Match thread: Championship Rd 15. Leigh v Featherstone Rovers. Monday 13th June 2022.

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

FU9yDS1XwAEwmYf?format=png&name=small

The Leigh 21 man squad is in.

Waiting for Fev's......

Here you go. 😉

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

48 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

A few clues there with the recall of McConnell suggesting that although Bussey and Hepi are both in the 21, they may not be 100%.

Waiting for news that Doyle and Gill going out on loan........

Maybe M but any doubts Donny got no game so he could have recalled  Mathiou as well 

Doyle in Hunslet squad

That squad will do for me. Mcdermott has been laying a game plan out for this game. After the Bradford game JD in the interview, Oh Brian likes us second rowers to kick the ball. Now that to me was a bit of planting seeds into the oppositions minds, Which could prevent the outside defenders moving up too quick in case they get caught out of position with a kick. For the past couple of games JD and JSL have been using this tactic. But it could be that I'm talking B******s and reading into something that isn't there. 😄

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wasginger said:

That squad will do for me. Mcdermott has been laying a game plan out for this game. After the Bradford game JD in the interview, Oh Brian likes us second rowers to kick the ball. Now that to me was a bit of planting seeds into the oppositions minds, Which could prevent the outside defenders moving up too quick in case they get caught out of position with a kick. For the past couple of games JD and JSL have been using this tactic. But it could be that I'm talking B******s and reading into something that isn't there😄

Not really W I think kicking is a  definately  game plan we seem to kick from all over the park Briscoe and Joey  both created tries from kicks and apart from the usual number nine suspects the main protagonists in the forwards are Jack, JD and JSL  but I'm sure kopps has put in a sneaky  litte one 🤣

1 hour ago, RobLambert said:

If this is McDermotts plan we should start looking ahead to another year in the 

I can't quite figure out the plan yet but iam sure Mc knows what it is.

Edited by Fevrover

Still undecided about making the trip to Leigh. At £23 I would probably be tempted if I knew fev might get a cut so using the  Fev Twitter link I tried to book online tickets hoping that would be the case. I then get an 'Oops' from Billy. So I signed up with them but still can't find any tickets. I'm just asked to create a link.

The wonders of modern technology. 

Is there a way to successfully do this?

On 11/06/2022 at 19:27, wasginger said:

That squad will do for me. Mcdermott has been laying a game plan out for this game. After the Bradford game JD in the interview, Oh Brian likes us second rowers to kick the ball. Now that to me was a bit of planting seeds into the oppositions minds, Which could prevent the outside defenders moving up too quick in case they get caught out of position with a kick. For the past couple of games JD and JSL have been using this tactic. But it could be that I'm talking B******s and reading into something that isn't there. 😄

You need to get up field to be able to kick.

Don't know what we are worried about.Just watched documentary about Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson.Don King made the match because he thought Douglas had no bottle and was a quitter.Busters mother was so worried for her son she had a heart attack and died aged 47.Asked if he wanted to pull out of the fight Buster said no i can beat him.The rest is history what i am saying is believe in our own ability to match Leigh in every department.Play for your mate standing next to you and give 100% in attack and defence.Then if we get beat fair play to Leigh.But in the 1895 final we only played 70% of the Rovers true capability.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

No you don't. That's a ridiculous statement, there's nothing set in stone whereabouts you are on the field before you kick the ball. Kicking early in the tackle count when the forwards are struggling to gain ground should be obvious to anyone, because instead of our forwards struggling to get on the front foot, it's the opposition forwards that struggle to get back and take the ball forward, plus it's easier to run forward and chase the ball than turn and chase knowing you're under pressure to get back and take the ball in. Also if the opposition line speed is that fast dink the ball behind the defense, which then leaves defenders questioning whether to move up quick or hesitate, hesitation by the defence allows us to move forward and spread the ball. I mean it's like the 80's or 90's where there was a bobby about 10 yards behind the defensive line. No I'm no coach, I just take interest in how the games structures and play develops.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

All I can say is THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Peanut H for your knowlegable insite into rugby league for years I've bemoaned FEV's lack of 40/20's now I've just learned they were doing nothing wrong they were just following the rules

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, eltel said:

we may just hold leigh for about an hour before our oldies run out of steam just hoping connor jones may make a big difference. utr

Can only do our best,big ask tonight though with Leigh being at home behind a huge crowd full time and playing well but there's a long way to go yet.

7 hours ago, POR said:

All I can say is THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Peanut H for your knowlegable insite into rugby league for years I've bemoaned FEV's lack of 40/20's now I've just learned they were doing nothing wrong they were just following the rules

If only Freddie Miller was still aroun d. He could kick from anywhere and succeed.