Match thread: Championship Rd 15. Leigh v Featherstone Rovers. Monday 13th June 2022.

50 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I assume Kheirallah's OK 

FEV say one game loan BULLS say he has rejoined Bradford on a two-week loan, with a view to that potentially being extended further.

4 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

18th free weekend because of internationals so 2 weeks but 1 game

True L england v combined  but the bulls statement just made me laugh we'ave got him for two weeks🤣

• Like 1

On 08/06/2022 at 08:35, Monkeymagic22 said:

At this stage and especially with the injuries I can't see us getting close to Leigh on Monday. However, that's not to say that we can't beat them later in the season. It's nearly 4 months to the end of the season and lots can change before then.

Remember c@$ getting 60+ at Headingley over Leeds in the league but Leeds beat them in the GF,a long way to go yet.

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Makes yer wonder what is going off.

You're not kidding. Monday was the perfect opportunity for Pickersgill to 'maintain his match fitness' by turning out for us, which would have provided a clearly not fully fit Kheirallah with a much needed rest. Some of McDermott's decision making is baffling to say the least.

Speaking of which, as our coach is such a fan of rotation it would be nice if he could find a way to rotate Ford into the starting 13 each week, otherwise what on earth was the point of shaking up the halves and shipping certain key players out to make way for him, not to mention whatever we're paying him to sit in the stand?

• Like 4

I think the game at Newcastle showed that at the moment Pickergill is way behind even an injured Kheirallah. That may be due to not having much game time recently so a game for Bradford makes perfect sense to me.

I'm hoping that the we've been building to next weeks game and that we can give it a real go with the team and combinations we've been playing with recently. Then we've got a week off and we start again to build towards the bash with players like Ford and Pickersgill getting game time then as part of the rotation and looking at other combinations. 

• Like 2

Pure Green Heaven, Hammonds Mint Sauce

The rules that allows loans for 1 or 2 games is a bit daft but that's the RFL's responsibility not ours, I think Pickersgill will continue to get playing time for us here and there and I think McDermottt still likes him, hence why he played at Newcastle.

The Bradford game turned out to be one-sided but we didn't know that would be the case beforehand hence why we played what was probably our strongest available team which clearly includes Kheirallah, we will be carrying quite a few players who are banged up at this stage of the season just like every other club. If McDermott had rested two or three of our players who are a bit less than 100% and we'd been beaten he would have been called out for that by fans too.

Ford hasn't shown much in the admittedly limited game time he's had so far, and missed a straightforward one-on-one tackle at Newcastle which led to a try so it wasn't that surprising he missed out against Bradford.

He probably needs game time to progress, but Smith and Jacks have both been playing really well (and it was the play of that combination that was keeping Chisholm and Holmes out of the team) and Ford doesn't really have another obvious position apart from half back in my view. McDermott's philosophy seems to be play well and you'll keep the shirt, make mistakes and you won't which seems fair enough to me.

In July we've got games against Newcastle, London and Whitehaven which might see a bit of squad rotation.

• Like 1

Ford will feature prominently as we get to the business end of the season. He's been at the club about a month, so he's still learning the plays and structures, maybe he's a bit behind on fitness levels. I think signing him now was a good piece of business, because as other players in other teams start feeling the effects of a long season, he will be as fresh as a daisy and will cause some damage.

• Like 2

I'd say this game is 50/50, (our) pitch doesn't really benefit us more than the away side and we can't train on it. Obviously there will be more home fans, but it's just who plays best on the day. Stating the obvious I know, but bring it on ! 😛

5 hours ago, clogdance said:

I'd say this game is 50/50, (our) pitch doesn't really benefit us more than the away side and we can't train on it. Obviously there will be more home fans, but it's just who plays best on the day. Stating the obvious I know, but bring it on ! 😛

No way this is 50/50 I'd say 70/50. Home advantage full time and playing well.

• Haha 1

FUNNY thing about Brandon going out on loan to the BULLS  they'ave let Elliot  Hall a fullback who has played 10 games for them this season go out on loan to the RAMs 🤣