Whitehaven (H)

Wakefield Ram

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

I'm optimistic if only because we rested some players on Tuesday and the others have had 4 days rest rather than Whitehaven's 2 days.

Plus hopefully a change of coaching regime usually helps. 

If the players are motivated and want to win, then they can

Sykes rested may be.The others seem all injured. I said at the start of season Lee had to go. Which of course i got a lot of stick for .Not because of the number of losses. But the type of rugby played. Just look at the points for  ,not just this season. So that proves the point.Halifax were given the game on a plate. But they moved the ball side to side ,wing to wing until there was an opening. The Rams on a fantastic pitch didn't try to move it. I hope they didn't let the game go,just to get rid of Lee.That would be a disgrace.I think Lee decided on our pitch you had to keep it tight with this one man rugby tripe.Other teams have scored 40'50'60 on our pitch. Relegation would be a disaster.There would be  no guarantee of coming straight back up.

2 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I think if two (or, unlikely) more teams are on the same points at the end of the season with the same points difference, then it goes on the number of tries scored.

I mean in the league places

If (biggest word in the English dictionary) 

If we beat Whitehaven by 4 points will we go above them?? 

Both would be on 6 points🤔

• Like 1

Good first half followed by a poor 2nd half not helped by Ben Thaler again. No card for the 1st half trip on Beharrel nor for obstructing Alex Smith when the ball was kicked through into the in goal. I rarely criticise refs but get the impression that Thaler genuinely doesn't like us or at least some of our players. 

But overall it's our inability to turn pressure near the line into points. E just cant seem to get into 20 plus points which is what's needed to win. But well done to Whitehaven for backing up after Thursdays match. They certainly didn't seem to tire.

Next week is massive now.

Feels like relegation is inevitable. Today's game just like barrow and Newcastle. We always manage to snatch defeat from jaws of victory. Never looked like scoring in the 2nd half.  Even IF we beat London where are the other 3 or 4 wins we will need going to come from?

Rumours of Kear assisting Sykes in some capacity to end of season. 

London recently sacked coach was also at game.

Someone please give me some hope......

56 minutes ago, Heckydave said:

Feels like relegation is inevitable. Today's game just like barrow and Newcastle. We always manage to snatch defeat from jaws of victory. Never looked like scoring in the 2nd half.  Even IF we beat London where are the other 3 or 4 wins we will need going to come from?

I don't see relegation as inevitable just yet ....  As for "give me some hope" I would have thought that first 40 minutes would give everyone hope .... Yes, it fell apart in the 2nd half and the rub of the green wasn't ours so the result wasn't what we needed .... But the IMPROVEMENT was there and we can build on that .... If Sykes can achieve that first 40 minutes after just 2 or 3 training sessions then we must have hope ....  Thought Gabriel was excellent today along with the lad on loan from Halifax. 

• Like 1

Listened to it on radio so difficult to judge  — BUT:-

1) I had doubts when Sykes decided to play instead of taking the overall view from a vantage point in the stand and communicating this to the players at half time or from messages onto the pitch

2) How can the wannabe coach throw out a pass which is intercepted and gives away careless points at a critical time in the game.

3) Nobody wanting to be taken seriously as a coach would talk to the ref in such a way that they get sin binned when there is already one of his players in the bin.

Altogether a frustrating listen and the temporary coach should forget about being made permanent. — probably best to retire now.

• Haha 1

I have no complaints about Thaler’s refereeing today: he did give plenty of set restarts, but to both sides and if the yellow cads hadn’t been issued, it would have made no difference to the result.

We bring about our own downfall in most games and we did so again today. Having two players off for ten minutes within about five minutes of each other was bound to hit us and so it did as they scored two tries in that period. 

I felt that we had much the better of the first half, scoring three tries to just a long range interception one for ‘Haven, but we still lack the killer punch. Peltier might have it, but he is given the ball one pass too soon and from a standing start instead of running onto the ball.

I had hoped that in the second forty we would push for more, but near enough from the off it looked like we wouldn’t and so it proved. Sometimes we have quick passing along the line, but finishing with nobody breaking through; at other times we move so slowly that the opposition is straight upon us. It was poor stuff once more.

As has been suggested above, it might have been better for the interim coach to sit this one out, or at least, come off the substitute’s bench.

Well done to Whitehaven for believing in themselves and coming at us in the second half and grabbing the victory.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Heckydave said:

If 2 go up, which is likely, there won't be any relegation, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

Right here goes 

I’ll start with the positives,when a coach is sacked you want to see a reaction and you could see a noticeable difference in attitude,talk,effort,back slapping it was all there to be seen. First half we should have been out of sight 18-8 really flattered haven  on the back of a good kicking game. 
2nd half the first try was always going to be decisive and after a positive opening 5 minutes you sensed that a try would end the game as a contest but haven hung in and waited for us to implode and we did. The first sin bin was totally unnecessary imo I don’t rate Butterworth or Speakman for that matter and it’s a area we should be better highlighted even more so by havens young hooker Cain Robb who ripped us to bits in that second half.

haven had barely threatened all the game and this was the leg up they needed and they visibly lifted off the back of it.Compound that with the Sykes sin bin and we all knew what was coming.all the positive signs and we were back to been an Ill disciplined side that looked anxious that could neither complete a set or defend one without giving away another set of 6,this is where Sykes,Knowles Beharrell need to earn there corn and settle the team down.

the first hour of the game should give hope but imo lose next week and you start planning for league 1 

52 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

I have no complaints about Thaler’s refereeing today: he did give plenty of set restarts, but to both sides and if the yellow cads hadn’t been issued, it would have made no difference to the result.

We bring about our own downfall in most games and we did so again today. Having two players off for ten minutes within about five minutes of each other was bound to hit us and so it did as they scored two tries in that period. 

I felt that we had much the better of the first half, scoring three tries to just a long range interception one for ‘Haven, but we still lack the killer punch. Peltier might have it, but he is given the ball one pass too soon and from a standing start instead of running onto the ball.

I had hoped that in the second forty we would push for more, but near enough from the off it looked like we wouldn’t and so it proved. Sometimes we have quick passing along the line, but finishing with nobody breaking through; at other times we move so slowly that the opposition is straight upon us. It was poor stuff once more.

As has been suggested above, it might have been better for the interim coach to sit this one out, or at least, come off the substitute’s bench.

Well done to Whitehaven for believing in themselves and coming at us in the second half and grabbing the victory.

This and well done for such a balanced post. He actually caned Haven in the first half with the six again rule.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, myview said:

Listened to it on radio so difficult to judge  — BUT:-

1) I had doubts when Sykes decided to play instead of taking the overall view from a vantage point in the stand and communicating this to the players at half time or from messages onto the pitch

2) How can the wannabe coach throw out a pass which is intercepted and gives away careless points at a critical time in the game.

3) Nobody wanting to be taken seriously as a coach would talk to the ref in such a way that they get sin binned when there is already one of his players in the bin.

Altogether a frustrating listen and the temporary coach should forget about being made permanent. — probably best to retire now.

Points 2 & 3

I thought it was Dixon that threw out the interception pass

I thought sykes was sinbined for pulling back the Whitehaven player going for the ball over the line 

I'm sure someone will put me right if I'm wrong🤔🤔

1 minute ago, horbury ram said:

Reply to my view

The interception pass , was thrown by Davey Dixon

sykes was sin binned for an off the ball tackle not for dissent

So for me , no attendance no opinion !!

Hahahaha snap 

Great minds eh 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, horbury ram said:

So what's the opinion  as regards Mr thaler now..... Still the chosen one, he is in our league for a reason , not right good , doesn't t like us, join james vella, James Smith and the rest 

I know Ben very well. He is a good lad and like me he loves himself. Ben is in the Championship because basically he at the present time cannot pass the required fitness levels for Super Dooper League. Going forward I don’t think he will do. He actually enjoys the lower leagues and reffing like any occupation can be quite political in terms of match selection. Please don’t get yourselves embroiled in the fact that Ben was the problem today. If you do you are are kidding yourselves regarding what the true problems are. Footnote - Control of the game was lost when Dixon threw out a stupid unnecessary interception pass.

Edited by SUPERSTUD
  • Like 1