Sky coverage this week

When the current contract is up it may be the right time to ditch SKY.Their choice of presenters constantly jabbering on does nothing for the game.Premier Sports and Channel 4 show just how stale SKY has become.Time for a change as Sky content over the last few years has steadily gone down the pan with only a handful of channels worth watching.

50 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

How much are Premier going to pay?

A game founded so that its players earned a proper wage for their commitment to playing does not need to trouble itself with questions of money.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Dallas Mead said:

Only 1 match again this week?  Salford v Wigan on Friday.  Not good from sky is it, we’re being marginalised as a sport by them even more than ever before. ☹️

Magic Weekend has an effect. Sky are only contracted for a specific amount of live games. If they are showing all 6 Magic games then something has to give elsewhere as they are effectively showing 3 weekends worth of games in 1.

• Like 3

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

When the current contract is up it may be the right time to ditch SKY.Their choice of presenters constantly jabbering on does nothing for the game.Premier Sports and Channel 4 show just how stale SKY has become.Time for a change as Sky content over the last few years has steadily gone down the pan with only a handful of channels worth watching.

You make it sound like SL has options....spoiler, they don't. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Do you work for the RFLs commercial department?

2 hours ago, Derwent said:

Magic Weekend has an effect. Sky are only contracted for a specific amount of live games. If they are showing all 6 Magic games then something has to give elsewhere as they are effectively showing 3 weekends worth of games in 1.

This is the best point here. I think I'm right in remembering that the reduced contract allowed also for a reduced number of games covered by Sky rather than simply being lower price, same number of games.

Just now, meast said:

@Tommygilfdo you not think that attracting people to Stadiums to put money into the sport and clubs is a good thing then?

I'm yet to see evidence that a sport not being televised has led to any significant increase in funds to that club/sport by walk up. Last week's low attendances once again showing how not being on TV has no noticeable uplift in attendances.

If Huddersfield vs Leeds was on TV, the number of people watching it would increase by 25 times at least. Modern world being a bit naff maybe, but that's just how the world is, and the TV deal pays a huge chunk of the bills.

The chances are instead of going to a game, most people will just watch or do something else.

• Like 3

On 07/06/2022 at 10:56, hunsletgreenandgold said:

You make it sound like SL has options....spoiler, they don't. 

Next contract negotiation will be interesting 

My Sky is going soon anyway. I'll buy games I want to see by going to pub it now TV pass 

Then WatchNRL 

If there was a SL subscription for all games each weekend I'd be up for paying by a fair bit for that....£40/50 a month would be worth it easily 

5 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

My Sky is going soon anyway. I'll buy games I want to see by going to pub it now TV pass 

Then WatchNRL 

If there was a SL subscription for all games each weekend I'd be up for paying by a fair bit for that....£40/50 a month would be worth it easily 

We keep sky because between football, F1 and of course RL it really is worth it for us to have all year. Realistically that is LUFC, F1 and Leeds Rhinos tbh though: we used to watch a lot more RL not involving our team but have just found our interest waining in recent years.

There's been more than 1 thursday night this year alone where both Leeds teams have been playing on Sky Sports at the same time too. 

I doubt we would keep Sky sports if it was just for RL or Leeds Rhinos though. Especially with live games, Now TV and the odd channel 4 game being available options too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Then WatchNRL 

Isn't that a bit like....

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&insightstoken=bcid_RDdluYq6RkQEHXYVawQLFdpF8Gug.....2c*ccid_N2W5irpG&form=RBY050&iss=SBIUPLOADGET&pc=EMMX01&selectedindex=0&id=-1538477609&ccid=N2W5irpG&exph=410&expw=600&vt=4&sim=1

6 hours ago, Rawschach said:

To be fair to Sky - that game this morning was worth missing a couple of the NRL matches for.

TV gold

Damn right it was.  Almost a different sport (on AND off the pitch) it was THAT good.  Probably my favourite sporting event of the year State Of Origin.

3 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

Damn right it was.  Almost a different sport (on AND off the pitch) it was THAT good.  Probably my favourite sporting event of the year State Of Origin.

Who won ?