London

Andrew Newton

9 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

🙈

Absolute  gem of a player   such a shame his head is scrambled.

It's a shame to see the talent he had wasted, especially when you compare it to Donaldson who's has had a very good career consistently in SL, I believe they both came through the amateurs at a similar time. 

3 hours ago, Sticklebricks said:

Great to hear will Lovett is moving his arms in hospital so bodes well that his recovery will be positive,people in the past have mentioned it but why have Riley on the bench and only use him for approximately 15 minutes if he’s there use him, Chris of course knows better than me ???

Doesn't look fit to me, it's hard to play catchup when you haven't been training long. More perplexing is how Hutchings doesn't get in. I reckon when CT does give him a proper go we'll find we've got a gem. Scholey should be back soon.

Great to get the win and hopefully that gives the lads a big boost and it is nothing less than they deserve.

I was impressed with our discipline today and some of our goal line defence was unbelievable and not sure how many times London were held up over the line but it must have been double figures.

Also seemed like a very good crowd today considering we are bottom of the League,zero away support and on the telly with daft O'clock kick off but well done to the club for putting the price offers and also the Fanzone which seemed to go down well.Hopefully no injuries from today and every minute Glen Riley gets on the pitch will only help him to get match fit and I think he will give us that bit of size we were looking for in the forwards.

As said by many others I hope Lovell is Ok and makes a full recovery.

• Like 2

Great day at Derwent Park with family brilliant to get the 2 points. Just watched game on Prem makes you realise what you miss live. All played like we should play every game, Fitzy is superb gives his all as does Doran both good as usual, Brown did well, that try from O’Brien though should be in for Try of Week. Thought commentators Cook & Brown got MOM right. Simons was outstanding both in defence & round ruck 2 tries & try assists. Game changed when he was off & brought control when back on great team player & lucky to have him I rate him, quietly goes about his business & gives his all. We won that up the middle & discipline was good. Hope that gives us the confidence we need going forward. Tough one on Sunday Chris may rest key players give the other lads a go.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pmac said:

The was one of the best days at DP for years , the result the weather and the entertainment after the game kept the crowd there for hours after the game , well done all.

That's brilliant, hopefully todays result gives the lads a bit of motivation, also the board can keep the off field entertainment ect going, its surprising what extra ££££££ can be made from them, well done to all involved. 

• Like 2

Been going to derwent Park for 40 odd years and I don't think I've ever seen a prop forward do a run like theirs did yesterday, I didn't think he was going to stop knocking our players out of the road! Great defence yesterday though,thought caine was awesome and that try saving tackle putting his body on the line was unreal. 2 points in the bag,fingers crossed more to come.

• Like 3

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Well done Chris and the lads yesterday, a great performance and something to build on now , excellent fanszone area really added to the occasion as well, a number of good performances, Simons, Fitzy, Marcus, Brown and young Davies had his best game , Carl's defence was top draw today to , great attendance of 1135 considering no traveling fans an early kickoff and on TV it's got to be encouraging, well done everyone UTT 💙🤍

• Like 2

Brilliant win yesterday, so pleased for Chris & the lads.

Also it shows that even with all the things against them like half term, jubilee, on telly, etc etc a decent crowd turned up and probably made up the loss of the cheaper ticket prices with what they spent on food & drink.  Let's hope its something that can be built on both on & off the field.

I don't see any reason why we can't go to Batley and give them a game on Sunday. UTT

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

53 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Been going to derwent Park for 40 odd years and I don't think I've ever seen a prop forward do a run like theirs did yesterday, I didn't think he was going to stop knocking our players out of the road! Great defence yesterday though,thought caine was awesome and that try saving tackle putting his body on the line was unreal. 2 points in the bag,fingers crossed more to come.

Had a few in 70s

Derek Watts comes to mind

And dont forget "Fui" -  Gary Mac put a good photo on Facebook a couple of year ago from behind sticks with the before, During and after shots of the poor fullback trying to stop him - probably questioning his decision to be a fullback.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anok4u said:

Big Jimmy maybe , some great barnstorming charges . One at Huddersfield I remember well 

• Like 1

That fanzone idea is great, we at Batley do it a few times a year and also the beer garden as well.

Hope to see you on Sunday and hopefully a sunny day. 

The club is trying a beer fest on the Saturday so there might be some sore heads on Sunday.

Edited by RogerT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, anok4u said:

Big Jim and John Lomax did a few mate

6 minutes ago, Onreport said:

What a couple of props they were, some of the big hits lomax did I'm sure the players are still sore to this day!

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

44 minutes ago, Onreport said:

They were mere straplings compared to big Gav Brown ! When Gav got going it was like 10 pin bowling as he skittled defenders.

• Haha 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

They were mere straplings compared to big Gav Brown ! When Gav got going it was like 10 pin bowling as he skittled defenders.

Talking of bowling balls big Les Moore was up with the best of them but those two were much quicker and all class, Lomax probably one of the hardest hitters we have seen at DP, no wonder he was first choice for Canberra and NZ, back in the day,  alongside Big Pongia

Edited by Onreport

• 1 year later...