Match thread: Championship Rd 15. Leigh v Featherstone Rovers. Monday 13th June 2022.

Pickersgill went of not sure what but seemed to be his back which he’s suffered some back spasms in the past. 

Sheffield fans cheered he struggled to get up and was singing he’s faking it after he went off after there lad just went off with a head injury. Where the Bradford fans clapped him off. 

3 hours ago, coolie said:

Word has it🤔

From a Featherstone fan I sat with in Glasshoughton Sports & Social last Friday watching the Salford Vs Wigan game🤔

Told me big Mac has had a massive bust up with Hall and told him he'll never play for the club again🤔

Owners falling out as well 🤔

Aye and Kheirallah's off to Dewsbury

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

Pickersgill went of not sure what but seemed to be his back which he’s suffered some back spasms in the past. 

Sheffield fans cheered he struggled to get up and was singing he’s faking it after he went off after there lad just went off with a head injury. Where the Bradford fans clapped him off. 

This can't be true. Sheffield don't have any fans...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Coolie, Fev fans need to realise there's always somebody worse off than themselves....and you are testimony to that😄😄😄. It's scandalous losing a game but sadly in your case a lot of games. If Liam Finn is half as good a coach as he was a player you could be in for a treat yet😁

I really respect the patience you show to Mr Coolie.And also the understanding of his various problems.LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

I really respect the patience you show to Mr Coolie.And also the understanding of his various problems.LOL.

Because they understand its a bit of fun, and don't get venomous like other fans, they take the mickey outta me, I take the mickey out of them... Life's too short for vile replies.. Have fun you might enjoy it 🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣😜😜😜

Edited by coolie
  • Like 4

Well now that the dust has settled Im hoping that my first thoughts about the game will come to fruition i.e. if we only just lose we shall stick with the same squad whereas if we get well beaten which we did its back to the drawing board and offload some more players and replace them with some stronger younger forwards in the pack. I feel this is the last chance saloon for rovers as we are surely going down the route of a closed super league shop again or the 2x10 idea.

Edited by eltel

2 hours ago, eltel said:

Well now that the dust has settled Im hoping that my first thoughts about the game will come to fruition i.e. if we only just lose we shall stick with the same squad whereas if we get well beaten which we did its back to the drawing board and offload some more players and replace them with some stronger younger forwards in the pack. I feel this is the last chance saloon for rovers as we are surely going down the route of a closed super league shop again or the 2x10 idea.

I'd go with this

Promote Leigh & Featherstone 

Make super league 14 teams for a season. 

Then cut to 10/10/10 the season after. 

Doing this you've 4 full time teams plus 6 teams that are going to at least having some full time players competing in the second 10, those teams then will have promotion and relegation to super league, realistically I'd like to see a 1 year exemption from relegation in super league to make it more competitive, with the team in second bottom now having to fight for their lives instead of taking the foot off the gas once a team is cut loose at the bottom. 

Why wait?? 

There's no big rollers coming to splash the cash, after covid RL needs a reboot... And this could work🤔

• Like 2

Not a bad idea i could go with that.The one thing about the top 2x10's is the need to produce more players to a higher standard something we don't do enough of at present.No loop fixtures first 10 play each other home and away then each of the other division once 5 at home 5 away giving 28 games.

• Like 2

I take it this is their share of the cash wakey are getting lets hope rovers will get their cash pronto.

Wakefield Trinity have been given some superb news this afternoon.

£8.8 million has been released to help the West Yorkshire redevelop Belle Vue in order to secure their Super League status.

A report to Wakefield Council’s Cabinet stated: “Failure to secure improvements to the stadium presents a direct threat to the future of professional sport in the district and the future of the club itself,”

58 minutes ago, eltel said:

I take it this is their share of the cash wakey are getting lets hope rovers will get their cash pronto.

£8.8 million has been released to help the West Yorkshire redevelop Belle Vue in order to secure their Super League status.

A report to Wakefield Council’s Cabinet stated: “Failure to secure improvements to the stadium presents a direct threat to the future of professional sport in the district and the future of the club itself,”

To be fair, 8.8m sound a lot, but it isn't but it may be enough to polish up the bank of terracing and build a new stand. 

Whether it increases capacity that much remains to be seen but it always been a fantastic pitch. 

1 hour ago, Snowys Backside said:

To be fair, 8.8m sound a lot, but it isn't but it may be enough to polish up the bank of terracing and build a new stand. 

Whether it increases capacity that much remains to be seen but it always been a fantastic pitch. 

It's costing more than the £8.8m being provided by the developer: there's also the £2m from the council and some finance from the Club, so probably around £11m in total. 

5 hours ago, coolie said:

I'd go with this

Promote Leigh & Featherstone 

Make super league 14 teams for a season. 

Then cut to 10/10/10 the season after. 

Doing this you've 4 full time teams plus 6 teams that are going to at least having some full time players competing in the second 10, those teams then will have promotion and relegation to super league, realistically I'd like to see a 1 year exemption from relegation in super league to make it more competitive, with the team in second bottom now having to fight for their lives instead of taking the foot off the gas once a team is cut loose at the bottom. 

Why wait?? 

There's no big rollers coming to splash the cash, after covid RL needs a reboot... And this could work🤔

I get the idea of divisions of 10 and I know that the top league in Scotland did this for a number of years, but how boring is it going to get playing the same 9 teams all the time. It is not about improving the game, increasing the playing pool (does anyone remember the quotes about SL making Great Britain / England competitive against Australia?), it is not about spreading the game, building a bigger grass roots with more people playing the game. The divisions of 10 is all about the top teams keeping a bigger slice of whatever TV money from Sky is available, in other words self preservation.

IMO tinkering with the league structures is not the answer. I'm not saying I have have the answers, I'm just hopeful that IMG can bring new ideas.

• Like 2

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

4 hours ago, eltel said:

Joke. It’s taken 20 plus years to get their house in order. Same with cas 

• Like 2

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

SL must be 14 to 16 teams with Fev, Leigh, Halifax and Bradford included with promotion and relegation of 2 up 2 down.  Teams allowed to have some part time players and reserve teams and sponsorship of 2 amateur teams. 

I don't see what full time has done for the hame to be honest, we are no nearer Australia than we were when we had the old first division. The full time salaries are no where near enough to retire on after a players career so I don't see the point of bankrupting the game and shrinking to top league to protect it. 

6 minutes ago, lingaro said:

SL must be 14 to 16 teams with Fev, Leigh, Halifax and Bradford included with promotion and relegation of 2 up 2 down.  Teams allowed to have some part time players and reserve teams and sponsorship of 2 amateur teams. 

I don't see what full time has done for the hame to be honest, we are no nearer Australia than we were when we had the old first division. The full time salaries are no where near enough to retire on after a players career so I don't see the point of bankrupting the game and shrinking to top league to protect it. 

Why fev leigh halifax and bradford?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Cas first started talk of leaving WR (for Glasshoughton) in the mid 70s, so getting on for 50 years ago.....

Difference is they had no criteria to meet then

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

12 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

A lot of people seem to want the big city teams of Sheffield,Newcastle and York.

Fair enough but they won't get many if any more supporters then Fev ,Leigh etc.

10 hours ago, Fevrover said:

10 hours ago, Fevrover said:

I totally agree with you.