FRANCE ELITE 2 SEMI FINALS

Hello Everyone,

Well whilst most were at the CC Final in London i actually went to the 2 French Elite 2 semi finals at Baho and Pia over the weekend.

The first match on Saturday at BAHO was brilliant around 1500 even a samba dancer band dancing dragons fire crackers (Before there was an U17 match between Baho and Toulouse) 

Yesterday at Pia was brill  must have been around 3500/4000 great match v Ille Sur Tet the atmosphere was fantastic saw Jacques Jorda and his son Guy Delaney good chat at both matches with Luc,standard was far higher than i expected would say lower championship higher league 1 some great tries in both matches and some really promising young players.

I really enjoy the dragons home matches however i must say that yesterday at Pia was the best atmosphere of any rugby league match i have been to for years massive party afterwards as well sadly i had to leave to get back home.

If anyone wants some videos I took on my phone please message me and i will send on what's app (Vids are of the ambiance not the matches:)

Cheers 

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Anyone know anything about Phoenix de Tonneins, who’ve just been promoted to Elite 2? I was wondering if they’re a re-formed club, from their name. Looks like they’re from further North than a lot of the clubs too. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Anyone know anything about Phoenix de Tonneins, who’ve just been promoted to Elite 2? I was wondering if they’re a re-formed club, from their name. Looks like they’re from further North than a lot of the clubs too. 

They have a website that has a history section that goes back to the formation of the game in France. 

https://www.tonneins13.fr/le-club/

Google can translate if required.

Also Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonneins_XIII

Here's the town's location:

tonneins.png

• Thanks 2

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

This just reminds me of all my trips to see matches like these.

Great stuff ... keep it coming as everything France seems a distant memory now!

• Like 2

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Thery were in the Elite 1 competition back in the 198O's. They had an outstanding forward who later joined Wigan,Halifax and Castleford

GaelTallec

Edited by audois
  • Thanks 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

On 30/05/2022 at 16:05, barnyia said:

The four teams in the semis would be close to the play offs in elite 1! 

Not surprising considering Pia and Baho got the players that Saint Esteve let go. Young guys with 100 Elite 1 games. 

3 hours ago, audois said:

Thery were in the Elite 1 competition back in the 198O's. They had an outstanding forward who later joined Wigan,Halifax and Castleford

GaelTallec

I'm sure they played in elite 1 in  the 2000's for a season and Villeneuve where their local derby  

12 minutes ago, barnyia said:

I'm sure they played in elite 1 in  the 2000's for a season and Villeneuve where their local derby  

They did and I remember seeing them at Toulouse best players were 2 brothers I think one is now the president.

Paul

I presume that Tonniens will be in Elite 2 next term? Good for them and the comp

Pia have been pushed all the way lately. The younger Miloudi - Amine was on form for Ille with 7 goals -one a drop and a try. The Final now not going to Lezignan. First talk of the St Esteve ground but now talking about Stade Brutus.

Having Pia back surely in Elite 1 in 2023. The game in the region has grown on the back of the Dragons. And that continues year on and year on.

• Like 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

On 01/06/2022 at 13:20, ATLANTISMAN said:

Pia have made emormous strides.

Quick one Gordon one of my boys is back in England this half term and the wife wants a night off on Friday this means i have a spare VIP if you want to join us .

David will be there also.

Paul

I'm in Toulouse tomorrow unfortunately.

Those days with you and David in Carcassonne and St Esteve! 

Thanks for thinking about me.

Hopefully we can meet up soon

Hopefully 10. Pia will be promoted even if they lose the grand final, St Gaudens will stay in elite 1, hopefully Villeneuve will manage to keep some players and stay in elite, if Villeneuve would have had all their juniors playing juniors instead of first grade they'd have at least reached the u19s grand final. So hopefully this year will be a transition year with a young team that will be a very good team in a couple of years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Elite 2 final has just reached HT.  It is available, with sound but no commentary, via this link:

Elite 2 - Elite 2 - Finale : Pia vs Baho en direct vidéo - Rugby à XIII - Treize Mondial

I think Baho lead Pia by 12 points to 6 at the break.  I discovered it about five minutes before the break!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

The Elite 2 final has just reached HT.  It is available, with sound but no commentary, via this link:

Elite 2 - Elite 2 - Finale : Pia vs Baho en direct vidéo - Rugby à XIII - Treize Mondial

I think Baho lead Pia by 12 points to 6 at the break.  I discovered it about five minutes before the break!

Thanks for this. Looks a decent crowd, a couple of thousand at least, and making plenty of noise. 

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Thanks for this. Looks a decent crowd, a couple of thousand at least, and making plenty of noise. 

Yes, i thought it looked pretty respectable and was certainly noisy!

• Like 1