Whitehaven (H)

Wakefield Ram

Looks like you're already looking for a scapegoat in Thaler! talk about defeatist attitude, Thaler won't be the one dropping balls and missing tackles and making the poor plays! It's pretty obvious what the problem is at dewsbury it's the guy picking the team! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, The scrim reaper said:

Looks like you're already looking for a scapegoat in Thaler! talk about defeatist attitude, Thaler won't be the one dropping balls and missing tackles and making the poor plays! It's pretty obvious what the problem is at dewsbury it's the guy picking the team! 

There's 17 to blame for a poor show Sunday before Thaler trust me 

P.1.SS poor tonight lacked in every department 

If we lose Sunday I for one won't be blaming Ben

It's up to our team to get us out of this $hite we're in, not a referee 🤔

Edited by coolie
  • Like 1

The coach has hung his players out to dry again with his after match comments,maybe Mr Greenwood should take a long hard look at his own performance before blasting his players and ask why he cannot bring the best out of his group who on paper arnt bad players.

serious question if you were a player would you be busting a gut to play for him. I know I wouldn’t it comes across to me that the players are just downing tools. There is no leadership,direction,positivity coming from either the sideline or on the pitch from senior players.

imo I always played my best rugby when I was happy,when training was made fun and a place where players looked forward to attending and when we would all be pulling in the same direction. I imagine the above is the complete opposite to what’s happening. 

• Like 4

Or maybe just the team?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

13 hours ago, Outside view said:

The coach has hung his players out to dry again with his after match comments,maybe Mr Greenwood should take a long hard look at his own performance before blasting his players and ask why he cannot bring the best out of his group who on paper arnt bad players.

serious question if you were a player would you be busting a gut to play for him. I know I wouldn’t it comes across to me that the players are just downing tools. There is no leadership,direction,positivity coming from either the sideline or on the pitch from senior players.

imo I always played my best rugby when I was happy,when training was made fun and a place where players looked forward to attending and when we would all be pulling in the same direction. I imagine the above is the complete opposite to what’s happening. 

You are getting paid to perform,  just like in any job. If you didn't like your boss would you just under-perform until he got sacked?

Good luck with that in the real world.

• Like 3

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Thaler does drop balls.. He drops clangers.. And not the small ones that live on the moon with the soup dragon either 🤔🤔

Thaler doesn't miss tackles

He misses knock ons, cheap shots, forward passes (his speciality 🤔

Along with his infamous

"6 again" 👊👊👊👊👊

So let's see if it was the guy picking the team or 6 dwarfs trying to get grumpy fired from the gang 🤔🤔

Sunday we will all see 🤔

Edited by coolie

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

You are getting paid to perform,  just like in any job. If you didn't like your boss would you just under-perform until he got sacked?

It seems to work in the civil service.

What is your answer to the team underperforming? You seem to be suggesting a total clear out of coach and players which would ruin Dewsbury. 
But it might work in the civil service

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It's not like a normal job though. We saw the change when Neil Kelly took over from Morrison. Psychology and motivation plays a big part and I think that has been the part that has been missing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Absolutely this happens in the real world. 
I work in management and a big part of your job is knowing how to get the best out of each individual. you need to be flexible and calm under pressure and if your failing to put your message across you need to break it down and explain it in a easier way almost like coaching. 
a bad manager throws the teddy out of the cot and makes rash decisions without much thought and drives a wedge between himself and the staff.
Youngsters coming out of school/college have been taught differently to us older end and they don’t respond to been shouted at and punished,rightly or wrongly that’s how the next generation are been educated in the real world. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

As others have said BSJ rugby isn’t real world and we all know that player power has removed coaches from all a round the world in many different sports.  Players know how to get rid of a coach they don’t like or respect.   One way is to let your opponents score a try every five minutes. Generally works and did the job nicely this time around. 

• Like 1

So. from the comments on this topic we have a bunch of players who have repeatedly thrown away winning money just to eventually get rid of a coach ?????   They may have their grievances but I don't believe any of them are that well off they can afford to deliberately lose money .........

Also, before we start blaming referees maybe the team could try the following:

Keep our thoughts to ourselves and our gobs shut .......... Blackmore, Sykes etc

Stay onside

Get away from the PTB quickly when defending

Pass backwards 

Don't lose good field position by getting taken in to touch on the first tackle

Get the forwards to do their job and NOT have wingers driving in first and second tackles

Those basics alone would see penalties cut down against us AND mean we have more time in possession ..... 

And here's another question to ponder ........ How come we suffer so many injuries season after season ..... That CANNOT be blamed on either the Coach or the Referee ........maybe our conditioning needs looking at ?? or are just continually the most unlucky team in that respect in the Championship ???

Finally........we have our part to play by turning up on the next two Sundays and getting 100% behind the team in those crucial games....... To coin a phrase   "We're all Dewsbury aren't we ?"

• Like 4

Agree with most of your comments but I think:

The wingers need to take the ball in to take the heat off the forwards, but they need to stay away from the touchline

as we appear to have half backs who do not draw a man before they pass, they just move the ball sideways, we need the forwards to try and offload the ball a bit more and get the rest of the team backing up, actually expecting an offload. This must have been banned by greenwood !!

fingers crossed for Sunday,.....

