Who will be the next coach?

Wakefield Ram

Sorry to say, I don't think we will announce anything until the next game is out of the way. Hopefully, with a win giving us a chance of staying up.

The budget we have for player's or coach and his backroom team, will depend upon which league we are in.

Another defeat will result in a different list of candidates for coach in a lower league.

• Like 2

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

It'll be Sykes and Knowles, always the cheap option at Dewsbury

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

It won't be John Kear who's just joined Widnes. Any ideas?

I was told yesterday that Mark had been in touch with John Kear to help the club but had turned us down due to a opportunity elsewhere. Plenty of interest in the job and it’s not been advertised yet.

We are just about down. The whole club needs a kick up the arris and after yesterday we’ve got nothing to lose.

Cant think of anyone else now that John Kear has opted for Widnes other than Leon Pryce. Not sure he’d want the job but if he did he might be able to cajole / rattle a bit of enthusiasm out of our failing “stars”

Edited by Rambo
  • Like 2
rambo.gif

2 hours ago, Hugh Jarce said:

Sorry to say, I don't think we will announce anything until the next game is out of the way. Hopefully, with a win giving us a chance of staying up.

The budget we have for player's or coach and his backroom team, will depend upon which league we are in.

Another defeat will result in a different list of candidates for coach in a lower league.

I think your right. I reckon we’ll go with Sykes and get someone else in to help him. Him and Paul March seemed to be having a deep conversation yesterday in the bar.

11 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

I think your right. I reckon we’ll go with Sykes and get someone else in to help him. Him and Paul March seemed to be having a deep conversation yesterday in the bar.

Sykes is part of the problem. It requires a whole root and branch upheaval.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

One of the problems is that we need Paul Sykes out on the park at the minute ...... so it then needs someone else with experience to make "game time" decisions while Sykes leads the team on the field...... I don't know where Francis Cummins or Barry Eaton are involved currently, but someone (like them) with their coaching experience would surely be a welcome addition in the current situation..... The first half on Sunday was the best of the season - let's not lose sight of that either, but to ask Sykes to Coach a relegation-threatened team AND take on on-field responsibilities as well is asking a hell of a lot from the guy ........... Full credit to him for saying he'd take it on.

Who would I like to see in charge ?? ........... Richard Marshall but sadly I don't think we could (financially) prise him away from Warrington Academy ........ and that's a sad indictment of the game as a whole.

• Like 3

I don’t think Paul March, or the likes of Gary Thornton or Leon Pryce would be the best, either for keeping us up and certainly not for progressing in the current division should we remain in it for next season. I imagine Pryce’s “rattling a bit of enthusiasm” would be akin to the days of Tony Fisher’s style.

Who would I want? It’s more of who can we afford, or who would want to come. John Kear was probably out of our price range (as would be Richard Agar, but he doesn’t want a coaching job right now). 

Perhaps we could look at one of a SL team’s assistants. You never know, he might come at an affordable price if he sees it as a step up and to prove his ability as a head coach.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

16 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Ok then,but who does the job in the meantime?

Agree it’s a difficult one. Going forward depends how ambitious and serious Mr Sawyer is. I don’t know him at all so I am not in a position to judge. A decent coach will usually come on board if the deal is right. Just one from left field Mark Applegarth at Wakefield. Don’t know if it would ever get off the ground though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

On a practical level, the club has excellent training facilities, sound if limited finances, a chairman who doesn't interfere in team matters and will give any coach 2-3 seasons. 

When Kirklees and Amberchase say the club can use the facilities!

• Like 1

Matt diskin all day long

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

4 hours ago, KC Ram said:

Why can’t they be used, I thought there was just a night time limit?

Club site ,sat ,sun, peak time, it says 9 till one o' clock. If that is correct that seems  bonkers to me. I understand now why you never see them used on a sunday when we come to watch the team.

30 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Why?

Because he is a Batley fan.

• Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.