Sat 28th May: 1895 Cup Final: Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions KO 12:00 (Premier Sports/BBC iPlayer)

Who will win?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers by 13 points or more
    • Featherstone Rovers by 7 to 12 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 1 to 6 points
    • Leigh Centurions by 1 to 6 points
    • Leigh Centurions by 7 to 12 points
    • Leigh Centurions by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/05/22 at 11:30

17 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Totally agree this ref does make some strange decisions, but his mistakes weren't just against one team has Cardypaul is suggesting.

Don't have to tell me lol.

3 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

For the Leigh fans, is this team better that last season’s? It seems so. I’d back this Leigh squad to finish top 8 in SL.

Yes I would say so Tex, and as I said earlier in the thread they are getting better all the time, trouble us for both of us we will not get challenged that often to keep the monentum going.

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Their halfbacks would  need upgraded imo

Definitely. Outside backs and pack are good SL standard

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

5 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Those Leigh forwards are impressive and dominated today. It is them that made the Leigh half backs look good. I thought that Fev's backs are dangerous but when your forwards are getting steam rollered they have no platform.

Read back anything that I have been saying about Leigh's half's all season, if we had two good ones we would be very very dominant.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes I would say so Tex, and as I said earlier in the thread they are getting better all the time, trouble us for both of us we will not get challenged that often to keep the monentum going.

You don’t need to worry, you’ll win every game from now on, much too strong. Very frustrating as a Fev fan but unless we go full time the dream will never happen 

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Why is that Oxy?

Cant keep all your overseas players and Im assuming on performances we have seen so far there may be a number of SL teams taking a look and its a risk signing a contract that has a failure to get in to SL clause becuase other opportunities may have already gone.

32 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Cant keep all your overseas players and Im assuming on performances we have seen so far there may be a number of SL teams taking a look and its a risk signing a contract that has a failure to get in to SL clause becuase other opportunities may have already gone.

Yes I am well aware of that, but you said you hoped, intimating that you want the team to fall apart, but they can't go anywhere till this season is over can they?

Leigh looked a far better team than Fev- and much fitter too. By the end of the first half Fev already looked beaten, not getting back into defensive positions quickly enough, grouped together in the middle of the pitch with very little width. Ferres seemed done after about five minutes. Ipape exploited their slowness to regroup with a number of scoots. He looks a brilliant player. On the evidence of today Leigh appear to be clear favourites for SL next year.

• Like 2

Just watching back on iPlayer. Fantastic day. Really good game too. A ton more mistakes than the game in week one but a cracker all the same. Not sure if it carried across on telly but a great atmosphere throughout. Waited years to see play on a stage like that.

• Like 2

Very dissappointed with Featherstone Rovers, not that I watch the championship a lot but for example, they had Liam Briscoe on the wing who I though on a couple of occasions in the second half was in space and should have skinned his opponent but he had no pace and ball ended up throwing a long looping interception giving up a promising field position.

Also saw the Fergosaurus playing for Leigh, unsafe under the high ball in the first half , his try early in the second half.. "Forwward" and I was in line for that and  he then carried on like a pork chop post try and in the after match celebrations.

A bit of a knockonathon of a game, which was seen by less than 10,000 through the fans at both ends made a lot of noise. Posters will of course disagree with me, but if you want to make the AB Sundecks cup an event then play it at the Halliwell Jones or Headingley and get a full house.

I am a Derek Beaumont fan so pleased to see Degsy showing off the cup to the Leigh Fans post game.

Edited by THE RED ROOSTER
  • Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

17 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

Leigh man of match Liam moore

Paul mate.... I'm really hoping that now you've had the opportunity to calm down away from the stress, anxieties and disappointment of yesterday, that you can be more objective in your judgement here mate.

The ref got most calls bang on. He didn't make a series of unforced errors, spilling the ball or running into touch on first tackle. He wasn't kicking badly. He wasn't playing hail Mary rugby or letting Ipape dictate play.

We were beaten by a better team on the day. The ref had bug ger all to do wi it mate. 

We go again.....

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Paul mate.... I'm really hoping that now you've had the opportunity to calm down away from the stress, anxieties and disappointment of yesterday, that you can be more objective in your judgement here mate.

The ref got most calls bang on. He didn't make a series of unforced errors, spilling the ball or running into touch on first tackle. He wasn't kicking badly. He wasn't playing hail Mary rugby or letting Ipape dictate play.

We were beaten by a better team on the day. The ref had bug ger all to do wi it mate. 

We go again.....

Mac wanted to know where we're at, he knows now! Best team won.

• Like 3

Just now, Fevrover said:

Mac wanted to know where we're at, he knows now! Best team won.

I actually said on leigh fb page last week that (imo)... this comp is a bit of a meaningless distraction to me and the greater benefit of yesterday's game regardless of the result is that it would give the coaches of both teams a look at where each team is.

As you say, mac now knows what needs fixing.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I actually said on leigh fb page last week that (imo)... this comp is a bit of a meaningless distraction to me and the greater benefit of yesterday's game regardless of the result is that it would give the coaches of both teams a look at where each team is.

As you say, mac now knows what needs fixing.

Will Mac get Mr Campbell to dig deeper into his pocket to strengthen the team? Or does he believe he can earn his money with the squad he has got.

No doubt a lot of money has been spent by both teams and both teams now know where they are at with regards the opposition, I have said all along that Leigh need to strengthen at half back, we have the forwards to lay the platform and the quality outside to do the damage but I feel that it is wasted with Mellor & Reynolds as was evident yesterday, at least one needs to be replaced or better still both, If Lam is satisfied with these two, Fev have a big chance of beating Leigh, if we get some class at 6 or 7 then I think the odds will very much favour Leigh in the encounters to come.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bromleybulldog said:

Leigh looked a far better team than Fev- and much fitter too. By the end of the first half Fev already looked beaten, not getting back into defensive positions quickly enough, grouped together in the middle of the pitch with very little width. Ferres seemed done after about five minutes. Ipape exploited their slowness to regroup with a number of scoots. He looks a brilliant player. On the evidence of today Leigh appear to be clear favourites for SL next year.

As a neutral, it was a good game to watch. Thought Leigh's pack was just too strong and big for Fevs, whilst think Fev edged it in the backs. The only chink in Leigh's armour looks like their discipline  As for the rest of the season, can't see either team losing but much as I'd prefer Fev to go up as Leigh have had a chance, unless Mark Campbell gets his cheque book out, hard to see Fev beating Leigh in the GF.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

As a neutral, it was a good game to watch. Thought Leigh's pack was just too strong and big for Fevs, whilst think Fev edged it in the backs. The only chink in Leigh's armour looks like their discipline  As for the rest of the season, can't see either team losing but much as I'd prefer Fev to go up as Leigh have had a chance, unless Mark Campbell gets his cheque book out, hard to see Fev beating Leigh in the GF.

Yes this is what I was intimating at in my previous post, is the expenditure of both or either of the clubs enough, if they don't spend more will what they have already spent been wasted?

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes this is what I was intimating at in my previous post, is the expenditure of both or either of the clubs enough, if they don't spend more will what they have already spent been wasted?

We shall find out eventually.

15 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes I am well aware of that, but you said you hoped, intimating that you want the team to fall apart, but they can't go anywhere till this season is over can they?

You have me wrong, I think that is what Fev will possibly be hoping for because at the moment to me they look a bit of a distance behind on the pitch but ultimatley it will come down to a one off game.

• Like 1