Sun 12 Jun: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Warrington Wolves KO 15:00

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/06/22 at 14:30

11 minutes ago, meast said:

Maybe in 2 weeks then? ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

Probably not next year though.

• Like 1
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Hull FC....The Sons of God...
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

May be an image of 1 person, playing a sport, grass and text

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Hull FC....The Sons of God...
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

They get a lot of stick but Wakefield have won a third of their games, as many as Warrington, and have, probably, ensured survival with todayโ€™s win over Warrington. Fair play to Willie Poching, heโ€™s done a very good job there.ย 

• Like 5

On 11/06/2022 at 15:30, Loiner said:

Warrington to recover from last weeks shambles +12

Stop helping the bookies wives buying expensive handbags.

Just got home, enjoyed the game some good trys from both sides. Think wire have some great players but a few who are just not doing it anymore. Thats the treble over them by Wakey this season.ย 

Realistic question, with his players and resources how long do you give Powell, surely the Wire boatd must be starting to question his appointment and wondering if it was a huge mistake

Lewis Murphy try saving tackle at 24-24 worth the admission money alone, Warrington looked certain to score and the lad wrapped them up and they lost the ball. Wakefield go up the other end and eventually kelepi tanginoa scores. It was you score we score and we werenโ€™t due to score last but we did and deserved the win.

• Like 5
f3gms4.jpg

6 hours ago, The Mighty Trin said:

Tears of Joy....brilliant...not getting carried away but we're nearly safe.

Up the Trin ๐Ÿ™‚

Absolutely to the first part. I wouldn't go so far as nearly safe but I would at least say we're now no longer favourites to go down and certainly not the nailed on certainties I thought we were after Leeds away.ย ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

Edited by north yorks trinity
mis-typing

35 minutes ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

ย 

ย 

Great tackle.ย 

I like the way Wakefield have let somebodyโ€™s great grandad talk about it on the commentary. Sounds like heโ€™s mumbling on about a lovely pair of bluetits that have landed on the birdbath ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Haha 1

โ€œThere is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.โ€ ย ย Carl Sagan

ย 

Just watching the Murphy ankle tap and subsequent covering tackle on the video posted and there is the evidence for Williams form at the moment. He makes a break and with, two in support, that should have been the game but he chose the wrong option. For me the inside ball is the money ball, supporting player has more room and there's less likely to be players with Murphy's pace chasing back there.

(Taken from the Jon Wells book of after match "with hindsight" quotes...)

52 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Just watching the Murphy ankle tap and subsequent covering tackle on the video posted and there is the evidence for Williams form at the moment. He makes a break and with, two in support, that should have been the game but he chose the wrong option. For me the inside ball is the money ball, supporting player has more room and there's less likely to be players with Murphy's pace chasing back there.

(Taken from the Jon Wells book of after match "with hindsight" quotes...)

That was my original thought, but I do think the pass inside was an awkward one, with the supporting player a bit away and slightly behind.ย 

But imho he passed to early. Williams is one of the fastest players in the squad and I think he could have drawn the fullback before passing. That may have still led to the ankle tap being effective, but it wasn't amazing play. I can only assume Williams wanted the three quarters to take it away, which tbf you'd expect 8 out of 10 times.ย 

But again, we shouldn't ignore the fact that Williams made the break in the first place and the reason we lose is not because of one blown try, it's because we have literally zero backbone and conceded 30 points again versus Wakefield.ย 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

That was my original thought, but I do think the pass inside was an awkward one, with the supporting player a bit away and slightly behind.ย 

But imho he passed to early. Williams is one of the fastest players in the squad and I think he could have drawn the fullback before passing. That may have still led to the ankle tap being effective, but it wasn't amazing play. I can only assume Williams wanted the three quarters to take it away, which tbf you'd expect 8 out of 10 times.ย 

But again, we shouldn't ignore the fact that Williams made the break in the first place and the reason we lose is not because of one blown try, it's because we have literally zero backbone and conceded 30 points again versus Wakefield.ย 

tbh, the more i look at that, the more i wonder why wrench didn't go into top gear after receiving the ball, no guarantee he would have scored, but there was no urgency from him.