Team news for Batley away

Evs62

54 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Be careful what you wish for marra. I'm still amazed the BBC make these programmes for a few 100 people who listen. Its only a matter of time until they pull the plug in favour of other shows for a different type listener and a bigger audience.Once that happens you will have something to complain about.

If it’s them 2 I won’t be bothered missing their they’re unbearable I’d rather use twitter if can’t get to game at least twitter won’t frustrate me and have me shouting & swearing down my phone for full match🥹😂😉

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

As a Batley fan I listened to the Workington and Whitehaven matches on Radio Cumbria, yes of course they are slightly biased but they do cover game where as Radio Leeds are awful if it isn't Super League then they aren't interested, so please be glad you get coverage.  

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Churchill Drivers said:

Peter Smith is also very negative towards Haven when covering their games so its maybe his nature.  Also for those that did not know, Jamie Carragher and his family were all Everton supporters before he played for Liverpool - most his family still support Everton.

Is Peter Smith negative when reporting on both Town and Haven games, or just saying what he is watching in front of him,

• Haha 1

I think you lot have a lot more to worry about other than the radio commentary after your teams performance today! Their bound to be talking  more about the team that's doing all the scoring and playing better than the opposition, the commentary might have been a lot more enjoyable if your team had actually turned up, in fact I  don't think they will have strung more than a couple of sentences  together on how workington performed! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, DavidM said:

And another thing . Do we really need to congratulate every team that beats us ?

It's sport, when the game is over, if you don't respect the winner you're a bad loser. If you're a bad loser you're supporting the wrong team, go and support Saint's or Wigan, then you don't even need to get out of your chair! 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The scrim reaper said:

I think you lot have a lot more to worry about other than the radio commentary after your teams performance today! Their bound to be talking  more about the team that's doing all the scoring and playing better than the opposition, the commentary might have been a lot more enjoyable if your team had actually turned up, in fact I  don't think they will have strung more than a couple of sentences  together on how workington performed! 

No Sh*t Sherlock! I think we thought we were just unlucky! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Nero said:

It's sport, when the game is over, if you don't respect the winner you're a bad loser. If you're a bad loser you're supporting the wrong team, go and support Saint's or Wigan, then you don't even need to get out of your chair! 🤣

Respect the opposition , admit the better team won , don’t congratulate them 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Town67 said:

Did anyone play well? Couldn’t listen to the game, I’m not surprised at result as batley are a top 6 side especially at home

We should have taken a point off the same team a few weeks ago. I was expecting us to lose but thought we might put some points on the board.

20 minutes ago, Town67 said:

Did anyone play well? Couldn’t listen to the game, I’m not surprised at result as batley are a top 6 side especially at home

Looking at the scoreline, and listening on radio, there was evidence galore that nobody in a Town shirt performed well.

I know it's a forum full of opinions....BUT....come on guys please leave the commentary teams failings with them, they didn't influence any lacklustre play did they?..(and hey,I'm guilty of being ###### with the mike too)

.And wow not one shot aimed the referee...now that's a rare thing is it not?

The video "highlights" of the tries are pretty😉 difficult to watch. We won't win another game if we defend like that every game, our left side defence looked very weak. Was that Tate playing in Singletons shirt?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

11 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

The video "highlights" of the tries are pretty😉 difficult to watch. We won't win another game if we defend like that every game, our left side defence looked very weak. Was that Tate playing in Singletons shirt?

Nobody mentioned Caine’s try which was chalked off for god knows what! It looked fine. But that apart we were let’s say ‘disappointing’. I’m not surprised the commentator couldn’t boost us up a bit. Day after a beer festival though, the dregs were lovely at £2.50 a pint, so the afternoon wasn’t a total loss! 😊😋🍺

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

Just a note for everyone who blamed Alex Young on previous matches for the weak edge - Not guilty this time!

Edited by Derwent Parker
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Just a note for everyone who blamed Alex Young for the weak edge - Not guilty this time!

No, can't blame Alex this time. I don't really know off watching it once why they got so much joy on that side but I'm sure it can be fixed once Chris watches it back. UTT

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

5 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

No, can't blame Alex this time. I don't really know off watching it once why they got so much joy on that side but I'm sure it can be fixed once Chris watches it back. UTT

Going off topic, But if anyone else is watching Fev v Bradford  on Premier sports, I know Chris will be watching but look at the size of forwards on both teams?. I still say we are missing big body's in the pack but has people say"Chris knows what he is doing"I bet he would love the pack that the Fev has. 🤔😉🏉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Going off topic, But if anyone else is watching Fev v Bradford  on Premier sports, I know Chris will be watching but look at the size of forwards on both teams?. I still say we are missing big body's in the pack but has people say"Chris knows what he is doing"I bet he would love the pack that the Fev has. 🤔😉🏉

Chris’s philosophy of having no big forwards won’t work in the championship and never will and he will have take the consequences from that

• Like 2