Regan Grace

14 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

What does it profit a man, if he gains the whole world, but suffers the loss of his own soul?

Come on, Canberra is not that bad.

• Haha 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

Saying we're twice when referring to union confirms that you are a union fan. I knew you wasn't a fan of TTG, and i thought you was a fumbleball fan, but 100% i knew you wasn't one of us.

I could feel myself losing brain cells just reading that.

BTW, though I am neither a RU or Aussie Rules fan, this sort of gate keeping is a great way to turn potential fans away…

Edited by The Great Dane

44 minutes ago, The Great Dane said:

I could feel myself losing brain cells just reading that.

BTW, though I am neither a RU or Aussie Rules fan, this sort of gate keeping is a great way to turn potential fans away…

After reading your previous efforts on here I'm not sure you have the brain cells to lose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

hes not good enough for the NRL- if ryan hall could hardly get a start a couple of years ago then grace has no chance

Ryan Hall was recovering from a serious injury and, even now, he's not the player he was.

In full flow, Regan Grace is dynamite. There's no substitute for pace and he's not just a straight-line runner.

Edited by Wolford6
  • Like 3

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

8 hours ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

In point of fact, it is part of the RFL's constitution. See here:

"The objects of the Rugby Football League as set out in Constitution are:

(a) to foster, govern, develop, organise and manage the Game, in respect of all age groups, at all levels and for both sexes, in Great Britain and Ireland;"

Rugby League (rugby-league.com)

And here is whats wrong with rugby league if this is true.

No wonder why the game in Scotland is a joke.

Not sure that the RFL are in charge of the Welsh or Irish game.

Infact the touring GB squad was ran by England and had no other nations (with the exception of a few convicts).

19 hours ago, dkw said:

After reading your previous efforts on here I'm not sure you have the brain cells to lose.

It’s not my fault that you lot are totally ignorant about the state of Australian RL and utterly delusional about English RL’s position.

To be honest with you I used to have hope for English RL, then I came on here and interacted with English RL fans, and it became clear why English RL is screwed and always will be…

It’s like Australian soccer actually; anytime positive change is possible it’s own fans and supporters sabotage it in favour of an unachievable ideal.

• Haha 3

On 04/06/2022 at 15:58, The Great Dane said:

It’s not my fault that you lot are totally ignorant about the state of Australian RL and utterly delusional about English RL’s position.

To be honest with you I used to have hope for English RL, then I came on here and interacted with English RL fans, and it became clear why English RL is screwed and always will be…

It’s like Australian soccer actually; anytime positive change is possible it’s own fans and supporters sabotage it in favour of an unachievable ideal.

Wow,you really are full of your own self importance.

• Like 1

On 04/06/2022 at 15:58, The Great Dane said:

I don’t watch the Aussie RL what is wrong with it ?. 

On 03/06/2022 at 16:23, graveyard johnny said:

hes not good enough for the NRL- if ryan hall could hardly get a start a couple of years ago then grace has no chance

Reagan Grace is better than some wingers getting a start in the NRL at present. It's not about being Xavier Coates just being good enough to hold a first grade spot is fine.

On 01/06/2022 at 23:33, Pie tries said:

Various Welsh RU papers reporting RG been offered to Welsh clubs.

What utter garbage - Grace hasn't been offered to anyone. The truth is he's been 'tapped up' by the Rah Rah's. They tried last year but he signed a 12 month extension to stay at Saints. 

Saints have offered him a new contract and the club have come out publicly to say they desperately want him to stay. The offer from Yawnion is apparently £130K / Yr. Saints have since made a 'counter offer' and Woolf said last week in an interview for Saints TV that the 'Ball's in his court now' to make a decision. 

• Like 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

9 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

What utter garbage - Grace hasn't been offered to anyone. The truth is he's been 'tapped up' by the Rah Rah's. They tried last year but he signed a 12 month extension to stay at Saints. 

Saints have offered him a new contract and the club have come out publicly to say they desperately want him to stay. The offer from Yawnion is apparently £130K / Yr. Saints have since made a 'counter offer' and Woolf said last week in an interview for Saints TV that the 'Ball's in his court now' to make a decision. 

I hope he stays, going back will kill him.

30 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Is Woolf staying ?. 

1 hour ago, Josef K said:

Is Woolf staying ?. 

He refused to confirm or deny it when asked. Apparently he's been talking with 2 NRL clubs, one is the Dolphins as assistant to Bennett (with a view to then taking over as head coach in 2024), and the other is an as yet un-named club (although rumours are it could be Melbourne but it depends on when Bellamy decides to go).

• Like 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

He refused to confirm or deny it when asked. Apparently he's been talking with 2 NRL clubs, one is the Dolphins as assistant to Bennett (with a view to then taking over as head coach in 2024), and the other is an as yet un-named club (although rumours are it could be Melbourne but it depends on when Bellamy decides to go).

Or Gold Coast maybe with the slump they’re in. I hope Saints are asking around for another coach just in case. 

4 hours ago, Josef K said:

Or Gold Coast maybe with the slump they’re in. I hope Saints are asking around for another coach just in case. 

doubt it after gold coast had their fingers burnt with Watkins wasting their time and money and the Wigan dud too

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

8 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

£130,000?  What could Saints reasonably stretch to?

On 03/06/2022 at 19:34, The Great Dane said:

Canberra is a bloody paradise compared to Northern England.

Thats a pretty big generalisation lad. Canberra has some really nice places but even in Oz is classed as a boring place to live with not a lot going for it.

If your classing the North of England as places like Cheshire, York, the Dale's, the lakes etc then your miles off. 

Just because you play for a team doesn't mean you have to live in that town - its like saying if you signed for say Paramatta, Newcastle, Souths etc you would have to live in the same rough areas as the team is based- no RL player on good money would live in say Paramatta - awfully place.

10 hours ago, fighting irish said:

I hope he stays, going back will kill him.

When he was younger and just starting out in the game he hated not seeing the ball - hence why he loved league so much more than union. Money may well talk but at heart Regan is an Rl player. Whatever he chooses I wish him well. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

When he was younger and just starting out in the game he hated not seeing the ball - hence why he loved league so much more than union. Money may well talk but at heart Regan is an Rl player. Whatever he chooses I wish him well. 

Absolutely- we all do !

16 minutes ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

I wish him well too.

He's a great (kid) fella.

I just don't want him to regret his decision.

Life's too precious to make huge mistakes.

He's a great player but the nature of their game is such that he will have very few opportunities to display his worth and boredom is likely to set in.

He will not be able (without the ball) to bring his abilities to bear and overcome any ill luck, that may befall him. 

If he is unlucky in the early days and things don't go immediately in his favour, they will quickly brand him as a failure and leave him languishing in the reserves, until his spirit is broken.

He doesn't deserve that.

He's a player who thrives on having the ball in his hands, with a little room to run.

I've complained that even Saints haven't provided him with enough passes to let him truly shine.

He'll get far less on the dark side.

• Like 1