Sun 5th June : SL : Wakefield Trinity v Hull FC KO 15:00

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Hull FC

4 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Not the result for the expansionist but Wakefield always capable of picking up Points like this. 

Fair play and well done 

It's the PERFECT result for the expansionist.

Why would anyone want 2 teams in the ###### of Hull?

Getting rid of a heartland club doesn't equal expansion.

Expansion builds in what we've got. It doesn't replace it.

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

And, to complete your miserable day, you had to pay to get in...

Even worse, I missed your round.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

5 minutes ago, dboy said:

It's the PERFECT result for the expansionist.

Why would anyone want 2 teams in the ###### of Hull?

Getting rid of a heartland club doesn't equal expansion.

Expansion builds in what we've got. It doesn't replace it.

You have lost me (other than I don't think you like 2 very well supported teams from Hull) 

My comment was aimed at Toulouse. 

19 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Time to scrap golden point. Caused me to miss the rail replacement bus from Westgate station and it started siling down. Really put the tin lid on the day.

Hull looked comfortably in control to me until Connor went off. From that point on we were an utter shambles, error after error, set restarts and penalties late in the tackle count. Still despite that the team dug in and gave Luke Gale two chances to win the game.  The first attempt was poor and the second was a shocker. Miller's on the other hand was a textbook strike and you couldn't argue Wakefield didn't deserve it.

Agree about Golden point. Should never exist in a League involving relegation. Stupid rule. 

11 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

You have lost me (other than I don't think you like 2 very well supported teams from Hull) 

My comment was aimed at Toulouse. 

How does any club, any where, losing and dropping out promote expansion?

That's contraction.

Expansion means building on what we've got.

If, as you seem to suggest, expansion is to be measured geographically, you wouldn't have 2 teams in the same city. So Hull beating Wfd would be anti-expansionist, ultimately.

You'd want them in Perpignan, Toulouse, London...Toronto. 

5 minutes ago, dboy said:

How does any club, any where, losing and dropping out promote expansion?

That's contraction.

Expansion means building on what we've got.

If, as you seem to suggest, expansion is to be measured geographically, you wouldn't have 2 teams in the same city. So Hull beating Wfd would be anti-expansionist, ultimately.

You'd want them in Perpignan, Toulouse, London...Toronto. 

It has settled down of late, but there are huge numbers of posters creaming themselves wanting Toulouse to stay up. 

I've, been. Nice place. Crowd announced as 3k and more like 600 on, but that's there issue. 

Both Hull clubs have History in abundance. No comparison. 

If Toulouse stay up on merit, fair play. If they don't, Au Revoir but I'm in the 14 team gang who would like to keep them up. Unfortunately though, I want Fev and Leigh to join the party and make relegation fun. Others though want Timbuktu and Cape Town, because that's their interpretation of expansion (or a good away day). 

I just want the best 14 teams with no loop fixtures and maybe no Golden point. The League Winners being Super League Champions might be an idea too, but I get it.... I'm too old fashioned having played and watched our Great game since the late 70's. Who would have thought we had plenty of expansion in the 80s 🤔😉

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

It has settled down of late, but there are huge numbers of posters creaming themselves wanting Toulouse to stay up. 

I've, been. Nice place. Crowd announced as 3k and more like 600 on, but that's there issue. 

Both Hull clubs have History in abundance. No comparison. 

If Toulouse stay up on merit, fair play. If they don't, Au Revoir but I'm in the 14 team gang who would like to keep them up. Unfortunately though, I want Fev and Leigh to join the party and make relegation fun. Others though want Timbuktu and Cape Town, because that's their interpretation of expansion (or a good away day). 

I just want the best 14 teams with no loop fixtures and maybe no Golden point. The League Winners being Super League Champions might be an idea too, but I get it.... I'm too old fashioned having played and watched our Great game since the late 70's. Who would have thought we had plenty of expansion in the 80s 🤔😉

Nice back track to a position of sense.

You stated that Wakey beating Hull was not good for "expansion", suggesting that TO staying up was better for the game.

