Podcast’s you’re currently listening to

I apologise if this has done before or is being done elsewhere. But what podcasts do you listen to and where do you listen to them. Most of the time for me it’s when i go to bed at night, I’ll listen to a couple of RL podcasts if i can whilst at work.
Depending on my mood i have a different selection. 
my current list is in no particular order.

“Most Notorious”. “Heroes & Howlers”. 
 “Trailer Park Boys Presents : Park After Dark”. “Dearly Departed”. “Footsteps Of The Fallen”. “The Anglo Boer War 1899-1902”. “Dear Joan & Jericha”. 

• 2 months later...

Stevie's Brain Rot is back for a third season: https://brainrot.libsyn.com/website 

All about Eighties horror movies. Following a special (interviewing Mick Garris), episode 1 proper discusses 1980's Motel Hell, with guests Stephen Fry and Joel McHale.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Apart from Stevie's Brain Rot, I also subscribe to Danny Baker's Treehouse, Len Kabasinski's Forgotten Movie Den and Kermode & Mayo's Take.

That's it for the regular listens, but I also pick and choose episodes of Out to Lunch with Jay Rayner, depending on who his guest is.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Apart from Stevie's Brain Rot, I also subscribe to Danny Baker's Treehouse, Len Kabasinski's Forgotten Movie Den and Kermode & Mayo's Take.

That's it for the regular listens, but I also pick and choose episodes of Out to Lunch with Jay Rayner, depending on who his guest is.

subscribe?  does that mean you have to pay to listen? or just register an account?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

49 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

subscribe?  does that mean you have to pay to listen? or just register an account?

In some cases, subscription means payment. In other, it just means you register free to get a notification when the next episode's ready to listen to. 

In the case of Len Kabasinski, the podcasts are on a Patreon page, and my £2 per month goes towards funding his next sub-microbudget film project.  

Kermode & Mayo's take is free, but there's a second podcast per week if you pay for it. Stevie's Brain Rot has a similar setup and in both cases I just listen to the free material.

In other cases, a paid sub gets you early access to something that will be free some time later. In others, a paid option gives you access to bonus (non-podcast) material, like blogs, articles, videos etc.

There really are lots of variations. In some paid cases, there is more than one price, with the lower amount getting you just the podcast and the higher price getting you access to extra content, special offers, discounts...

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I’ve added “This Is A Disaster” to my list, i have listened too the first two episodes. The problem is i only really listen to my podcasts when i go to bed, which means i miss half the stories and have to restart them again. 

• Like 1

I forgot to mention the Ringheads podcast, which I also follow. Ringheads is what you get when two comedy writers got far too deep into all things Tolkien during lockdown.

Funny, irreverent and goes into the kind of detail that, in the hands of serious fans, might get tedious.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Here's a dump of what I'm currently following - pre Covid I had a 3 hour daily round trip commute so could keep on top of things, now with permanently working from home it's much more of a challenge so quite a few get skipped/fast forwarded!

The Rugby League Digest

Eddie & Stevo The Podcast

FiveThirtyEight Politics

Out of Your League

Adrift with Geoff Lloyd & Annabel Port

5 Live Rugby League

The Chuck Toddcast: Meet the Press

Pod Save the World

Pod Save America

Lovett or Leave It

Hacks on Tap

Comedy Slab

Why is this Happening? with Chris Hayes

What's your problem with Nick & Carol

Nick Abbot - The Whole Show

The Frank Skinner Show

Avtalk - Aviation Podcast

OH GOD, WHAT NOW?

What would Brian Bevan say?

Lakeside Drive F1 Podcast

F1: Chequered Flag

Rugby Reloaded

Signals to Danger

My standard listens on my commutes:

Football:

Phil Hay Show (twice weekly)

The Square Ball (including the Match Ball, Propaganda x2 and the Weekly show)

Rugby:

5 Live RL pod

Used to listen to House of Rugby/The Good the Bad and the Rugby but not so much now

F1:

WTF1 Podcast

History:

The Rest is History 

We Have Ways of Making You Talk

General:

Athletico Mince (bit unfair to call this a football pod I thought!)

Edited by Tommygilf