Mon 13 Jun: Ch: Leigh Centurions v Featherstone Rovers KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/06/22 at 19:15

Is there much between the teams in terms of ability? I would say that Leigh because of age edge it on the fitness front but Fev are more experienced, so it could be down to whichever coach comes up with the best game plan, Lam has not won owt but I feel that McDermott was privileged with the player's at his disposal in his triumph's, should be interesting, I will go with a similar scoreline to the 1895 final again in Leigh's favour.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Is there much between the teams in terms of ability? I would say that Leigh because of age edge it on the fitness front but Fev are more experienced, so it could be down to whichever coach comes up with the best game plan, Lam has not won owt but I feel that McDermott was privileged with the player's at his disposal in his triumph's, should be interesting, I will go with a similar scoreline to the 1895 final again in Leigh's favour.

The difference is physicality. I dont think the Fev pack can hang with the Leigh pack for 80 mins.

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

6 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

The difference is physicality. I dont think the Fev pack can hang with the Leigh pack for 80 mins.

On a dry flat pitch 😉

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Fevrover said:

And you're not usually far off.

I really hope Fev prove me wrong but at the moment like Tex mentions they just look physically imposing even compared to Fev. Long way to go and might be some twists and turns before they meet in the final.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I really hope Fev prove me wrong but at the moment like Tex mentions they just look physically imposing even compared to Fev. Long way to go and might be some twists and turns before they meet in the final.

Yeah i  agree and as we all know ANYTHING can happen and will as the season progress's.

A very close game that could go either way especially if Leigh dont dominate in the middle. We struggled at PoR when Fevs forwards hit the deck quickly and surrender wasn't called, leaving the Hooker and halves with plenty space to suck us in, but we have props available now and the team has gelled especially defensively.

Really looking forward to a contest of RL at the LSV, thought Fax would do that on Sunday btw, as both teams are too good for this comp.

14 minutes ago, LeeF said:

The real question is how much more the losers will spend on signing new players 😀

I think both teams have significant reserves to call upon and will have one eye on putting together a fully competitive SL 17 come GF time, as that is the only way to get a chance of survival.

17 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Yeah that's how I see it at the moment. Wasn't confident before the 1895 final and even less so before this one especially with three of our starting pack from Tottenham uncertain to play.

If we can hold up to Leigh physically and not consistently lose the collisions then I'd give us a definite chance, but that's a big if.