If Old Trafford couldn't host...

6 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Ah Croke Park.

Its a tremendous stadium and the views are excellent in any part of the ground.. You can just about walk keenly from Temple Bar to the place. 

However, aside from the difficulties/expense of booking to go there within a week, the attitude once ensconced in the GAA's Rule 42 which forbid "Foreign" games like RL being played there is still strong.

I mean it isn't even a clear given that Croker will be used for the RU World Cup, even given the astonishing amounts of money that would be exchanged. 

A great idea, but not hugely practical sadly. 

Anyone wanting to bite my idea of a French based final?

Not me. 

12 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Great idea - Stade Velodrome in Marseille. Toulouse could pay for the flights of finalists and their fans - it's only fair.

Edited by Scubby
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Ah Croke Park.

Its a tremendous stadium and the views are excellent in any part of the ground.. You can just about walk keenly from Temple Bar to the place. 

However, aside from the difficulties/expense of booking to go there within a week, the attitude once ensconced in the GAA's Rule 42 which forbid "Foreign" games like RL being played there is still strong.

I mean it isn't even a clear given that Croker will be used for the RU World Cup, even given the astonishing amounts of money that would be exchanged. 

A great idea, but not hugely practical sadly. 

In addition there are also severe restrictions on holding events there and it is a cause of much angst with local residents. In short this sees Croke Park having to turn away much more profitable events than the RL Grand Final.

Edited by Damien

The Grand Final needs to be played in a stadium catering for the day trip - couple of gallons of petrol decent priced ticket cheaper beer and back home in time for supper. 

Only then will we get a fair crowd.

We need more internationals or even on the road SL games  for our key board dreamers on here..........

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tim Streets tache said:

"Wagga" in a milkmaid outfit and blonde pigtail wig acting as the spongewoman.

Hopefully not in blackface.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

5 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Can’t wait for the RL fans who complain about London beer prices to hit Temple Bar,is there parking for the Leigh supporters bus ?

Glad you think we'll make the SL GF in the next few years 

4 hours ago, del capo said:

The Grand Final needs to be played in a stadium catering for the day trip - couple of gallons of petrol decent priced ticket cheaper beer and back home in time for supper. 

We need more internationals or even on the road SL games  for our key board dreamers on here..........

Yep, Glasgow can be done their and back in a day

If Rimmer's making the decision, I think we'd hold it at Leigh Sports Village as part of a triple-header

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

6 hours ago, del capo said:

Are you suggesting Blackpool??

• Like 2

On 26/05/2022 at 09:57, Dave T said:

Etihad, without question.

Likely end up with Elland Road triple header with Women and Championship.

Elland road is likely to be under redevelopment same time as Old Trafford.  How about Croke Park ? 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

On 26/05/2022 at 10:11, The Hallucinating Goose said:

What's going on with Man City developing the Etihad anyway? I know they were planning on expanding the other end to mirror the latest expansion but it seems to have gone a bit quiet, at least I haven't seen much anyway. 

That's because despite winning loads , they still don't fill it regularly enough to justify expanding it 

To make sure it’s an event that attracts fans outside of the two teams playing, it has to be a central located stadium to a city. 

Therefore, that goes Newcastle, Cardiff, Everton or at a stretch Man City. 

I can vouch with Speedway, Cardiff can be an utter pain on event evenings. 

• Thanks 1

On 26/05/2022 at 10:29, Scubby said:

Newcastle is commutable for fans of the finalists with an 8pm finish. 52,300

Living in Devon Cardiff would be great for me, Newcastle a bit too far! At the moment a 5h plus each way trip to Headingley once a month to watch the Rhinos!!

• Like 3

On 26/05/2022 at 10:29, Scubby said:

Newcastle is commutable for fans of the finalists with an 8pm finish. 52,300

It's commutable from the heartlands but fans south of there it is an issue because 

1. The drive becomes too long for a day. 5 hours there for me. 

2. Like Magic the hotel prices would jack up threefold. £250 for a Premier Inn ? ....is there simply a lack of hotels or something in Newcastle?

It may be that economically the loss of Southern fans would not matter but it still annoys me!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It's commutable from the heartlands but fans south of there it is an issue because 

1. The drive becomes too long for a day. 5 hours there for me. 

2. Like Magic the hotel prices would jack up threefold. £250 for a Premier Inn ? ....is there simply a lack of hotels or something in Newcastle?

It may be that economically the loss of Southern fans would not matter but it still annoys me!

Isn't it only us Northerners who moan about travelling? 😉

• Thanks 1

On 26/05/2022 at 13:46, JohnM said:

What if the Etihad,  Emirates, Wembley, Croke Park, Rolland Garros, Sydney Crikit Ground, all were not available.

Alt Park, Huyton.

Would certainly solve the problem of people complaining about it taking a long time to drive away afterwards 🙂

On 26/05/2022 at 09:37, Tommygilf said:

Its looking likely in the near to mid future that Old Trafford will be significantly redeveloped by Manchester United. During that time its likely that both Man U and the SL Grand Final would have to find temporary new homes. We've seen that when OT wasn't available for the no fans Final, Hull was chosen as a replacement, but I wouldn't expect it to be in the running when fans are able to go.

Where would you take it?

All scenarios open, OT could take 3 years to knock down and rebuild etc.

if Huddersfield v Catalan is the grand final it could be held at Castleford . with room to spare