yorkshire league

Should the 16 clubs in Yorkshire break away and form there own league ? One league of 16 no relegation . grand final at Elland Road .Bring back the county cup . Inter county test west yorks v the rest . Yorkshire has some big cities and some great stadiums.    

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

Chief Crazy Eagle

Absolutely.

Bless you kid.

Instead of taking the Michael, I will offer a creative critique.

As no doubt numerous forumistas will point out the modern Game aspires a European wide sport than parochialism.

Player concerns and costs would rule out this as an additional competition in the season.

However I would offer a couple of possibilities.

A Yorkshire Cup as a pre season trophy.

Four weekends.

Three challenge games (that incorporated the historic existing friendlies)

A Floodlight Trophy league table and then 1v2 and so for a descending set of prizes.

Option two. Use the reserves in a county based trophy.

Discuss and be nice kids.

4 hours ago, superten said:

Should the 16 clubs in Yorkshire break away and form there own league ? One league of 16 no relegation . grand final at Elland Road .Bring back the county cup . Inter county test west yorks v the rest . Yorkshire has some big cities and some great stadiums.    

Big cities, yes. Great stadiums, yes.

However many of those that you can attribute to either of the above aren’t rugby league. Instead we have Featherstone, Wakefield’s ground and Hunslet’s athletics stadium. No offence to any of the aforementioned but I just don’t see the need in any of this.

If the Yorkshire clubs did that we could have a Super League of:

Wigan, Saints, Warrington, Salford, Catalans, Toulouse, Leigh, Barrow, Widnes, Newcastle as a ten team league. If you wanted 12 add in Whitehaven and London. I've just done that off current league positions but I wouldn't be against it!

5 hours ago, superten said:

I suppose its the only way a yorkshire team would win a title

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, superten said:

Great Idea - They could then call themselves the League 2 Yorkshire division and could sit back on a Friday night and just watch the best teams play live on Sky in the West of the Pennines 😁

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions