Jump to content

James Bentley at the RFL Disciplinary


Recommended Posts

3 match penalty notice.

He needs to calm down, calm down, etc…

  • Haha 2

Sky Sports Jenna Brooks to Jake Connor regarding England selection : "Shaun Wane has said that he's spoken to you about why you were left out, he's also said he's told you what you needed to do more of, I'm interested, what do you need to do more of and did you do it tonight?"

Jake Connor : "I don't know, to be honest I haven't spoken to him."

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Its an expensive waste of the salary cap to have to pay a player who consistently misses games through his own ill discipline. You'd imagine Leeds will be looking to get rid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Spends more time at disciplinary hearings than I do at pub...

You need to up your game.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Damien said:

Its an expensive waste of the salary cap to have to pay a player who consistently misses games through his own ill discipline. You'd imagine Leeds will be looking to get rid.

He and Luke Gale having a ban competition?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seriously making my blood boil that Kendall and his team didn't see the challenge clearly on the night and issue the deserved red. It can't be a problem with his eyesight as I don't think he missed any of Trinity's offsides or forward passes, even the marginal ones. I accept that it's far from a given that we'd have beaten a 12 man Leeds in the second half the way we were playing but I reckon it would have made us slight favourites. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Jughead said:

He’s going to have missed 9 of 17 games by the time this ban is over, which is crazy but having seen footage of all his bans, he can’t have any complaints. 

Add in the time he spent off the field for his red card and the 2 yellows and his missing game time numbers are quite spectacular. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, north yorks trinity said:

Seriously making my blood boil that Kendall and his team didn't see the challenge clearly on the night and issue the deserved red. It can't be a problem with his eyesight as I don't think he missed any of Trinity's offsides or forward passes, even the marginal ones. I accept that it's far from a given that we'd have beaten a 12 man Leeds in the second half the way we were playing but I reckon it would have made us slight favourites. 

It seriously makes my blood boil that before the coaches started whinging about justified red and yellow cards and the appropriate bans, instead of trying to coach their players, that the referees were sending players off for these types of incident but were told to act on the side of caution and not issue as many cards resulting in Bentley not seeing a red card

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, doc said:

Were Saints laughing when he left?

Is he just misunderstood?

Saints knew he had a disciplinary issue but still offered him a new contract to match what they thought he was worth to the team (allegedly around £75K / Yr). Leeds offer to him was double Saints offer was, Saints just said no thanks not interested at that price.

Best decision all round him going to Leeds 😁

  • Haha 2

St.Helens - The Home of Rugby Champions

Saints Men's team - Triple Champions & Double Winners ; Saints Women's team - Treble Winners ; Thatto Heath - National Conference Champions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, LeeF said:

It seriously makes my blood boil that before the coaches started whinging about justified red and yellow cards and the appropriate bans

If the stakes involve job security/P&R you have to expect behaviour patterns you don't necessarily want, I'm afraid.

Circumstances can make liars and cheats out of the best of us.

TOOHS ....O H S 🎶

 

Edited by Oxford

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Scubby said:

Bentley - there's a really decent rugby player in there somewhere. 

For sure - if he can get a grip of himself he's a useful player.

His poor discipline and injuries in the latter months at Saints allowed Batchelor his chance and he's been tremendous ever since.  We're strong in the back row and he'd struggle to get a game now behind Batchelor/Sione/Sironen/Knowles for back row spots, so the Leeds move still makes sense.

I hope Bentley manages to clean up his act and be the player he can be.

Edited by FearTheVee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

It seriously makes my blood boil that before the coaches started whinging about justified red and yellow cards and the appropriate bans, instead of trying to coach their players, that the referees were sending players off for these types of incident but were told to act on the side of caution and not issue as many cards resulting in Bentley not seeing a red card

Point taken. I'd argue it was a straight red on the day under any interpretation of leniency or otherwise, but no doubt the pressure from the coaches and subsequent weakness from the RFL did have an influence.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Oxford said:

If the stakes involve job security/P&R you have to expect behaviour patterns you don't necessarily want, I'm afraid.

Circumstances can make liars and cheats out of the best of us.

TOOHS ....O H S 🎶

 

Since you have diverted the thread I will answer.

Oh dear, how long have you been watching this game, the game was far better when player's had to earn their money, flat rate appearence money then differentials for win, lose or draw. You really take the biscuit in your job security rational of no relegation you want to pay player's that could lose every game all season long, I would wager you would put up an objection if the coach wanted to get rid of the deadwood, instead put them all on carrear long contracts that would be good eh, plenty of job security.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Since you have diverted the thread I will answer.

That isn't diverted there are obvious and telling reasons why coaches and players for that will bend any rule anytime anywhere.

And mine was a post about the motivation for coaches moaning about the disciplinary.

See hear Dylan the rest of your post was a bit of empty diatribe that sounds like it belongs on the political forum where self respecting silly ideas go to commit harakiri.

TOOHS, TOOHS ....O H S 🎶

 

Edited by Oxford

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Saints knew he had a disciplinary issue but still offered him a new contract to match what they thought he was worth to the team (allegedly around £75K / Yr). Leeds offer to him was double Saints offer was, Saints just said no thanks not interested at that price.

Best decision all round him going to Leeds 😁

Interesting comment toppy, you say Saints allegedly offered him £75k so you don't really know, so how could you know Leeds doubled the offer ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Oxford said:

That isn't diverted there are obvious and telling reasons why coaches and players for that will bend any rule anytime anywhere.

And mine was a post about the motivation for coaches moaning about the disciplinary.

See hear Dylan the rest of your post was a bit of empty diatribe that sounds like it belongs on the political forum where self respecting silly ideas go to commit harakiri.

 

Dylan again! 

Seeing your such an afficiado on the magic roundabout, you wouldn't mind if I referred to you as Brian 🐌 the hyperactive and very optimistic slimey trail maker, would you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, daz39 said:

Maybe, like Sezer he just doesn't like playing for Leeds.

Bet they wish they'd signed him on a pay-per-game deal, he'd owe them now 

Maybe Sezer didn't like living in Huddersfield, the bright lights of Leeds versus  the Gas club or the vulcan, no contest really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...