Sat 4th June : SL : Castleford Tigers v Wigan Warriors KO 14:00 CH4

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Wigan Warriors

How they stopped Trueman scoring just now, I don't know.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Pearl seals the deal!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Faz grabs a late one.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Typical bleedin' Wigan - they can't even do a post-Cup Final hangover performance properly! :kolobok_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Average game and one that it was easy to lose interest in. Really poor from Cas. They just gave up.

Wigan scored a few nice tries, but I thought they looked pretty clunky.

I suppose they'll only care about picking up the two points and moving forward. 

Not a game to really remember. 

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Mark S said:

How good is Helen Skelton at presenting? Adds a breath of fresh air to the proceedings. 

Not just Helen. The whole presentation puts Sky to shame. One commentator who talks about the game and one co-commentator who adds value without taking over. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Mark S said:

How good is Helen Skelton at presenting? Adds a breath of fresh air to the proceedings. 

Loved the way that when she was interviewing Marshall she just casually said to him "go on, give them a wave" as the Wigan fans were celebrating. It was just done so naturally.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

4 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Not just Helen. The whole presentation puts Sky to shame. One commentator who talks about the game and one co-commentator who adds value without taking over. 

They don't try to pretend the game is something it is not, i.e. "where's Bateman, still in the pub", Sky would be going on and on about ultimate professionalism, pretending the Wigan squad didn't go on the lash for a few days after winning the cup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnh1 said:

Yep. But this is Wigan you are talking about.

Child once sin binned a Giants player 2 mins into a pre-season friendly for persistent offside, one the 2nd offence, yet is incapable of binning a Wigan player after the 30th offence 

Go figure.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Ant said:

Child once sin binned a Giants player 2 mins into a pre-season friendly for persistent offside, one the 2nd offence, yet is incapable of binning a Wigan player after the 30th offence 

Go figure.

I figure....you are wrong and you have a chip on your shoulder.....😀

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I figure....you are wrong and you have a chip on your shoulder.....😀

Wrong about what? 

That he seems incapable of sin-binning a Wigan player? Evidence shows otherwise.