There are certainly 2 teams in L1 that look competitive and would perhaps contribute to  a 14 team SL.

Whether or not their expenditure is sustainable remains to be seen.

Under the terms we think SL is being run on, if Wakey finish bottom, they deserve to be replaced.

Ditto TO.

Neither going down equate to "expansion".

• Like 1

It was a great win for Wakey, id imagine the FC fans are disappointed because they seemed to be putting in better performances.
I would still sooner have a draw when the 80mins are up, i agree with Ullman. With games seeming to take forever to finish nowadays you’re worrying whether you’re going to be able to catch a bus/train on a nighttime during the week, or on a Sunday afternoon. it’s probably only a small percentage of fans who travel to games using public transport, but i know some fans have decided not too go a game incase they miss their transport home. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Josef K said:

It was a great win for Wakey, id imagine the FC fans are disappointed because they seemed to be putting in better performances.
I would still sooner have a draw when the 80mins are up, i agree with Ullman. With games seeming to take forever to finish nowadays you’re worrying whether you’re going to be able to catch a bus/train on a nighttime during the week, or on a Sunday afternoon. it’s probably only a small percentage of fans who travel to games using public transport, but i know some fans have decided not too go a game incase they miss their transport home. 

Draws are rare enough so why not enjoy them. Don't really see the need for golden point. Happy to make an exception today though.😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

...Others though want Timbuktu and Cape Town...

If they cover all expenses, why not? They may need to use artificial grass in the former. It's also rather warm (see example below). Am I winning you over Snowy or are you favouring Norilsk and Anchorage?

Month High / Low(°C)

June 42° / 29°

July 38° / 27°

August 37° / 26°

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

7 hours ago, Ullman said:

Time to scrap golden point. Caused me to miss the rail replacement bus from Westgate station and it started siling down. Really put the tin lid on the day.

I don't think this was a serious comment, just my pal feeling sorry for himself so I think SB and JK will have to look elsewhere for support.

6 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Agree about Golden point. Should never exist in a League involving relegation. Stupid rule. 

5 hours ago, Josef K said:

i agree with Ullman. With games seeming to take forever to finish nowadays you’re worrying whether you’re going to be able to catch a bus/train on a nighttime during the week, or on a Sunday afternoon. it’s probably only a small percentage of fans who travel to games using public transport, but i know some fans have decided not too go a game incase they miss their transport home. 

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 02/06/2022 at 14:47, Old Frightful said:

Wakey's last SL win was at home to Salford on 3rd April, since then they've lost six on the belt. Hull FC have been in reasonable nick since the derby debacle mid April so it all points to a home win...

Well, I got that bit right.  

6 hours ago, RayCee said:

If they cover all expenses, why not? They may need to use artificial grass in the former. It's also rather warm (see example below). Am I winning you over Snowy or are you favouring Norilsk and Anchorage?

Month High / Low(°C)

June 42° / 29°

July 38° / 27°

August 37° / 26°

Too hot for me buddy. Currently in Turkey and its 33 degrees now so give me good old Northern weather any day 😂😂

Watershed dings in Feb would have been lovely 👌

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I don't think this was a serious comment, just my pal feeling sorry for himself so I think SB and JK will have to look elsewhere for support.

Indeed mate.

Although I've gone off it a bit.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Scott Taylor 1 match ban, I imagine that could have been the incident involving Reece Lyne. Hope Lyne is gonna be okay.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Scott Taylor 1 match ban, I imagine that could have been the incident involving Reece Lyne. Hope Lyne is gonna be okay.

Early reports dislocated lower limb looked like his ankle from the sidelines but I am no medic I am sure the full extent will come out after tests.

There's a female Hull FC fan on social media warning Hull fans about pick pockets in Loret after arriving there today in readiness for the Catalans v Hull FC game this coming Saturday.

Some wag suggested she might be getting confused with Wakey picking Hull's pocket yesterday.

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Dont think he'll be a big loss to you guys, thought he looked like a player at the end of his career