Championship, 2 from 4

So almost 1/2 way through the championship season, and as predicited by most it looks like 2 from 4 in terms of relegation (Haven getting in danger of being dragged into it).

June sees some major games which could decide who stays and who Goes (games which could lead to bottom 4 team wins)

2nd June (Thur)

Town v London

5th June (Sun)

Dewsbury v Haven

12th June

Town v Barrow

Dewsbury v London

Great chance for some of those teams to potentially make a move.  For instance if London was to win two of those games they would only be one point behind Haven, if Dewsbury beat Haven as well then you would have 2 point between 13th and 11th. on the other hand two losses for London, and only  one win for Town, plus two Dewsbury wins could effectively relegate London and Town.

Going to be interesting three weeks at the bottom.

BTW Barrow will not be going down, but a cumbrian derby at a fired up Workington, especially if Town beat London on 2nd June, could see a Town win which would give them belief they could pull themselves out of this

• Like 3

1 minute ago, westlondonfan said:

Yes. London are not looking good at the moment but are still in with a good shout in regard to survival in the Championship because the other teams at the bottom are not winning either.

Feeling among the Town supporters is that Town need to win the London home game or we are probably down. We can win it as well.

Some good recent performances (rested a few for Leigh as we were never going to win that away game) but we should have had at least 2 wins by now. Just need the 2 points from the London game to give us some hope.

• Like 1

Dewsbury v Haven game is really now key, Haven win it and its 2 from 3 for the drop, but the Rams pick up the win, then Haven really dragged into the relegation mix.

Dewsbury could pull themselves clear in next three weeks if they win the two games (london and Haven), and other results go there way (Town beating London). Or they could just as easily be equal bottom on 4 points if Town win the London and Barrow game

Really is very tight right now

Town are down. Be surprised if they win a game. 

Earlier on in the season thought Dewsbury would go as well, but now thinking it could be Haven.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

Town still have Haven, London and Dewsbury to play at home plus London away and Haven at the summer bash. All of those are winnable.

Yes agree, I still think it could be an exciting run in. Town have some decent players and gave Barrow a real scare in the cup.

• Like 1

Town have to get their season off with a win against London to have any chance of staying up , as for Haven , they play Batley at home same day , and if Batley play as bad as they did against Town , Haven will beat them .

I think out of the 4 Clubs Dewsbury will survive, they have at least 3 wins left in them and you feel they are slowly improving in this first half of the season, it's probably between London and Whitehaven who will also survive, removing a coach generally has a reaction on the pitch. So a big game coming up for the bottom 2 clubs. If Workington lose at home then you'd think it is too much from there on. 

So first blood to Town, with London now looking very Poor..

Next up is Rams v Haven..   Win for Rams will see a gap start to appear between bottom 2 and those above

Edited by crashmon

18 minutes ago, crashmon said:

so looks like Haven are safe

image.png.8f6af56b587a8fd1541df2837185000b.png

Rams v  London is huge next week, wins for Rams and Barrow will pretty much relegate Town and London.  Or Rams could be bottom next week possibily.

But Haven look safe now

If London can run York that close iam they can beat Dewsbury.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fevrover said:

If London can run York that close iam they can beat Dewsbury.

Its so weird in this league, London looked like they had hardly ever played RL before against Town, yet play like that away to York a few days later, who had previously demolished town.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dkw said:

Its so weird in this league, London looked like they had hardly ever played RL before against Town, yet play like that away to York a few days later, who had previously demolished town.

Odd results happen quite often when we have two games over a bank holiday weekend. 

Injuries also play quite a role. Many clubs don't have much depth to their squads. Widnes used 33 players in the first 10 games, believe London used 28, so it's easy to see how performance can vary significantly.

London, Workington and Dewsbury play Widnes in the next 4 rounds, any of them could pick up points on current form.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dkw said:

York rested a few of our pack and gave our youngsters a run out , London had a few young ones in and played really well  , second bullet we have dodged this season as there were only 2 points in it at their place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonM said:

Odd results happen quite often when we have two games over a bank holiday weekend. 

Injuries also play quite a role. Many clubs don't have much depth to their squads. Widnes used 33 players in the first 10 games, believe London used 28, so it's easy to see how performance can vary significantly.

London, Workington and Dewsbury play Widnes in the next 4 rounds, any of them could pick up points on current form.

Think with Kear being appointed, it should make Widnes a harder game, new manager bounce n all that.

so based after the latest games looks like 1 from 2 now with Town gone... I don't see workington overhauling both London and Dewsbury

Will it be Dewsbury or London?

image.png.3f6a60cebdd3cdf6dfba5c28a24221cf.png

If London can pinch something vs Widnes then could really put the Rams in trouble.
I actually think 10 points (even 9 points) might be enough to stay up

Edited by crashmon

To be fair,I think it's still early doors.

London play very winnable games in Widnes,Sheffield and Bradford over the next month.As do Dewsbury also.

Town,If winless over the next 3 games.I think there done for.

Haven I don't think are completely out of the dark either.If London and Rams pick up 1-2 wins each over the next 4 games and Haven do not,the gap is suddenly closed.

After the next month,I think the picture will be fairly clear for the relegation spots.

4 hours ago, crashmon said:

so based after the latest games looks like 1 from 2 now with Town gone... I don't see workington overhauling both London and Dewsbury

Will it be Dewsbury or London?

image.png.3f6a60cebdd3cdf6dfba5c28a24221cf.png

If London can pinch something vs Widnes then could really put the Rams in trouble.
I actually think 10 points (even 9 points) might be enough to stay up

The way Town are playing we deserve to go down. But with Dewsbury and Haven still to play at home there’s still hope. We beat Dewsbury in the cup and got beat by a last minute DG at their place so no reason why we can’t win that one. Derby games can go either way regardless of form so Haven at home is not a lost cause. Win those 2 then we have Haven to play at Leeds and London away still to play. 10 points is still very achievable. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

that draw at barrow might just save London... Also London have Barrow last game of season, if Barrow have nothing to play for and London do, I fancy a London win then, if Barrow are guarnteed in playoffs they may rest players so again potential London win.

Still think as little as 9 points might be enough to survive

Edited by crashmon

• 3 weeks later...

I think it looking more and more like Workington and Dewsbury are favourites for the drop.  With London's win vs Sheffield, and Haven getting a draw at Batley, gaps are now appearing.

London probably needs 2 wins from remaining games, as I think 11 points will be enough to survive.

image.png.65e55f1a3d3f5a6c95911dae6fa3324c.png

10 minutes ago, crashmon said:

I think it looking more and more like Workington and Dewsbury are favourites for the drop.  With London's win vs Sheffield, and Haven getting a draw at Batley, gaps are now appearing.

London probably needs 2 wins from remaining games, as I think 11 points will be enough to survive.

image.png.65e55f1a3d3f5a6c95911dae6fa3324c.png

Next week Leigh visit Town , week after its Leyth at the Rams