Sat 28th May: 1895 Cup Final: Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions KO 12:00 (Premier Sports/BBC iPlayer)

Who will win?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers by 13 points or more
    • Featherstone Rovers by 7 to 12 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 1 to 6 points
    • Leigh Centurions by 1 to 6 points
    • Leigh Centurions by 7 to 12 points
    • Leigh Centurions by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/05/22 at 11:30

• John Drake changed the title to Sat 28th May: 1895 Cup Final: Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions KO 12:00 (Premier Sports/BBC iPlayer)

4 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

I'm not. I'm hearing that Wildie is a definite no and JSL, Kopczak and Kheirallah are very doubtful. Plus Jones is banned. 

I believe that Mr Lam has the other problem of who to leave out, apart from long time injured Chris Green all others are available - happy to be corrected.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Leigh by about 12.  I think they'll win in the last quarter.  From everything I've seen this year they're bigger, faster and fitter than us.

I think that Fev are a little more expansive with ball in hand than Leigh, but I think that it could be a question of who is better organised in defence, let's be totally honest neither have been really tested this season except Leigh at your place but I think that game coming when it did in Fev and how both teams have improved their roster's since carry's no relevance to the end of May.

You have said all season that Leigh is bigger and faster than Fev, since you first made that call I think that Leigh have increased in both size and speed, but I am not falling for your lack of confidence trick🤫

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think that Fev are a little more expansive with ball in hand than Leigh, but I think that it could be a question of who is better organised in defence, let's be totally honest neither have been really tested this season except Leigh at your place but I think that game coming when it did in Fev and how both teams have improved their roster's since carry's no relevance to the end of May.

You have said all season that Leigh is bigger and faster than Fev, since you first made that call I think that Leigh have increased in both size and speed, but I am not falling for your lack of confidence trick🤫

I have this argument with my lads every time you're on telly. They're full of the confidence of youth, I always go for the worst case scenario then I'm never disappointed.

Whatever happens, I'll be off work, it'll be a cracking game and some beers will be consumed 😀

That game in Feb means nothing. All it proved is that we're a bit better at mud wrestling than you are.

Edited by David Shepherd
  • Like 3

Got to go for my local team, Fev.  

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Found this a hard game to call anyway but the number of Fev players who aren't certain to play at this stage makes it tougher. Connor Jones is suspended and Josh Hardcastle, Gareth Gale, Mark Kheirallah, Craig Kopczak, Jesse Sene-Lefao, Mattie Wildie, and Adam Cuthbertson have been out injured or limped off on Saturday so it's hard to get an idea of how we will line up.

Looking forward to this game more than the CC Final. Will be there, just have to work out how many trains I need to cross London. Three at least and nearly two hours according to Trainline website. Probably take as long as it does from Fev. Should be a great game though, hope both teams have their stars fit and playing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bromleybulldog said:

Looking forward to this game more than the CC Final. Will be there, just have to work out how many trains I need to cross London. Three at least and nearly two hours according to Trainline website. Probably take as long as it does from Fev. Should be a great game though, hope both teams have their stars fit and playing.

Bromley South (guessing from the username...) to Victoria then Victoria Line to Seven Sisters and either walk or get Overground to White Hart Lane.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Found this a hard game to call anyway but the number of Fev players who aren't certain to play at this stage makes it tougher. Connor Jones is suspended and Josh Hardcastle, Gareth Gale, Mark Kheirallah, Craig Kopczak, Jesse Sene-Lefao, Mattie Wildie, and Adam Cuthbertson have been out injured or limped off on Saturday so it's hard to get an idea of how we will line up.

For this very reason promotion should be first past the post and not a one off cup match. Tha could have even more injuries illness and suspensions come the play offs. Same with leigh of course

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward