Leigh at home Thurs

HP Beans

Wow,they looked good yesterday and what a squad they have assembled.

If I’m honest I’m not sure we can stay with them over 80mins but I’m sure Cresta and the team will have a plan.

Looking forward to it.

Up the Raiders.

I remember Steve Neill a few years ago, with his bookie's hat on, stating it's often a good bet to put money on cup winners to lose their next match (and the losers to win theirs)

It's all to to do with the psychology of coming down again after the elation. 

Add the short turnaround and it might be a good opportunity to catch them at something less than their best. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dave W said:

I remember Steve Neill a few years ago, with his bookie's hat on, stating it's often a good bet to put money on cup winners to lose their next match (and the losers to win theirs)

It's all to to do with the psychology of coming down again after the elation. 

Add the short turnaround and it might be a good opportunity to catch them at something less than their best. 

Fingers crossed😉

47 minutes ago, tec said:

I was impressed with Leigh yesterday out muscled Fev. Enjoyed the game and the Challenge Cup Final good close game which could have gone either way. 

Yeah me too tec,thought Huddersfield deserved it.It was very tough on them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HP Beans said:

Fingers crossed😉

I'll admit to clutching at straws. The best thing for our lads to do with these sort of games is treat them as a learning experience. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RawlinsonRaider said:

Hope some of our injuries will have cleared up after a short break but still a big ask against such a good squad.  COYR. 

I’d either go as strong as possible if Cresta believes we are fresh & recovered fully & can win, Go for it…..Or if still a lot of injuries, Rest them all, Take a heavy defeat but go into the Widnes & future games well rested & primed for victories 

• Like 2

Very hard to see us winning this game with the clear quality that Leigh have and after Dewsbury it looks like we have a lot of knocks. Very hard for part time teams to play twice in 3 days, so I think rest out key players and get them fresh for Widnes. 

• Like 1

Was looking forward to travelling up today. I had booked my train ticket but I can't make it.

It's going to be a tough one but I know the lads will do us proud.

COYR 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Got beat 28-30 and should have got a draw. 

Missing Forster, Shaw, Miloudi, Wood, Langtree ect. 

One of the most committed performances I've seen from a Barrow side in a long time. Leigh were physically bigger stronger and faster but we made up for that in effort and determination. 

It's bitter losing but the club can be nothing but proud. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, RSN said:

Got beat 28-30 and should have got a draw. 

Missing Forster, Shaw, Miloudi, Wood, Langtree ect. 

One of the most committed performances I've seen from a Barrow side in a long time. Leigh were physically bigger stronger and faster but we made up for that in effort and determination. 

It's bitter losing but the club can be nothing but proud. 

That about sums up todays game, to say Leigh were rattled is an understatement. Great performance by the whole team, young Saunders looks a hell of a prospect. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RLDB said:

That about sums up todays game, to say Leigh were rattled is an understatement. Great performance by the whole team, young Saunders looks a hell of a prospect. 

He’s 25/26 so not much of a young prospect! Was impressive today nonetheless. 

• Like 2

A draw would have been a fair result today our guys played out of their skins

• Like 1

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Went to today's game thinking we'll do well to keep it down to a 30-point gap - and came away disappointed that we lost by 2 points. That was one of the grittiest performances I've seen by any team - not just Barrow - in a long time. As everybody agrees, Leigh were bigger, stronger and faster - but the fact that they had to rely on a breakaway long distant try to win sums up the Raiders effort. I was proud to be a Barrow fan today -fielding 11 locally-reared and trained lads in a team taking on a full-time squad including a host of expensive full-time overseas players who had just won the 1895 Cup and to lose by a narrowly-missed 35-yard penalty ... a brilliant effort from everyone.

• Like 3

Yet another incredible never say die effort from our patched up group of warriors. The commitment to each other and to the coaching staff and the determination to win at all costs no matter how big the challenge is amazing. Fantastic performance 

• Like 2