Thurs 2nd June: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Barrow rested Forster, Wood and Morrow and had Stack on the bench with debutant Connor Saunders as replacement hooker .. he got Barrows mom and looks a good prospect. To be honest all the Barrow side were mom today. Leigh were bigger stronger and faster but our lads had more grit and determination and were efinitely up for it. Great game

• Like 2

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

1 hour ago, Bring back GB said:

Barrow desperately unlucky. From 0-18 and looking like a thrashing to being 28-24 ahead with 5 mins left until Ferguson scored a 60m interception, then we missed a 35m penalty for a draw !!!!! Gonna be tough to lift ourselves for Widnes on sunday !!!!!  Same for all clubs though - crazy this fixture list !!!!

You have nothing to worry about were Widnes are concerned.  All Barrow need to do is come out and start aggressively and Widnes will just roll over.  I expect it to be game over after 20 mins and Barrow to win by around 50 points.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Leigh dodged a bullet there, how often do you see teams lose after winning a final.

Leigh players on a short turnaround with multiple players rested and probably still rough as toast. Happy to get the 2 points.

Another load of cobblers from Widnes today. Admittedly both teams were a bit rubbish for the first half. But too many errors, dumb ass offloads and penalties didn't help. Next is Barrow away, then York at home. Can't see us getting owt out of them. 

We need a new coach to shake the place up. Tomorrow would be good. Although rumour says we don't want to pay a lot and the 'winner' can't bring their own staff. Not holding my breath. 

So Towns first win, very nervous crowd for the last 10 minutes, we were 3 scores ahead with 3 minutes to, in possession in their 20 and everyone in the crowd still looked terrified 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Couldn’t access the commentary today so FlashScore was giving me a heart attack, Sooooo unlucky today & should have kept the ball under yer jumper instead of pressing & got caught out, Great efforts though Barrow Att 2422

1 hour ago, binosh said:

Leigh dodged a bullet there, how often do you see teams lose after winning a final.

Leigh players on a short turnaround with multiple players rested and probably still rough as toast. Happy to get the 2 points.

You bet they dodged a bullet considering Barrow had Forster, Shaw, Miloudi, Wood, Langtree missing & had 11 local lads on that pitch today  & just come up a division, Good attendance of 2422 👏👏

Hope we continue to build the infrastructure & add some muscle to the pack next season as we have been light all season due to the Walne Brothers retiring just before the season started. 

Great effort from thunder, we had 6 academy lads in the 17 today, 2 were making their debuts, we had alot of experianced 1st teamers missing, which has been the case alot this season, sheffield at home on sunday is a massive game, hopefuly we get the win.

1 hour ago, Thunder fan said:

Great effort from thunder, we had 6 academy lads in the 17 today, 2 were making their debuts, we had alot of experianced 1st teamers missing, which has been the case alot this season, sheffield at home on sunday is a massive game, hopefuly we get the win.

Good luck for rest of season you've got an excellent set up at Kingston Park.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Playing Dewsbury and playing Leigh are completely different games,you will be too strong for Fax especially at Home.

We rested 7 from the weekend and it almost cost us yesterday. We were poor ball in hand and allowed Barrow back in it and they took the chance well

1 hour ago, Bring back GB said:

Barrow rested a few also

Barrow hadn’t won a cup final followed by a few days on the lash. We dodged a bullet with eyes on Sunday after allowing Barrow back in the game at 18-0 the young hooker was outstanding for you btw

we take the 2, have our spine back on Sunday and hopefully make the Featherstone game a battle for top spot the week after

14 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Barrow hadn’t won a cup final followed by a few days on the lash.

A few days ?  I doubt whether any club would be so unprofessional these days.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Any team with Sammut in it is a worry for us , and Barrow have proven they've got the quality to back him up this year , happy with the points , the top looking ' all square ' GD wise after the half way mark , just the one point difference , can us and Fev avoid all the ' banana skins ' still to come and have a 2 match shoot out for top spot ? 

Decided Im going to the Leigh game, was not going to bother as I thought it would be a walk over(may still be) but with Leigh struggling yesterday and tough schedule and the chance to play on that nice wide pitch when we are in great form should at least make it so we see some good rugby.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Decided Im going to the Leigh game, was not going to bother as I thought it would be a walk over(may still be) but with Leigh struggling yesterday and tough schedule and the chance to play on that nice wide pitch when we are in great form should at least make it so we see some good rugby.

Best pitch in British RL and Fax play some good stuff. Throw Caution to the wind. You are more than capable! 

Always had time for Fax. Gutted I can't be there. I'd take a 1 point win. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Barrow hadn’t won a cup final followed by a few days on the lash. We dodged a bullet with eyes on Sunday after allowing Barrow back in the game at 18-0 the young hooker was outstanding for you btW

He’s been playing NWML for Ulverston all season before yesterday. On that showing I don’t know why none of the Cumbrian sides haven’t taken a punt sooner. 

Edited by Jarc

4 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Best pitch in British RL and Fax play some good stuff. Throw Caution to the wind. You are more than capable! 

Always had time for Fax. Gutted I can't be there. I'd take a 1 point win. 

Not according to 2 skulls. 😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

Not according to 2 skulls. 😉

I remember people stating that Headingley was the best in the Early 90's but wasn't a patch on Belle View.

One for Sir Kev to ponder. Belle View had a better players bar too 😂😂

Wonder who 2SK supports? 🤔 

Joking Snowy , Kear said that Knights Desso hybrid pitch was the best playing surface he had come across , did not do us any good against yourselves earlier this season......not many would have been able to play that day in those conditions.