Halifax (A)

Wakefield Ram

I think that Kibula's loan has ended. McGowan picked up a knee injury against Barrow and it isn't looking good.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Expect another thrashing with this fixture. We offer little on attack and our defence is suspect at best. 
I wonder if this will be the team that takes to the field:

1 Dixon 

2 Blackmore

3 Ryder

4 Greensmith 

5 Carr

6 Sykes

7 Beharrell 

8 Kidd

9 Butterworth 

10 Beckett

11 Tomlinson

12 Knowles

13 Schofield

14 Speakman

15 Magrin

16 Peltier 

17 Trout

My prediction:

Halifax 44-8 Dewsbury 

FTS: Carr

MoM: Beharrell 

Att: 1345

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Why's it been played on Tuesday? Can't see you troubling Fax tbh

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Why's it been played on Tuesday? Can't see you troubling Fax tbh

More to the point, why would anyone choose to play on Thursday when they have another game on the Sunday?

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Blackmore should be dropped for his idiotic spat with the ref.As daft as it sounds ,that decision could be the difference between staying up and religation.They scored straight after that effort,we had the ruddy ball. Carr every time for me .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silcoates said:

Blackmore should be dropped for his idiotic spat with the ref.As daft as it sounds ,that decision could be the difference between staying up and religation.They scored straight after that effort,we had the ruddy ball. Carr every time for me .

Add in a couple of lost balls in possession and trying to barge his way over from 10 metres on 6th tackling and being stopped 5m short and agree. But no Gabriel, so no choice. 

Reflecting on our defeat last time out against Barrow Raiders, Greenwood said “I think that was a missed opportunity, if we’d had taken some of our chances at the crucial point in the game then we’d have won, instead they took their one chance late and won by a couple of points.”

Interesting comments.....who made the decision to run the penalty rather than take the 2 pounts!!!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KC Ram said:

Why no Gabriel, he is shown as being in the squad on the website? Has he pulled out since?

Confusing. The squad on the "flyer" shows 21 players and Gabriel isn't included. the list accompanying it shows 22 players, including Gabriel.

I do hope that this isn't an issue of administration; that would be most unusual.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Confusing. The squad on the "flyer" shows 21 players and Gabriel isn't included. the list accompanying it shows 22 players, including Gabriel.

I do hope that this isn't an issue of administration; that would be most unusual.

Issue with administration 🤔

Would we really do something as daft 🤔😉

Awful, feel for those poor souls who went and had to suffer the worst, droning chant in sport.... Oh Ali, Ali, 🤢

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

We were two of the few that went, without doubt one of the poorest performances I have witnessed over the past 20+ years of supporting. The issues liie with the coaching, or apparent lack of it:

No set plays whatever

No running onto the ball , every ball passed is to a player standing still

Half backs running down blind alleys, not drawing men before passing, throwing long cut out passes to already covered wingers and the almost inevitable interception pass

These are just the tip of the iceberg, the players appear to have no confidence in the coach, who appears just to sit in the dugout. No shouting, cajoling or any sort of encouragement comes from him ,at any point either before or during the game.

If he is not bothered then he needs to go, that is now, a few are saying see what happens over the next two matches, lose them the season is done, and relegation is almost certain.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Awful, feel for those poor souls who went and had to suffer the worst, droning chant in sport.... Oh Ali, Ali, 🤢

Nah new songs this season. Ohhhhhhhh Lachlan Walmsley ooh aah, I wanna knooooow if you'll score a try. So pleased as its deffo an upgrade on the oh ali ali chants and I used to be so jealous that Saints fans used to sing it to Darren Albert.

That was absolutely terrible.

I think we completed one set in the first half, but we surpass all others I think, with the number of times we knock on. The penalty count against was something like 12-4. I am not sure which was worse, our lack of ideas with ball in hand (not that we kept hold of it when we had it), or our shocking defence.
As the score suggests, we were inept in all departments and it would have been worse had their goal kickers - three of them, been able to convert more of their tries.

To win on Sunday…we’ll just now I can’t see it happening. Whitehaven will be rubbing their hands, thinking victory will be theirs and I wouldn’t count against it.

Edited by Crown Flatter
Legs, Dews, Legs.

11 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

and it would have been worse had their goal kickers - three of them, been able to concert more of their tries.

78 - 0 😱

4 hours ago, myview said:

The season long message from the players just got deafening !

And this :

Bobby123

Another outlandish result at Halifax. Please do not complain about falling attendances. There are far too many such results. No good for the game !!

Sad.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

10 hours ago, myview said:

The season long message from the players just got deafening !

Are they simply innocent bystanders then?

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 1