Sat 28th May: Challenge Cup Final: Huddersfield Giants v Wigan Warriors KO 15:00 (BBC One)

Who will win?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants by 13 points or more
    • Huddersfield Giants by 7 to 12 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 1 to 6 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/05/22 at 14:30

On the 8:24 Hull to King's Cross now, along with a couple of hundred Hull and Hull KR fans and probably as many cases of beer. 

• Like 4

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Has a truce been called, is it like Xmas day on no man's land in WW1?

Just waiting for the first chorus of Old Faithful or that silly song about the robin to come from the trenches. 

• Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

31 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Ian Watson has confirmed Jack Cogger and Ollie Russell will be the starting half backs tomorrow. Fages out for 8 weeks.

I noticed earlier on Twitter that somebody had commented that Jack Coggers father is on a last minute dash across the globe to see him play tomorrow. 

I'm glad he's playing, as that would've been one hell of a downer for Mr Cogger Snr, Jet flagged to high heaven and watching Russell and Pryce in the halves.

• Like 2

Doubt Will was ever going to start after being out for 10 games, Watto is adamant that those who aren't in the squad have to earn their places in it, Will Pryce included, Russell/Fages/Cogger have, it's a huge dissapointed for Theo though as him and Olly Russ have been a great partnership, Cogs won't let us down though.

No way Wigan will let this one slip the net. 

32-10. 

Field to do an Offiah and run the length of the pitch untouched, only to blow it by overrunning the much-bemoaned very short in-goal areas and failing to put the ball down in time. Thus becoming a modern day Don Fox, and an internet meme sensation.

• Haha 1

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Did Cogger’s dad play for Oldham ?

I don't think so.

Western Suburbs and Leigh.

Edit - having looked into it, Jack's dad is Trevor (above), his uncle John played for Wests and Oldham (as well as Runcorn with another of the brothers Jamie).

Edited by Barley Mow

10 hours ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Fages doesn’t have much luck with CC finals does he? Hopefully he will have more opportunities in future. 

It's a real blow. He created nearly all the tries in the semi final. I was looking forward to seeing him play in the final.

Really looking forward to this one just got to negotiate a mind numbing early morning shift at work first...... 

Until I saw Fages was out I was really throwing my weight behind Huddersfield. They played brilliantly in the semi and if they could replicate that performance then they would be okay here but Fages was probably the biggest playmaker in that game and I don't know how they'll cope without him. 

I still think I have a bit more faith left in them than other people and think it will be close for a long time and I think I will stick with Huddersfield more through hope than anything. Would just be nice to see a different name on the trophy, at least one we haven't seen for decades anyway. 

• Like 3

Worth noting for those of us (me) who are likely to be in a moving vehicle at some points this afternoon: we sometimes get shunted to Sports Extra but coverage of the final today is on Five Live and appears to be taking precedence over the European union final.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I love cup final day, one of the best days of the year. Going to be an odd one not being at Wembley but change isn’t a bad thing sometimes and I’m looking forward to getting to Tottenham after the aborted Ashes game there. 

Hope we get another good final, as we’ve had some good ones in recent years. 

• Like 1