London Skolars

38 minutes ago, Roughyed 71 said:

Couldn't agree more. Is it time to fold the club and start a new one? I'll probably get a lot of stick for this but it's the only forward in my opinion. 

If the current club folds then that is it. It is time for the fans to group together and buy a stake in the club

2 hours ago, Roughyed 71 said:

Couldn't agree more. Is it time to fold the club and start a new one? I'll probably get a lot of stick for this but it's the only forward in my opinion. 

You are not wrong.

The club is a shambles and an embarrassment. It must be teetering on the brink of existence. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AmigoTopping said:

If the current club folds then that is it. It is time for the fans to group together and buy a stake in the club

Even if the fans could do this I doubt Hamilton would sell any. It would mean he would have to give some power away. Plus I wouldn't buy a stake in a truckload of debt.

• Like 3

I never know whether to come on the forum to give you my pennyworth - some supporters like it, others not. That said, despite a poor start to the season on the field we are excelling in my opinion, in 'off field' initiatives.

''On Field' - theres money on the table to strengthen the squad and we have been working hard to secure target players -  easier said than done tho. I have good relations with SL and Champ clubs and believe me, they are struggling with availability themselves.

We are now past this ridiculous run of fixtures dates (stop start) and now hopefully we can get some continuity and momentum.

Fri night fixture in London - SL no issue, but L1?? really?? and this on the back of a two none game weekends in May..

Tomorrow, we are back to the drawing board, to ensure that our fightback is guttsy and determined.

Oldham's season starts now !!

John (Supporter/Sponsor)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well said Rodders.  Only seen one match this season, (Cornwall), as work commitments make it difficult.  i wasn't expecting any miracles this year but I am impressed with things going on off the pitch.  Solid foundations are what is required right now in order to build something that doesn't suddenly collapse a short way down the road.  As for the players I have no doubt they are giving their heart and soul to what they are doing so get behind them folks.  London away on a Friday night?  Not a great idea.

• Like 5

I'm glad you do come on here John and very grateful for the insight you bring.

As  stated, "off field" the club looks to be in much better shape this season. Unfortunately , "on field" its been an unmitigated disaster and we're already writing off the season. Oldham's recruitment has been the worst in the league and whilst other clubs are still strengthening their squads we drop  further behind. Promotion was always beyond us this season but these lacklustre displays are hard to watch and no amount of off field work will fill the ground if that whats being served up.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Happyed said:

Promotion was always beyond us this season

Probably a good thing. Saves recruiting a brand new team and getting hammered most weeks then going back down again, unloading those temporary hired hands, sacking another coach and then trying to recruit a new team for the following season. Who wants to watch their local club get whacked every couple of weeks?

A mediocre season ( or seasons) in League 1 is (are) better than a nightmare few months in the Championship.

• Like 2

On 28/05/2022 at 23:45, AmigoTopping said:

Good luck with that idea. Years ago, a well known and respected local Businessman wanted to invest in the Club and asked to see the elusive accounts books to see if it was viable. 3 times he was fobbed off with all sorts of excuses. In the end, he gave up asking. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, tandle said:

12 games left we will be lucky if we win 5 of them. top six position  very doubtful.

Hornets finished 7th last season, below any team north of Birmingham. They are not ‘out of the woods’ so to speak, at least off the field, but they are winning games regularly and playing some good rugby.

Dont despair you yeds….keep the faith….often difficult to see light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I've said previously, this year may be the most important season in the history of the new club. To me it should be the reset season. Where the foundations for the future are finally laid. If we go up this season, then we'll just come down next season. Up and down, up and down, yoh yoh club. No, this season is just as much, if not more so, about off the field than on the field. Get that right, then in 2 seasons we'll be stronger and ready for a sustained campaign that will eventually see us maintain a top six position on the championship. I look at Feathetstone and think that's where we need to be in 5:years. If we had done this 5:years ago then where would we be now? Certainly in no worse position than now.

• Like 4

To be fair is the current position of the club were you see it should be. In 2007 we were beaten 8in the play off final by Featherstone look where they are.

Newcastle were beaten by us in 2019 for promotion and look where they are.

In my opinion the worst place should be is 6th in the championship not the worst place Northern pro club.

With TV money drying up and such a poor team it's going to take more than a season to fix the issues 

I don't think I've ever seen such a poor oldham side.

My interest in rugby is not as it once was but that's due to many factors.

I won't be there on Sunday as I have other commitments but if I hadn't would I go probably not.

5 hours ago, clifford said:

To be fair is the current position of the club were you see it should be. In 2007 we were beaten 8in the play off final by Featherstone look where they are.

Newcastle were beaten by us in 2019 for promotion and look where they are.

In my opinion the worst place should be is 6th in the championship not the worst place Northern pro club.

With TV money drying up and such a poor team it's going to take more than a season to fix the issues 

I don't think I've ever seen such a poor oldham side.

My interest in rugby is not as it once was but that's due to many factors.

I won't be there on Sunday as I have other commitments but if I hadn't would I go probably not.

That's a shame mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/05/2022 at 11:36, RoddersRL2022 said:

I never know whether to come on the forum to give you my pennyworth - some supporters like it, others not. That said, despite a poor start to the season on the field we are excelling in my opinion, in 'off field' initiatives.

''On Field' - theres money on the table to strengthen the squad and we have been working hard to secure target players -  easier said than done tho. I have good relations with SL and Champ clubs and believe me, they are struggling with availability themselves.

We are now past this ridiculous run of fixtures dates (stop start) and now hopefully we can get some continuity and momentum.

Fri night fixture in London - SL no issue, but L1?? really?? and this on the back of a two none game weekends in May..

Tomorrow, we are back to the drawing board, to ensure that our fightback is guttsy and determined.

Oldham's season starts now !!

John (Supporter/Sponsor)

Hi John, I think 100% you should come on here to give the club view. Always good to hear from you.

• Like 4