Cup Final Tickets

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Can they legally do that once the transaction has been made?

If it was a product in a shop marked up wrongly then on seeing the mistake they don't have to sell it to you, but if they have done so you wouldn't expect them to come running after you and taking the product back and giving you what you paid.

I'd guess there's a catch all clause in ticket master's ts&cs that covers something like this.

That said, the lad that told me about it hasn't had his cancelled yet.

9 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

I'd guess there's a catch all clause in ticket master's ts&cs that covers something like this.

I suppose he might only find out when he tries using them at the turnstiles

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I suppose he might only find out when he tries using them at the turnstiles

Alternatively, if he is not entitled to them because he now realises he does not meet the criteria, he could return them. After all, rugby league fans occupy the moral high ground of sport, unlike those immoral rugby union types.

23 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

I trust you are appealing to him to return them.

21 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Set you ticket prices ( adult and junior/concession ) and that's it , if you want to invite anybody ' special ' , then do it differently than ' promo codes ' , you're just asking for trouble 

"you're just asking for trouble "

Not with the solid working-class horny-handed sons-of-toil salt-of-the-earth rugby league fans with high moral standards, surely.

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I trust you are appealing to him to return them.

Why would people return them if they can be used after being bought in good faith?

The people selling the tickets messed up not the people buying them, they were on sale so people bought them.

Unless they get cancelled i doubt anyone will 'give them back'.

Just now, JohnM said:

Because we are better than that, might be a good reason. Unless of course, we are not.

We? 

are we rich people who can and are willing to pay the prices rather than for nothing - or are we mainly working class lower wage people who would love to go and enjoy themselves but can't afford and took advantage of a fantastic offer to get tickets for an event they otherwise wouldn't have?

Shall we also say for their 'punishment' they should return them and be forced to buy £70 instead?

I'd rather have an extra 500 people who have got a free ticket at the cup final enjoying themselves than 500 sat at home miserable cos they can't afford to go!!

2 minutes ago, daz39 said:

We? 

are we rich people who can and are willing to pay the prices rather than for nothing - or are we mainly working class lower wage people who would love to go and enjoy themselves but can't afford and took advantage of a fantastic offer to get tickets for an event they otherwise wouldn't have?

Shall we also say for their 'punishment' they should return them and be forced to buy £70 instead?

I'd rather have an extra 500 people who have got a free ticket at the cup final enjoying themselves than 500 sat at home miserable cos they can't afford to go!!

If they can't afford the ticket then how on earth are they going to afford the travel costs to get there?

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

21 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Why would people return them if they can be used after being bought in good faith?

The people selling the tickets messed up not the people buying them, they were on sale so people bought them.

Unless they get cancelled i doubt anyone will 'give them back'.

I'm not sure I'd describe them as being purchased in good faith. If I get a code shared by a random online and access free tickets, I know that is not normal. 

People were taking advantage of somethibg they knew wasn't for them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I'm not sure I'd describe them as being purchased in good faith. If I get a code shared by a random online and access free tickets, I know that is not normal. 

In fairness, it took a little while for people to know it wasn’t for them. It wasn’t particularly clear but certainly not normal and too good to be true. 

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

How many tickets do you reckon we are talking about here. If it is a couple of hundred they are just going to let it fly. Not worth the cost to chase.

Edited by Scubby

20 minutes ago, Jughead said:

In fairness, it took a little while for people to know it wasn’t for them. It wasn’t particularly clear but certainly not normal and too good to be true. 

£55 tickets for free is defo too good to be true and everyone knew they hadn't got it from the RFL - they got it from a Twitter account or similar.... 

22 minutes ago, Scubby said:

How many tickets do you reckon we are talking about here. If it is a couple of hundred they are just going to let it fly. Not worth the cost to chase.

Yes, if this was at our place, I suggest we would have taken it on the chin, made a light hearted post about the fans getting an amazing deal and hope they enjoyed it! 

But I can see why they took an alternate approach as the amount of anger this generated was a challenge. For them to come up with a response quickly on a Sunday morning showed the level of stick they were getting. 

46 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

If they can't afford the ticket then how on earth are they going to afford the travel costs to get there?

Maybe without the cost of tickets added on travel maybe now affordable for them or they could get a lift or something, not having to pay for tickets would be a great help to them I guess. 

2 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Maybe without the cost of tickets added on travel maybe now affordable for them or they could get a lift or something, not having to pay for tickets would be a great help to them I guess. 

I would suggest it would be nothing more than a boost to the beer kitty.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Unless people were told they weren't eligible at the time then yes they were, the code was valid for them so they used them. 

How many people were going mad when it 1st came out cos they'd paid? loads, because as far as they knew it was a valid code as it worked for people, the RFL have history of peeing off full paying punters with deals so it's hardly surprising folk just presumed this was another due to low sales. 

3 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Unless people were told they weren't eligible at the time then yes they were, the code was valid for them so they used them. 

How many people were going mad when it 1st came out cos they'd paid? loads, because as far as they knew it was a valid code as it worked for people, the RFL have history of peeing off full paying punters with deals so it's hardly surprising folk just presumed this was another due to low sales. 

Hey, I'm all for people taking advantage of a situation, and I wouldn't be cancelling tickets, but, come on, pull the other one! 😆

Let's be honest there aren't going to be hundreds of soldiers and doctors angry cos someone from Batley has got a ticket for free for an event they were probably never going to go to anyway is there? 

The RFL need to take one on the chin here, they made a mistake, an error, some people benefited from it, let them have a day out at the cup final and make sure the slack gets don't make the same mistake again. 

10 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I would suggest it would be nothing more than a boost to the beer kitty.

Possibly but if they're in the stadium filling seats that wouldn't have been filled otherwise fair play to them. 

3 minutes ago, daz39 said:

And The RFL have probably done that again today, with a discount code that heavily reduces the cost of a ticket for the England v Combined Nations game next month. How they think that is the right way to treat the existing customer base, how it’s a good tactic to grow a new customer base and how to grow the brand of England RL, is beyond belief, really. 

We’ve got into that habit of heavily reducing tickets late in the day so we’re now stuck with a portion of the existing fanbase waiting for those discounts, I know plenty waiting for such discounts for the World Cup games at the end of this year and I can’t really blame them. That said, that cycle needs breaking and discounted tickets offered well in advance of the event rather than last minute fire sales in attempts at getting slightly more credible attendances at games. 

1 minute ago, daz39 said:

Let's be honest there aren't going to be hundreds of soldiers and doctors angry cos someone from Batley has got a ticket for free for an event they were probably never going to go to anyway is there? 

The RFL need to take one on the chin here, they made a mistake, an error, some people benefited from it, let them have a day out at the cup final and make sure the slack gets don't make the same mistake again. 

I think it’s those that stumped out £55+, either long ago or in recent weeks once the finalists become clear, in good faith that will be the annoyed people not other people getting free tickets. 

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Hey, I'm all for people taking advantage of a situation, and I wouldn't be cancelling tickets, but, come on, pull the other one! 😆

why? if you see online there's a deal for free tickets and it worked why would you even think to stop and question if it's meant for you? 

generally if your not eligible for a code it won't let you use it, as I say the sellers have made a mistake not the buyers. 

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

And The RFL have probably done that again today, with a discount code that heavily reduces the cost of a ticket for the England v Combined Nations game next month. How they think that is the right way to treat the existing customer base, how it’s a good tactic to grow a new customer base and how to grow the brand of England RL, is beyond belief, really. 

We’ve got into that habit of heavily reducing tickets late in the day so we’re now stuck with a portion of the existing fanbase waiting for those discounts, I know plenty waiting for such discounts for the World Cup games at the end of this year and I can’t really blame them. That said, that cycle needs breaking and discounted tickets offered well in advance of the event rather than last minute fire sales in attempts at getting slightly more credible attendances at games. 

And how many will now be cautious of using them if they can't be certain it's 'for them'?