Jermaine Colman

1 hour ago, Hemi4561 said:

no matter how many millions have/will be wasted, and no matter how few people support them...

They objectively *are* the best RL supporters in the world though.  Or maybe were. Alienated so many, me included.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 27/05/2022 at 09:28, crashmon said:

Hi Mate, this is what the Broncos fans was telling you from day 1.  The stadium is great, and Wimbledon did everyting to make us welcome. I went to the Dewsbury match and was impressed with the stadium (only issue was catering, but that again is not wimbledons fault, as why would the have the street food vendors there for 500 fans).

I don't believe anybody here has said Wimbledon have been the guity party in any way, the point we are making is that PL is a super league stadium for a superleague team in front of 3-4K fans.  Its not suitable for a part time team in the bottom quarter of the championship, serving out the dross we have to endure every week. Broncos have been doing things in a half-assed way for years now.

I really hoped after the Widnes game it would kick on, but as I expected LB sat back and assumed that they had done the hard work, where in reality they did nothing from that point at all.

I have my money on your guys getting promotion straight back into League 1 next season, and hope you do well.

"Broncos have been doing things in a half-assed way for years now"

Yup, I 100% agree crashmon! That pretty much sums it up very well too, IMHO! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

Laugh all you want, Hemi4561, they are.

Legends in you own mind,there are many supporters of clubs that have never had the "advantages" that you have had that are more worthy of your epithet.Indeed there are supporters of clubs who have actively been excluded from said advantages. I raise a toast to London Skolars as the true success story in the capital, and to the supporters of all those clubs denied access to the "Super League" for the most ridiculous of reasons.

52 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

I raise a toast to London Skolars as the true success story in the capital.

Christ.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 27/05/2022 at 12:28, Man of Kent said:

Much to agree with, Mike. Broncos may need a reset/rebrand.    

What, another one?

We have all seen how Trailfinders have been doing this season. What I still have not had a  good answer for, is why anyone thought it was a good idea to move ( yet again) ?

3 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

What, another one?

We have all seen how Trailfinders have been doing this season. What I still have not had a  good answer for, is why anyone thought it was a good idea to move ( yet again) ?

As far as I’m concerned - and I would imagine Wimbledon - the success of the groundshare depends on whether Broncos get into Super League or not (however that may be). 

It was never about how many turned up for Whitehaven, it was always a longer term play. 

19 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

It was never about how many turned up for Whitehaven

Actually hilarious.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Actually hilarious.

From the Wimbledon POV, the groundshare is all about Super League. A punt, a gamble.

I remember the now former CEO saying David Hughes had told him 'he'd bet his house on Broncos being in SL in three years'.

Now, that may be an example of Hughes having more front than Blackpool, but that's how it was sold to Wimbledon fans.

14 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

From the Wimbledon POV, the groundshare is all about Super League. A punt, a gamble.

I remember the now former CEO saying David Hughes had told him 'he'd bet his house on Broncos being in SL in three years'.

Now, that may be an example of Hughes having more front than Blackpool, but that's how it was sold to Wimbledon fans.

Then it’s no surprise that the former CEO is no longer the CEO. 

its all about positioning to stay in the championship so that come the new structure they will have a place in the top two divisions . the alterative is more than likely going out of business along with a number of other clubs who dont make the cut . 

23 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

As far as I’m concerned - and I would imagine Wimbledon - the success of the groundshare depends on whether Broncos get into Super League or not (however that may be). 

It was never about how many turned up for Whitehaven, it was always a longer term play. 

When we were at Trailfinders we earned promotion to Super League on the pitch by bearing Toronto . 

We were then unlucky to go back down again.

iIf we had hung onto Sammut, or got a suitable replacement, we probably would of stayed up?

Edited by westlondonfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

That's a somewhat belated attempt to retro fit a desperately needed rental income to service your massive debt into some kind of coherent plan.

58 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

That's a somewhat belated attempt to retro fit a desperately needed rental income to service your massive debt into some kind of coherent plan.

We turned down London Irish so we couldn’t have been that desperate. You don’t know what you’re talking about, chief.

5 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

We turned down London Irish so we couldn’t have been that desperate. You don’t know what you’re talking about, chief.

Before or after your bond scheme fell £4.5m short?

6 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

The bond scheme has never fallen short. Again, you don’t know what you’re talking about. 

Nah. I know about it.

The bit where the club loads debt upon debt to remain fan owned but is still, even now, a couple of million pounds short.

The kind of business brains who believe the Broncos when they say, “Yeah, Super League and crowds, and we’ll really make an effort this time”.

6 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Nah. I know about it.

The bit where the club loads debt upon debt to remain fan owned but is still, even now, a couple of million pounds short.

The kind of business brains who believe the Broncos when they say, “Yeah, Super League and crowds, and we’ll really make an effort this time”.

Wimbledon has no external, secured debt. There is no ‘couple of million pounds short’. Plough Lane has been built as planned.

There’s a £10m, unsecured bond scheme - predominantly owed to its own fans - to be repaid/refinanced over 20 years. 

Call me biased but building a £33m stadium essentially with our own money and with no outstanding secured debt is a phenomenal achievement.

As for the Broncos, ultimately it’s down to them. If they remain part-time and go nowhere - or, perish the thought, go down - Wimbledon’s gamble will have failed.

If they get back in Super League, happy days. Broncos get to play in a modern ground with excellent facilities.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Wimbledon has no external, secured debt. There is no ‘couple of million pounds short’. Plough Lane has been built as planned.

There’s a £10m, unsecured bond scheme - predominantly owed to its own fans - to be repaid/refinanced over 20 years. 

Call me biased but building a £33m stadium essentially with our own money and with no outstanding secured debt is a phenomenal achievement.

As for the Broncos, ultimately it’s down to them. If they remain part-time and go nowhere - or, perish the thought, go down - Wimbledon’s gamble will have failed.

If they get back in Super League, happy days. Broncos get to play in a modern ground with excellent facilities.

"Essentially" doing so much heavy lifting in that post ...

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

"Essentially" doing so much heavy lifting in that post ...

The only debt outstanding is owed to bondholders, the vast majority of who are fans, and they are being paid interest well below the going rate for debt to football clubs.

It’s one helluva result. 

• Like 1