RL merch spotted in unexpected places

Probably not on topic, as it was me wearing the top, rather than seeing somebody else.  Was working in South Africa in 2009, and went to all three Union Lions games.  Had on the Lions Union top for the 1st two, but for the final game put on my England RL top instead.

Got a lot of ragging from the die hard union fans, but the Lions did win the game (but not the series). Then they was all ragging me for not wearing it in the first 2 games.

While I was out there I did have a friend who was a Bulls fan (Blue bulls, not Bradford), so we used to go to Pretoria for games at Loftus Verstfield, and I usually was wearing my Quins RL top (London Broncos was quins back then), but of course none of the Locals noticed that it was the League top and not the Union one.

Fun times, when London was actually quite good, and would win a game or two

Edited by crashmon

3 hours ago, zylya said:

I've been in Bognor Regis for the last few days housesitting, and between the train station and the bus stop, I saw a woman in full St Helen's kit and a bloke in a Leeds Rhinos gilet.

With shorts and socks?? 

Like one or two others, I've posted this on here before but...

In 1997, I spent a couple of weeks visiting a mate who was living and working in Baltimore, Maryland at the time. We spent a couple of days in New York and during a taxi ride down 5th Avenue, I spotted a bloke jogging along in a Hull FC 1980's shirt. To my frustration, I couldn't work out where the window switch was in the back of the cab as I was gonna belt out "COME ON YOU ULLAH!" as we went past.

Lord knows what the cab driver would have made of it.

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 03/06/2022 at 23:09, gazza77 said:

I'm a Fev fan, living in Calderdale. I once went for an evening run through the village whilst wearing a Fev shirt, and passed a confused looking bloke in a Cas shirt going the other way. 

Sat in the Sulby Glenn pub tonight in the Isle of Man, I was on a table next to a bunch of blokes that were quoting the famous Mick Morgan "I can't speyk" commentary. 

To follow this up, saw a bloke in a Wakey shirt in Peel (IOM) on Sunday. 

• Like 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

11 hours ago, gazza77 said:

To follow this up, saw a bloke in a Wakey shirt in Peel (IOM) on Sunday. 

TT races?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

17 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

TT races?

Yes. 

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

On 03/06/2022 at 23:09, gazza77 said:

I'm a Fev fan, living in Calderdale. I once went for an evening run through the village whilst wearing a Fev shirt, and passed a confused looking bloke in a Cas shirt going the other way. 

Sat in the Sulby Glenn pub tonight in the Isle of Man, I was on a table next to a bunch of blokes that were quoting the famous Mick Morgan "I can't speyk" commentary. 

I love this. Such is the parochial nature of the sport that twenty miles away is a million miles away.

(no criticism).

• Like 1

People called Romans they go the house

On 03/06/2022 at 21:09, welshmagpie said:

There’s a car that I see regularly in Worcester town centre that has a Wakefield Trinity car sticker.

Saw a London Broncos jersey in Brecon once upon a time too. 

If that was any time between 2002ish to 2008ish then you should have waved.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Saw bloke in a Wire top on Eastbourne seafront last year. I was also wearing a Wire top, so it led to a surprised exchange of glances.

Saw a bloke in a Hull top on Hastings seafront. I was wearing a Wire top and he pointed out that you don't see many RL fans that far south.

I also saw @gingerjon. I think he was wearing a Dunkerque Ladies Handball top.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

21 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Saw bloke in a Wire top on Eastbourne seafront last year. I was also wearing a Wire top, so it led to a surprised exchange of glances.

Saw a bloke in a Hull top on Hastings seafront. I was wearing a Wire top and he pointed out that you don't see many RL fans that far south.

I also saw @gingerjon. I think he was wearing a Dunkerque Ladies Handball top.

I was in Hastings last week and ended up in Battle (the site of the famous B of H).

They were having a battle re-enactment of sorts and bug ger me, the knights were wearing England RL tabards! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/06/2022 at 06:47, Alan Robertson said:

Jake the Snake Roberts wrestling in a Wigan shirt.

It can be seen here: https://www.wwe.com/videos/tommy-dreamer-jake-roberts-vs-justin-credible-jack-victory-november-to-remember-1998 

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

One I always remember is there was a pottery expert on Time Team who always wore a St Helens t-shirt and sometimes a Saints woolly hat as well. 

he was desperate for someone to bring him a mug.... :kolobok_ph34r: