NSW v Queensland live

I hate that this is the biggest game in Rugby League, but here we are.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

I'm glad NSW scored then following what is pretty much a professional foil from Munster. 

He held down on the back of a half break from NSW from the scrum to give a set restart on tackle 1. Happy to concede an extra tackle instead of a penalty. Its cynical and a professional foul to allow his defence to reset. 

Try chalked off. 

Its very intense and fast

Selwyn cobbo has been a sensation for the broncos this year and crighton is a really classy centre

On a very different level to our top players with maybe Makinson, Walmsley, Roby, Welsby, able to compete at this level

7 minutes ago, The storm said:

Its very intense and fast

Selwyn cobbo has been a sensation for the broncos this year and crighton is a really classy centre

On a very different level to our top players with maybe Makinson, Walmsley, Roby, Welsby, able to compete at this level

We really have no idea which of our players could compete at this level,there has been plenty of ordinary players who have played Origin over the years.

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

We really have no idea which of our players could compete at this level,there has been plenty of ordinary players who have played Origin over the years.

Yup. And the last time we saw the best of these two teams play against an England team, it was 6 nil in Brisbane in a World Cup Final.

We know that the Aussies are the best RL nation in the world, we also know that these Origin players have shown plenty of vulnerability at Test level - not against us unfortunately! 😄 

17 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yup. And the last time we saw the best of these two teams play against an England team, it was 6 nil in Brisbane in a World Cup Final.

We know that the Aussies are the best RL nation in the world, we also know that these Origin players have shown plenty of vulnerability at Test level - not against us unfortunately! 😄 

The fact that DCE is the dominant halfback so far tonight should give plenty of nations hope for the World Cup.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

The fact that DCE is the dominant halfback so far tonight should give plenty of nations hope for the World Cup.

Aye, Williams will run rings round him.... 😄 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Aye, Williams will run rings round him.... 😄 

Running round in circles with a little skip & jump at the end is just about all Williams seems to be able to do 😆

• Haha 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

If you could bottle that Queensland spirit.. Defence was awesome.

Can you imagine If we could ever get to this level with the International game. Wow.

• Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Not to take away from the performances in the forwards from both sides because there were some exceptional ones, but I think NZ would be looking at that game and licking their lips. The NZ pack that's likely to run out at the World Cup would dominate the Australian side at the moment. 

Put Hughes/Brown behind that dominant pack and they become very hard to stop, if they still had Roger I'd be comfortable calling them short-priced favourites.

Despite good games from Wighton and Holmes all of Australia's centre options are so far behind Latrell/Trbojevic it's frankly ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, UTK said:

Not to take away from the performances in the forwards from both sides because there were some exceptional ones, but I think NZ would be looking at that game and licking their lips. The NZ pack that's likely to run out at the World Cup would dominate the Australian side at the moment. 

Put Hughes/Brown behind that dominant pack and they become very hard to stop, if they still had Roger I'd be comfortable calling them short-priced favourites.

Despite good games from Wighton and Holmes all of Australia's centre options are so far behind Latrell/Trbojevic it's frankly ridiculous.

It was a very good game with some great Rugby, but as always, particularly in a World Cup year it is interesting to look at where there may be weaknesses. And I do think there were some. Fatigue absolutely got to the players and there was some very sloppy play later on particularly. I thought there was a lot of poor distribution in the game, and a different ref could have pinged a lot of forward passes.

The two big problems for England that I see are that 1 - the Aussies get to pick the best 17 from those today, and 2 - England haven't been playing and getting themselves in good shape, which is a huge worry.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Great game & what a last 20,don’t think I’ve seen a faster last quarter of RL.

A number of Maroons put last years poor performances behind them & outplayed their NSW “golden boys”

Yes of course a number of non-qualified players would break into those two 17s but there is no denying that was a game of very high quality and excitement. Agree, the closing stages were breathless.

Sometimes you just have to say - amazing contest!

• Like 1

Excellent game , so fast and intense . Incredible that the players can keep that up for 80 minutes . What an advantage ahead of international football that those players can play that standard . I don’t like Munster but he reallly is an outstanding talent and competitor . Overall I think the Blues were quite disappointing and at times disjointed , surprisingly with their combinations . The better team definitely won and could have won by more 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Running round in circles with a little skip & jump at the end is just about all Williams seems to be able to do 😆

Have you seen Cameron Munster play?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

It was a good game played at a very high pace but lacked structure (not bad thing) and execution.

It shows us a few things if we want to compete with them later in the year.

Versatility is key - edge forwards shifting to the centre and centres to the wing shows that the best players are able to cover across many positions.

We will need to find...

As much creativity as we can in the half backs even if they are not the most structured of players.

We need as much size and athleticism as we can find in the outside backs.

We need mobility in the middle forwards as the game is frantic and attritional now.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris