Jump to content

Team news for Batley away


Evs62
 Share

Recommended Posts


18 minutes ago, Evs62 said:

HOPEFULLY BATLEY WILL GET THE TWO TO MAKE IT SIX.  Just sums up Peter's commentary

Yep he did drop his guard and said that...oh dear..

What I also heard was the commentator relating to having spoken to Chris Thorman on Thursday........seemingly Chris said 'he was playing in the Championship with a League 1 squad.'..........which is not good to hear. I mean surely that was evident during the close season weeks?  And it should have been a priority to upgrade the squad asap???????

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those 2 fellas have made a bad day as a Worky fan into one that makes me want to shoot myself. Should be making it exciting not the dismal commentary, repetitive doom & gloom. Next time they’re on I won’t be.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

No hes a biased jameater he just said "batley have just scored another 4 AND HOPEFULLY HE'LL MAKE IT 6"

Exactly he can't stand Town and shouldn't be doing our games and it isn't the first time he's been like this .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From Delight to despair in 3 days 🙈. The nilling really hurt, I thought Thursday's confidence boost would galvanise us today but sadly not. Not sure what to think of the Jam result, never happy for them to win but they might have done us a favour.🤔 Bara on Sunday which will be a walk in the park.🙈

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

No hes a biased jameater he just said "batley have just scored another 4 AND HOPEFULLY HE'LL MAKE IT 6"

If he said that then he shouldn't ever commentate at our games again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Exactly he can't stand Town and shouldn't be doing our games and it isn't the first time he's been like this .

It’s like carragher commentating on Everton games 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Those 2 fellas have made a bad day as a Worky fan into one that makes me want to shoot myself. Should be making it exciting not the dismal commentary, repetitive doom & gloom. Next time they’re on I won’t be.

Next time they're on may be at Derwent Park next Sunday.........let's hope our team actually give them something exciting to commentate on.....not that I'll hear it while standing on the popular side 20 yard line town end.......UTT.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Forget the rest of the league We are in a four horse race. Its as simple as that. I'm not suprised at today's score. Disappointed,yes, but not suprised. Rams haven and London are now MUST win games.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two from bottom three to survive now. We've seen both the others at DP and I'm confident we are a better side than both of them. 

Not a good showing today but we need to pick our battles now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

It’s like carragher commentating on Everton games 

So it isn't just me thinking that then 🤔

Sorry others if I'm not in the Peter Smith Fan Club but all we fans want (who can't make the game ) is  unbiased commentating, we knew it was going to be tough but a few positive  comments wouldn't go amiss surely !

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Town Army said:

Always going to be our biggest problem, we may well end up winning 5/6 games but others will pick up points along the way leaving us short 

Not so sure we’ll win 5/6 games mate. Haven and dewsbury at home and I struggle to see anything beyond that 

  • Like 3

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

So it isn't just me thinking that then 🤔

Sorry others if I'm not in the Peter Smith Fan Club but all we fans want (who can't make the game ) is  unbiased commentating, we knew it was going to be tough but a few positive  comments wouldn't go amiss surely !

Switched over to the Haven game when it was obvious we were getting pumped. Unbiased it certainly wasn't, 2 rabid haven fans giving it full throttle,  embarrassing to say the least. Jordan Weir needs to take stock and think about what he's doing, I'm  sure he thinks he's standing in the Kells end when on air. 🙄

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Switched over to the Haven game when it was obvious we were getting pumped. Unbiased it certainly wasn't, 2 rabid haven fans giving it full throttle,  embarrassing to say the least. Jordan Weir needs to take stock and think about what he's doing, I'm  sure he thinks he's standing in the Kells end when on air. 🙄

He was commentating on the radio Cumbria sport haven link so I guess you could say he’s ok too get a bit excited when commenting on the haven game 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, wonky said:

Not so sure we’ll win 5/6 games mate. Haven and dewsbury at home and I struggle to see anything beyond that 

I'm hoping Haven at Leeds, London away, Widnes at home plus the games mentioned above ..... I'll get my coat 😆

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Peter Smith is also very negative towards Haven when covering their games so its maybe his nature.  Also for those that did not know, Jamie Carragher and his family were all Everton supporters before he played for Liverpool - most his family still support Everton.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

I'm hoping Haven at Leeds, London away, Widnes at home plus the games mentioned above ..... I'll get my coat 😆

Think that's a good shout.........only thing that worries me is - however bad Haven may be they always give 110% against us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...