Cup Final Tickets

7 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

You don’t have single step codes like that unless you’re happy for them to be shared outside of the initial group.

In previous years, they would have been single use codes that would have been sent directly to those being targeted, but post-GDPR you can't send them directly and as such without corresponding email addresses you can't generate the single use codes.

1 minute ago, RigbyLuger said:

What if the Ts&Cs were available where the code was originated from, and not a secondary site. Tough luck.

They will have been on there. I'd always be reluctant to use a code I don't know where it came from for this reason, but I think a pop up of some sort should have been possible. 

• Like 1

The incompetence on show from The RFL here is comical yet, sadly, predictable and sums up both the organisation itself and the sport at present. The RFL and those in any sort of position there shouldn’t be allowed to run a junior league let alone a massive share of the sport and RL fans are all too familiar with incompetence and discount codes for major events. 

The fallout from this will rumble on, I feel. 

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

In previous years, they would have been single use codes that would have been sent directly to those being targeted, but post-GDPR you can't send them directly and as such without corresponding email addresses you can't generate the single use codes.

I thought GDPR had rolled over? I'm not directly involved in its use right now so will admit to being a bit behind.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Its a funny one this. I'd have thought employment specific offers should only be either purchased using a specific employer email account domain or at some sort of simple verification from an employer domain when purchased from a personal RFL ticket account. Its not exactly rocket science.

This all came from someone posting it on hotukdeals website, it was never meant to be released to the public and was sent to those eligible with information, that info then wasn't shown in that website, or the social media clowns who are now jumping all over it.

But yeah, it's the RFLs fault eh....

• Like 2

The RFL ticketing website now including specific categories called “NHS worker” and “Military Staff”, after a terrible statement followed by another before the afternoon is out, where it could be seen that they’re implying rugby league fans aren’t welcoming to NHS workers or military staff, and hoping people don’t realise is a special case of amateurish behaviour that only The RFL could sink to. 

Those categories were not visible when this farcical situation begun and treating its customer base like this is shambolic. 

17 minutes ago, dkw said:

This all came from someone posting it on hotukdeals website, it was never meant to be released to the public and was sent to those eligible with information, that info then wasn't shown in that website, or the social media clowns who are now jumping all over it.

But yeah, it's the RFLs fault eh....

I wouldn't blame the RFL for that but they can certainly be held accountable for not having the necessary checks and balances to stop the scheme being abused. Its fairly common to have to provide some sort of email verification online and this could have easily been built in.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Damien said:

I wouldn't blame the RFL for that but they can certainly be held accountable for not having the necessary checks and balances to stop the scheme being abused. Its fairly common to have to provide some sort of email verification online and this could have easily been built in.

Let's be honest, they probably are t bothered if they sold 300 instead of 200 because a few people passed on the code. 

But it's fans being outraged that have caused these to be cancelled (if indeed they will be). 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Let's be honest, they probably are t bothered if they sold 300 instead of 200 because a few people passed on the code. 

But it's fans being outraged that have caused these to be cancelled (if indeed they will be). 

Probably, maybe we aren't giving the RFL enough credit and this is some kind of new stealth, ambush marketing where people buy tickets with a dodgy promo code simply because they have a bargain. Genius!

As ever my only issue with this is the timing. It shouldn't be the week before which just annoys people and rightly so if we want to encourage early sales. The RFL know they probably have 50k tickets to shift to neutrals for next year, they should be doing all of this before with the aim of shifting that many tickets before the finalists are even known. Ambitious for sure but we all know the numbers that are needed here to get close to Wembley being a sell out. There is nothing stopping the RFL working with all the big employers now to shift tickets (I'm ignoring we haven't a date yet haha but you get the drift). Its easy to do and a win, win all round. May even build some relationships and shift a few corporates too.

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

The RFL ticketing website now including specific categories called “NHS worker” and “Military Staff”, after a terrible statement followed by another before the afternoon is out, where it could be seen that they’re implying rugby league fans aren’t welcoming to NHS workers or military staff, and hoping people don’t realise is a special case of amateurish behaviour that only The RFL could sink to. 

Those categories were not visible when this farcical situation begun and treating its customer base like this is shambolic. 

Those categories have been available at concession price throughout the sales period and have also been available through the clubs 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

I thought GDPR had rolled over? I'm not directly involved in its use right now so will admit to being a bit behind.

I wasn’t aware anything had changed tbh. Have only been sending out marketing info to those who have specifically requested/agreed to receive.

In years gone by, Random Town NHS trust would just provide a list of email addresses and would be hit with single use promo codes, or at least one a little more specific to gauge which ones have been more popular etc.

In all the years that the more generic promo codes have been in use for RFL events (let’s be honest, who else went nuts for them at RLWC 2013), this is the first time I’ve ever seen it at anything greater than 50% and even then it just seemed immediately obvious to me that it was an error that was rectified fairly quickly. 

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

Those categories have been on there for months 

Most other sports would accept the mess, and see it as 200 extra fans spending money at the stadium, and swelling the crowd.. 

Not the RFL through their own incompetence and lax processes.....

• Like 1

Set you ticket prices ( adult and junior/concession ) and that's it , if you want to invite anybody ' special ' , then do it differently than ' promo codes ' , you're just asking for trouble 

16 minutes ago, mozzauk said:

Most other sports would accept the mess, and see it as 200 extra fans spending money at the stadium, and swelling the crowd.. 

Not the RFL through their own incompetence and lax processes.....

Yes, our journos are currently focusing on a story as huge as a few people used a discount code they shouldn't have. 

Absolute small fry idiots. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Yes, our journos are currently focusing on a story as huge as a few people used a discount code they shouldn't have. 

Absolute small fry idiots. 

It really is a none story, which the RFL could have turned into a postive story and held their hands up... 

It has taken away the real news York beat St Helens in the WSL, Halifax winning 7 on the bounce and much more

• Thanks 1

On 22/05/2022 at 11:26, welshmagpie said:

That must hurt like a kick in the teeth and will hinder the sales of future finals more than it will benefit the sales of this one.

You won't have to wait for the next cup final, the WC comes before that when there will be lots of tickets that need selling, why buy early? Just hang on then they will be nearly given away when it is realised that there will be lots of empty seats and terrace spaces available.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Has anyone who got these had theirs cancelled yet?

Can they legally do that once the transaction has been made?

If it was a product in a shop marked up wrongly then on seeing the mistake they don't have to sell it to you, but if they have done so you wouldn't expect them to come running after you and taking the product back and giving you what you paid.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Can they legally do that once the transaction has been made?

If it was a product in a shop marked up wrongly then on seeing the mistake they don't have to sell it to you, but if they have done so you wouldn't expect them to come running after you and taking the product back and giving you what you paid.

That's why i'm asking really don't want to be trying to use them if thy won't work.