Josh Charnley to Leigh

11 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

I've clearly missed the joke here, please explain

He is relating to Australian foodstuffs, there is one thing for sure though he won't have the need of getting used to Kendall Mint Cake and Grassmere Gingerbread or any other Cumbrian Delicacy😋

13 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Not a good move, if true for a top player who could still make the England WC squad.

Leigh seems to be a place good players go to finish their career- JC has a good 4 years left at the top - very sad.

He is a mile off the England WC squad

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Not a good move, if true for a top player who could still make the England WC squad.

Leigh seems to be a place good players go to finish their career- JC has a good 4 years left at the top - very sad.

Its no longer 2016 ,his time has well gone and from what I have seen he has done well to get a contract at Leigh

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

He is relating to Australian foodstuffs, there is one thing for sure though he won't have the need of getting used to Kendall Mint Cake and Grassmere Gingerbread or any other Cumbrian Delicacy😋

Kendal with one ‘ l ‘ Harold . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

The post says he is keen to stay in the North West.

Where else would he go? He's obviously not wanted at Warrington, and he's not going to be signed by Wigan or Saints.

Looks like a good signing to me. Leigh already planning for SL, eh?

13 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

The post says he is keen to stay in the North West.

Where else would he go? He's obviously not wanted at Warrington, and he's not going to be signed by Wigan or Saints.

Looks like a good signing to me. Leigh already planning for SL, eh?

I think either way, Leigh will need to rebalance the squad to get more in line with SL overseas rules, and an English winger would be a good place to start, given I doubt Inu will be playing next season.

He's a bit of a tool but as stated, he's English and has International and SL experience. 

Leigh have already secured the services of some of their overseas players (awaiting groans) so why not. 

It won't be the first tool Leigh have signed and he might do well should he sign. 

28 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

He's a bit of a tool but as stated, he's English and has International and SL experience. 

Leigh have already secured the services of some of their overseas players (awaiting groans) so why not. 

It won't be the first tool Leigh have signed and he might do well should he sign. 

I’m not sure why he’s a tool? He has some negatives for sure… he wastes time when he could be playing the ball more quickly and isn’t great at defending kicks behind him, but apart from that he’s well above average.

Powell has plenty of decent young players coming through at Warrington. Connor Wrench is a centre/back row but his lightning pace and step has meant Powell has promised him Charnley’s spot. He’ll be on about a quarter of the salary too.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

1 hour ago, Snowys Backside said:

Why is he a tool?

He’s not the player he once was but still effective at Super League level and certainly would be at Championship level, too, if Leigh aren’t to win promotion. 

Looks like Beaumont is committed to spending next season regardless of the division Leigh are in. 

17 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

Charnley was wasted to a large extent under Price, just a battering ram “in yardage”.  Overall he’s been great though and I wish him well in the future.

Exactly that. 

The analogy being - Why use a Ferrari to plough a field!? He always brought the ball out strongly but I,m sure I am not alone  in saying I got annoyed at his post-contact antics, always trying to milk a penalty. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jughead said:

He’s not the player he once was but still effective at Super League level and certainly would be at Championship level, too, if Leigh aren’t to win promotion. 

Looks like Beaumont is committed to spending next season regardless of the division Leigh are in. 

It was confirmed in the Ferguson press release that he was committing to funding a SL team regardless, which to be honest is the only way we're going to stay up. It does make a refreshing change that we are sorting recruitment early for a change, rather than panic buying in October. 

22 hours ago, Damien said:

Why is he a tool?

I take it you didn't see some of his infamous Media posts whilst as a Wigan player some years ago?  We grow and learn. Nowt against the lad and can put in the graft for sure, and living in Warrington for 30 years I certainly don't need another shoulder to cry on. Wire are currently playing well below their weight but my neighbours fully know my roots. If he wore the cherry and white, I will be cheering him on for sure 👍