NRL 2022 - MATCH THREAD - Round 12 - Indigenous Round

storm.png?preset=photo-inline     seaeagles.png?preset=photo-inline

THURSDAY MAY 26

Melbourne Storm vs Manly Sea Eagles at AAMI Park, 7.50pm AEDT

Storm team: 1. Nick Meaney 2. Dean Ieremia 3. Marion Seve 4. Justin Olam 5. Xavier Coates 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 14. Brandon Smith 10. Tui Kamikamica 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenny Bromwich 13. Josh King

15. Tyran Wishart 16. Trent Loiero 18. Chris Lewis 20. Jordan Grant 19. Jayden Nikorima 21. Tom Eisenhuth

Players cut: 9. Harry Grant 17. Alec MacDonald 22. William Warbrick 23. Bronson Garlick 24. Jack Howarth

Late Mail: Star hooker Harry Grant has been ruled out with an adductor injury suffered at training, with Brandon Smith set to take his place. Jahrome Hughes has been named at halfback, but is still in doubt with a calf injury. If he is ruled out Tyran Wishart will switch to halfback. Alec McDonald has been cut from the bench.

Sea Eagles team: 1. Reuben Garrick 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Morgan Harper 4. Tolutau Koula 5. Christian Tuipulotu 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Lachlan Croker 10. Toafofoa Sipley 11. Haumole Olakau’atu 12. Andrew Davey 13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Dylan Walker 15. Josh Schuster 17. Sean Keppie 18. Kurt De Luis 20. Kaeo Weekes 22. Alec Tuitavake

Players cut: 16. Ethan Bullemor 19. Jason Saab 21. Viliami Fifita 23. Jamie Humphreys 24. Jacob Sykes

Late Mail: Reuben Garrick will replace injured star Tom Trbojevic at fullback, with Jorge Taufua coming onto the wing. Ethan Bullemor has been cut from the bench.

Edited by Farmduck

Storm’s Indigenous jersey 2022

ogLo0Zv.jpg

Coree Thorpe, a proud Yorta Yorta, Gunnai, Gunditjmara and Wurundjeri man, designed Melbourne’s Indigenous Round Jersey. He is also a proud supporter of the team, and holds a Leadership and Community Development role at Dardi Munwurro,.

Thorpe used inspiration from the Rainbow Serpent. “I like to tell a story and Storm has an amazing story,” Coree explained.

“Like the snake, each year changes. It’s the shedding of people, players but the journey continues. It’s stronger, it learns, it heals and changes,” he said.

“You’ve got to understand where you’ve come from to know where you are going, and I think Storm do that very well.”

Edited by Graham

So has it started? I cancelled Fox and signed up for Kayo so I don't know if they're just running late or if I'm watching a delayed stream.

7 minutes ago, Graham said:

Surely I can’t be ahead of you, half a world away?

I think you are. Did you find a gap in the time/space continuum?