Sat 28th May: 1895 Cup Final: Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions KO 12:00 (Premier Sports/BBC iPlayer)

Who will win?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers by 13 points or more
    • Featherstone Rovers by 7 to 12 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 1 to 6 points
    • Leigh Centurions by 1 to 6 points
    • Leigh Centurions by 7 to 12 points
    • Leigh Centurions by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/05/22 at 11:30

8 hours ago, POR said:

To be fair C the dogs were poor that night and when they played similarly like that in the cup FEV posted 58 points

Obviously they weren't great (hence the 0-52) but they never looked like scoring and I don't think we dropped the ball once. Still think Fev will win on Saturday though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, meast said:

Battle of the chequebooks 🙂 

Leigh to win this cup but Fev to win a season in SL 

4 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

Would settle for that

Won't happen, both teams will improve as the season wears on, but Leigh will just edge it.

Must say I wasn't as confident a couple of months ago but watching them each week fills me with so much hope in their ability as a unit.

Whatever happens on Saturday, October is the target for both teams.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Won't happen, both teams will improve as the season wears on, but Leigh will just edge it.

Must say I wasn't as confident a couple of months ago but watching them each week fills me with so much hope in their ability as a unit.

Whatever happens on Saturday, October is the target for both teams.

I guess only time will tell, not confident about Saturday as it looks like we are struggling for a fit 9. Whatever happens I’m sure we will enjoy the journey.

48 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I was just looking on the guide on my TV and looked at red button to see if this is on there... apparently Fev are playing York at Wembley on Saturday... 🤔

Fingers crossed that's correct!

52 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I was just looking on the guide on my TV and looked at red button to see if this is on there... apparently Fev are playing York at Wembley on Saturday... 🤔

At least it will be a bit cooler this year , Cuthbo said he wanted to go back into the sheds it was that hot pitchside , '' but you're from Oz you should be used to sweltering ''   '' nah I have been over here so long I've got used to the UK climate ''

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fevrover said:

It's credit cards these days 😆

Knew they'd both built teams on HP!

What's the credit limit? You also get charged more for overseas purchases.

Edited by Scubby
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

is ferguson eligable to play in this game after signing so recently? just asking

Fergies on fire , your defence is terrified , Fergies on fire , na na na na na na na na na na na na na na 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Boooo you're usually right.

He's a fair judge.

I do think when Halifax played Leigh they saw just about the best version of them (including an on-form James Bell) whereas when Fax played us we were a fair way below our best both times, especially in the game at the Millennium.

Am sure he's seen them on other occasions though. I do think it's a hard game to call.

McDermott said in his interview with The Sportsman "I'm hoping Leigh are at full strength and I'm hoping they play really well, I want to see what it's like playing them when they're really well. I know when we played them at our place, the rain and the conditions pulled both teams back...let's hope we hit our straps and Leigh do, what a game that would be.", Although he will definitely be very keen to win this game he also very much wants to find out where Fev are in relation to Leigh at the moment and perhaps where Fev need to improve, this has been a theme in his interviews all year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1