Wire sign some props

On 01/06/2022 at 09:34, RP London said:

I think he has had a nasty shock with who is prepared/able to change their mindset/style of play and the only way to do it is clear it out. Widdop surprises me, and I've always been a fan of his, but age and fitness is against him I suspect.ย 

Am I missing something obvious, who will be our half with Williams?ย 

27 minutes ago, Dave T said:

assume a 34 year old aussie the way its going!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Vaughan is a year younger than Walmsley

Iโ€™d say both of those are good signings . After his ban McGuire has been really solid for the Dragons and Iโ€™ve always liked Vaughan

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Dean

Seems a pretty big risk to move Ratch and Widdop on and use Dean who we have put on loan in the Championship?ย 

If he was in the plans for next year wouldn't we have let him get experience this year with us?ย 

• Like 1

McGuire = Mongrel/Grub.ย  The fans will love him, if he gets the balance right.

Tall Paul = Battering ram.ย  As above.

+ Casiano

+ Dudson

+ Mikaele

ย 

I like what Powell is doing. He has a good track record in getting the best out of HIS recruits.ย 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Seems a pretty big risk to move Ratch and Widdop on and use Dean who we have put on loan in the Championship?ย 

If he was in the plans for next year wouldn't we have let him get experience this year with us?ย 

I know what you mean but its the only answer I can see at the moment.ย 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CiderWire said:

McGuire = Mongrel/Grub.ย  The fans will love him, if he gets the balance right.

Tall Paul = Battering ram.ย  As above.

+ Casiano

+ Dudson

+ Mikaele

ย 

I like what Powell is doing. He has a good track record in getting the best out of HIS recruits.ย 

Chayse Blair says hi

33 minutes ago, haskey said:

I wonder just how close to the Salary Cap and number of Aussies they are allowed ?

Salary cap is not worth discussing as we have no idea what any of them are paid, but in terms of overseas, in our last game we had only 2 overseas players, so we have some space there.ย 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, haskey said:

I wonder just how close to the Salary Cap and number of Aussies they are allowed ?

Assuming these two players sign (wouldnโ€™t be the first time Warrington name is dropped by agents / lazy journalists to try and get some interest in players going) then that would leave us with Mataโ€™Utia, Mikaele, Vaughan, McGuire and Kasiano signed up for 2023, Jason Clark will leave and Magoulias I assume will leave also (option in clubs favour). So leaves 2 spots remaining on quota.

ย 

In terms of cap space, as well as J Clark and Magoulias, Cooper, Widdop, Charnley, Hughes, Amor, Mulhern all set to leave.

ย 

Assuming Ratchford will stay on a reduced contract and we will look to bring in a half (Dufty?) plus maybe one more back rower / centre.

16 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

Just worry about your own backyard muckor ๐Ÿ‘

No need to. Our backyard is full of trophies, where as Wire's is just currently full of P45's, Pension books and 66 years worth of unused boxes full of "Warrington Champions" flags & T-Shirtsย ๐Ÿ˜

• Sad 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

ย 

35 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

No need to. Our backyard is full of trophies, where as Wire's is just currently full of P45's, Pension books and 66 years worth of unused boxes full of "Warrington Champions" flags & T-Shirtsย ๐Ÿ˜

Thanks for your continuing obsession, much appreciated. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

17 hours ago, Dave T said:

Isnโ€™t there still some talk of Dufty to the halves with Thewlis rightly getting the No.1 shirt?

Iโ€™ll be honest, Iโ€™m not a Dufty fan based on the little bits Iโ€™ve seen from the NRL but if he can offer a threat for 12 months from 6/7 while Dean develops, then we could do worse.

โ€œThere is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.โ€ ย ย Carl Sagan

ย 

16 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

tower of strength - great song

Originally done by Gene McDaniels who recorded a great beat ballad called โ€˜ Walk with a winner โ€˜ which was big on the Northern Soul scene.

Edited by soulboy

8 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

I am 60 so time yet to get a t, shirt. But I will wear the CC winners one against saints that ones the sweetest.ย 

23 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Must have finished ย your homework then.

On 09/06/2022 at 17:02, Scubby said:

Vaughan is a year younger than Walmsley

And only 1 year older than Paasi,both could be real good signings,certainly better than Dudson & Kaisiano & will give Wire some great go forward next year despite Toppyโ€™s incoherent rantings.

• Like 1

Kasiano is my 16 year old favourite player at the Dragons and the fans love him HOWEVER the Dragons are not fools and already he has been replaced by a better quality player.

Dudson happy to see him go.

Wire should never have let Chris Hill go.

ย 

P

ย 

ย 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/06/2022 at 10:13, ATLANTISMAN said:

Kasiano is my 16 year old favourite player at the Dragons and the fans love him HOWEVER the Dragons are not fools and already he has been replaced by a better quality player.

Dudson happy to see him go.

Wire should never have let Chris Hill go.

ย 

P

ย 

ย 

How does he feel about Paul Vaughan?ย