This is the way to treat coaches who disrespect match officials.

Having coaches interviewed straight after a match and being asked by the media to comment on specific incidents in the game that went against them is totally unfair. I recall a while back Justin Hodges was asked for a comment and Wayne Bennet quickly stepped in and told the guy he was being totally unfair to ask that. The media should not be allowed to ask for comment on officials then this wouldn't be an issue. ☹️ 

• Like 4

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

58 minutes ago, RayCee said:

Having coaches interviewed straight after a match and being asked by the media to comment on specific incidents in the game that went against them is totally unfair. I recall a while back Justin Hodges was asked for a comment and Wayne Bennet quickly stepped in and told the guy he was being totally unfair to ask that. The media should not be allowed to ask for comment on officials then this wouldn't be an issue. ☹️ 

59 minutes ago, RayCee said:

Maybe have refs interviewed about the players trying to cheat during the game ?

• Like 3

Whether or not the sport requires another Maurice Lindsay,I would certainly appreciate an English version of Peter V'Landys.Right here;right now!

• Like 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

“Particularly disappointing was the sustained criticism of match officials over the course of the week."

I think most people would accept that to a degree some comments made in the heat of the moment aren't always going to be the most considered but to continue the criticism in the days that follow is IMO worthy of being pulled up over.

• Like 2
The%20Warriors%2060.jpg

2 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Whether or not the sport requires another Maurice Lindsay,I would certainly appreciate an English version of Peter V'Landys.Right here;right now!

Peter V'landys is a go getter with loads of energy. Something Ralph Rimmer lacks on both counts, and also lets not forget that Peter V'landys is CEO of NSW horse racing as well. If he has a problem he sorts it unlike Ralph Rimmer who kicks problems into the long grass until he can't avoid dealing with them

5 minutes ago, Vambo said:

“Particularly disappointing was the sustained criticism of match officials over the course of the week."

I think most people would accept that to a degree some comments made in the heat of the moment aren't always going to be the most considered but to continue the criticism in the days that follow is IMO worthy of being pulled up over.

Some Coaches need to make their players fully aware of the laws of the game, as it seems with the stupid offences the players commit at times they are not aware of certain laws of the game

• Like 3

5 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Peter V'landys is a go getter with loads of energy. Something Ralph Rimmer lacks on both counts, and also lets not forget that Peter V'landys is CEO of NSW horse racing as well. If he has a problem he sorts it unlike Ralph Rimmer who kicks problems into the long grass until he can't avoid dealing with them

He also has real executive authority which has never been granted to the RFL CEO.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 28/05/2022 at 08:38, Angelic Cynic said:

18 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

He also has real executive authority which has never been granted to the RFL CEO.

He also has a situation where the sport is fashionable enough, highly regarded has constant press and media coverage and support from people high in government and I doubt he'd last 2 minutes 30 seconds in the job here.

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

18 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

You still need to have the integrity and judgement to make the decision. The RFL/SL condones players challenging and arguing with refs throughout every game and coaches complaining about refs after games. This feeds all the way through the game and does it no credit.

• Like 3