and current club president Paul Ormerod – has hosted a series of fan engagement sessions to outline their vision for Hornets.

Each have been positively received, with the club now hopeful of formally completing the change of ownership early January.

1 hour ago, Anita Bath said:

Ducking questions……thats a laugh. In fact its 920 laughs.

I’ve endeavoured to answer everything you have asked here from facts and information already in the public domain which 99% of Hornets fans would already know.

No answer from you again yet again to the question I’ve repeatedly asked?

I will try again……..what is your problem/ issue with the Hornets board / Chairman?

Your either a Dale message board warrior or someone with an issue / agenda trying to destabilise a club you claim to support……which is it? 

Edited by The Hornet
  • Like 1

I’ll try again….spelling it out this time

C …is for Capacity limitation…please explain 

R …is forReduced  attendances

A… is for All shares being held by 5 directors

P … is for Playing home games on Saturday

I could go on, but its a start.

10 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Another pathetic and child like response. 

Still haven’t answered the question…..

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Give it up You are embarrassing youself now !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Dale supporters are obssed with Rochdale Hornets attendance levels. They should be more worried about their own club. Average attendance last season 2,900 or so. They are on a very steep downward path. Even Oldham who went out of the league managed to average 4,900 or so. 

As a cost saving exercise they could use just the main stand. That would hold 2,900 at a pinch. Just think of the savings they would make. Oh but hang on unlike rugby you could not trust opposing  spectators to sit together enjoying the match with a pint in their hand. Back to the drawing board.

• Like 2

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Maybe we should move this conversation over to the football site.......

Absolutely - many claim to know the future too!  

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/282874/hornets-on-sunday/#631    26 pages!

Sadly, our Doncaster thread has muddied the importance of our win, especially with yesterday's stunning 40+ win by Keighley at NW Crusaders.    

3 hours ago, Big Doug said:

The Dale supporters are obssed with Rochdale Hornets attendance levels. They should be more worried about their own club. Average attendance last season 2,900 or so. They are on a very steep downward path. Even Oldham who went out of the league managed to average 4,900 or so. 

As a cost saving exercise they could use just the main stand. That would hold 2,900 at a pinch. Just think of the savings they would make. Oh but hang on unlike rugby you could not trust opposing  spectators to sit together enjoying the match with a pint in their hand. Back to the drawing board.

If only they knew what the future holds, they would implode.