1 hour ago, Therein73 said:

So. from the comments on this topic we have a bunch of players who have repeatedly thrown away winning money just to eventually get rid of a coach ?????   They may have their grievances but I don't believe any of them are that well off they can afford to deliberately lose money .........

Theres a world of difference between throwing games and simply not giving 110%.   Ned had a good team on his first visit for sure but he had a happy team and he knew how to motivate and encourage. How many games did we just pinch by a few points in those days?  That said I don't think these days of short loans and DR help any team integrate and bond as a unit...Winning games would help of course.....

No player throws a game. 

A good coach creates a good culture so the player play greater than the sum of their parts. 

A coach who doesn't create that environment or can't gel with the players create a team that's less than the sum of the parts.

I thought we were pretty poor against Barrow but still only lost by 2 points. 

I listened to Neil Kelly on the radio a few weeks ago. He said he didn't think he was a great coach, but he was a good man manager.

I listened to LG after our last minute drop goal win over Workington. Host asked him if he was excited after the win and he said words to the effect he doesn't get too excited. 

Edited by Wakefield Ram
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, coolie said:

Thaler does drop balls.. He drops clangers.. And not the small ones that live on the moon with the soup dragon either 🤔🤔

Thaler doesn't miss tackles

He misses knock ons, cheap shots, forward passes (his speciality 🤔

Along with his infamous

"6 again" 👊👊👊👊👊

So let's see if it was the guy picking the team or 6 dwarfs trying to get grumpy fired from the gang 🤔🤔

Sunday we will all see 🤔

He gets one look and makes a decision on what he thinks he has seen rightly or wrong refs also don't always  get the support from the touch judges either, hudds Town had two blatant penalties denied and they looked at them half a dozen times, the way your talking seems to me you don't ever miss anything, the RFL are always looking for refs if ye brave enough to step up that is! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

He gets one look and makes a decision on what he thinks he has seen rightly or wrong refs also don't always  get the support from the touch judges either, hudds Town had two blatant penalties denied and they looked at them half a dozen times, the way your talking seems to me you don't ever miss anything, the RFL are always looking for refs if ye brave enough to step up that is! 

So the 2 blatant penalties were looked at a dozen times and still wasn't given, so they can't have been that blatant can they 🤔

Super league refs doing championship games without the technology they heavily rely on to call contentious decisions 

Did the fine referee at Wembley go to the screen to review the 2 incidents as he'd only seen it once, did VAR think they needed another look... The blatant penalty shouts are getting less and less blatant now, to a Huddersfield town supporter obviously hurting after a disastrous weekend for your town, 

We'll see how my mate Ben does on Sunday, I'll have my usual conversation with him and wish him the usual luck I always do 🤔

And we'll see where we are at 4.45pm win lose or draw 🤔

If I get my time over again I'll definitely become a referee 🤔🤔

As I'll then spend less time in hell 🤣

Actually Ben Thaler is a very sociable chap!!  .... whatever the result on Sunday I think he will be in the bar after the game!! .. How many refs do that??

Back on topic though .. I await the squad announcement with interest!

Edited by the old nine ole
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, coolie said:

So the 2 blatant penalties were looked at a dozen times and still wasn't given, so they can't have been that blatant can they 🤔

Super league refs doing championship games without the technology they heavily rely on to call contentious decisions 

Did the fine referee at Wembley go to the screen to review the 2 incidents as he'd only seen it once, did VAR think they needed another look... The blatant penalty shouts are getting less and less blatant now, to a Huddersfield town supporter obviously hurting after a disastrous weekend for your town, 

We'll see how my mate Ben does on Sunday, I'll have my usual conversation with him and wish him the usual luck I always do 🤔

And we'll see where we are at 4.45pm win lose or draw 🤔

If I get my time over again I'll definitely become a referee 🤔🤔

As I'll then spend less time in hell 🤣

Coolie,

First of all I attended the game at Halifax and let’s just leave it there! Secondly I am not a member of any Facebook site and I never will be on the basis that I detest such sites. However I do take a glance. Do me a favour please. We are all hurting. If a fellow supporter C Hirst is obviously also hurting please do not become confrontational. This solves nothing. Let’s all work together. Thank you.

19 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

Actually Ben Thaler is a very sociable chap!!  .... whatever the result on Sunday I think he will be in the bar after the game!! .. How many refs do that??

Back on topic though .. I await the squad announcement with interest!

Known Ben since he was a junior referee, always good gor a laugh and talks straight, approachable and a likeable lad... Until he crosses the whitewash🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Coolie,

First of all I attended the game at Halifax and let’s just leave it there! Secondly I am not a member of any Facebook site and I never will be on the basis that I detest such sites. However I do take a glance. Do me a favour please. We are all hurting. If a fellow supporter C Hirst is obviously also hurting please do not become confrontational. This solves nothing. Let’s all work together. Thank you.

The issue was resolved between me and Chris having a laugh away from the boards and you certainly wasn't  privvy too🤔

Case closed move... We all have 🤔

Edited by coolie

6 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Coolie,

Oh and by the way we still wait with bated breath to the last question you was asked regarding team selections, but you seemed to have gone missing, thought you'd be quite happy about Lee going?? 

Again wait for your response 😁