Sun 5th June : SL : Wakefield Trinity v Hull FC KO 15:00

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Hull FC

Oooh. Golden point to come.

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

MILLER!

YES!

19-18

• Like 2

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Wakey were lousey for well over 60 mins. When connor went off injured , Hull seem to fall to bits and Wakey seemed to push them much harder. Not the best quality but a great game for the neutral.

Also think this is the first ever golden point Wakey have won. Luke Gale tried to win it for Hull twice , but he is not the same player now he has lost his comb over.

Great games again from Murphey and Hall, twp ypung rising stars hope the club can keep hold pf them.

same old wakey - just do enough to survive year in year out- season after season - and rely on someone been a bit  worse than them - tiresome to say the least - relegating tolouse after all the efforts and strides  made in france would be a travesty 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Massive result for Wakefield, fair play to them for getting a result when people have started to question them. Opens up a four point gap on Toulouse, which is a nice amount of breathing space for now, though nowhere near comfortable enough yet. Two huge games up next for Wakefield against the two teams directly above them and a few tough looking games against Cas and Wigan for Toulouse. 

On the subject of Toulouse, nice city, great weekend but presently, it’s not working. Their attendances are, frankly, a blatant lie and it all feels very “London Broncos in Super League”. Yes, if we get it right it might yield a nice TV deal that sees Rugby League televised in France but it feels very much like we’re just hoping it magically happens and don’t have any plan as to how that will be achieved. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

There is no serious growth without France and IMG aren´t going to throw that away. Toulouse will be in when we get organised in two years. It gives Wakefield a year to have new developement and commercial income up and running to show they can be an asset to the sport. 

Yes you never know, IMG may even resurrect the Calder concept

2 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

Wakey were lousey for well over 60 mins. When connor went off injured , Hull seem to fall to bits and Wakey seemed to push them much harder. Not the best quality but a great game for the neutral.

Also think this is the first ever golden point Wakey have won. Luke Gale tried to win it for Hull twice , but he is not the same player now he has lost his comb over.

Great games again from Murphey and Hall, twp ypung rising stars hope the club can keep hold pf them.

Not too much to argue with there, we weren't great and once Connor went off we seemed to lose our ability to compete and close down the game.

Well done to Wakey, no arguments from me, pleased for Jacob Miller to get the GP drop goal. I know how it feels to win a GP game and now the Wakey lot do too and their delight was plain to see.

• Like 4
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

Not sure I'd go as far as to say  Wakey were lousy although I genuinely didn't think they had the forward power to make field position or the ability to execute and had resigned myself to a loss at 60-65 mins (and even before kick off if I'm honest). It would be an understatement to say I'm utterly delighted to have been proved wrong.

I know one coach (Tony Smith?) said maximum effort is the minimum requirement but I was also delighted to see that there was effort in bucket loads throughout the game from Wakey (and from Hull too I thought to be fair).

We were for an hour pretty rubbish but as predicted just like usual we dragged Hull down to our level and then nicked it late on. Fair to say Connor going off helped us as did a few of the refs calls. Certainly needed that though. Back it up against an awful Warrington team next week and it should see us in the way to safety. 

Edited by Wakey Til I Die

27 minutes ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Fair to say Connor going off helped us as did a few of the refs calls.  

Considering what a great game James Batchelor had I reckon Lyne going off indirectly helped us a bit too. 

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Time to scrap golden point. Caused me to miss the rail replacement bus from Westgate station and it started siling down. Really put the tin lid on the day.

Hull looked comfortably in control to me until Connor went off. From that point on we were an utter shambles, error after error, set restarts and penalties late in the tackle count. Still despite that the team dug in and gave Luke Gale two chances to win the game.  The first attempt was poor and the second was a shocker. Miller's on the other hand was a textbook strike and you couldn't argue Wakefield didn't deserve it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

4 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Time to scrap golden point. Caused me to miss the rail replacement bus from Westgate station and it started siling down. Really put the tin lid on the day.

Hull looked comfortably in control to me until Connor went off. From that point on we were an utter shambles, error after error, set restarts and penalties late in the tackle count. Still despite that the team dug in and gave Luke Gale two chances to win the game.  The first attempt was poor and the second was a shocker. Miller's on the other hand was a textbook strike and you couldn't argue Wakefield didn't deserve it.

And, to complete your miserable day, you had to pay to get in...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)